Home Forums Movies IN THE HEIGHTS (2021)

IN THE HEIGHTS (2021)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 160 total)
Created
3 years ago
Last Reply
3 days ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Jeffrey Kare
Diamond Tier
roger88
  • Profile picture
    vinny
    Topics:

Just got me that felt off: the songs were not in The same order

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Beastialg
    Topics:

I though it was very good but I didn’t love it. It’s 30 minutes too long and I agreed that the second half is not as great as the first half. The ending especially was kinda weak. The musical scenes are mostly great. 96,000 was amazing.

Very good chance
    SAG – Cast
    Oscars – Sound, Song

Longshots (but not impossible)
    Oscars – Picture, director, actor, s. actress, editing, cinematography and customes.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    BenitoDelicias
    Topics:

It was nice. It had some good numbers like the Carnaval, pool number and the club. The writing wasn’t the best, it had some big lighting issues in that number with Benny and what’s her name on the side of the building. They really needed that Michael Bay moment didn’t they? I felt like either a Transformer was gonna show up or I Dont Wanna Miss a Thing was gonna start.

Then the pool scene had some really crazy and unnecessary green screen shots that were very obvious or at least looked like green screen: the little girl dancing, guy jumping in the pool and several of Usnavi’s shots.

Acting was great. I don’t know what Benny’s background is, but at least get an actor that can dance. It was very obvious Hawkins couldn’t handle the latin dances. Obviously Ramos is MVP. Rubin-Vega is next.

They could’ve done something better with Dasha Polanco instead of having her shake her boobs in every scene.

There won’t be and there shouldn’t be any Oscar nominations for this film. A possible Sound nomination might be a longshot with other musicals coming later in the year. Maybe a SAG ensemble nod.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    mooreda
    Topics:

I saw this movie in the theater. In XD format on top of that. It was such an amazing experience!

The musical was basically perfection for me. I wouldn’t change too much. The one element that I believe they got correct was the sense of community! Every frame felt as if you were part of this community. The streets were filled and reflected what these neighborhoods feel and look like. This film is important for sooo many reasons. To see people of color on a giant screen in a musical, is epic.

I hope people can see the film for its hope and love and joy. It is a great time.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Piper Halliwell
    Topics:

Eh, I’m torn, guys. If you say it’s boring then I won’t bother. Lin Manuel Miranda’s attachment here is basically a no from me (sorry, I couldn’t stand the guy), but I’m usually open-minded.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Pablo J Garcia
    Topics:

I wanted to like it… but the characters you were supposed to root for… were annoying… And i was quite dissapointed with the music… i felt it unergenic… i like “Carnaval” and “Paciencia y Fe” though… but the candle scene was unticlimatic… i hoped more…

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    FairWeatherAffair
    Topics:

🤢🤮

Worst I’ve seen since Oscar season.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    roger88
    Topics:

I loved it, biased opinion ofc but in another league to La La Land so if it doesn’t receive similar accolades I’ll riot

Be ready with the torchs now. The BO numbers are bad.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Jeffrey Kare
    Topics:

To tie in with the release of In the Heights this past weekend, CBS Sunday Morning recently did a profile on its star, Anthony Ramos. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fo4hx8xqWfU

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

This one was fine but honestly nothing more than it. One of the most overhyped movies of the year.

FYC: All things The Crown, Hacks and I May Destroy You (and Hannah Waddingham and Julianne Nicholson whilst you're at it)!!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    ENGLAND
    Topics:

I feel like the approach should have been different. Maybe, ITH should have had the High School Musical treatment. They could have made it a TV/Streaming film with a top selling soundtrack.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    TVLUVAH
    Topics:

I absolutely LOVED “In the Heights” Just a magical film and so relevant and moving, not to mention wonderfully entertaining. Kudos!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Jeffrey Kare
    Topics:

For those who got to see the new movie, In the Heights, this past weekend, did it make you wanna go visit Washington Heights in person? Well, you’re in luck because a new content platform has been created in collaboration between NYC & Company and Warner Brothers to tie in with the release of In the Heights. The Latino Experience in NYC is an ongoing five-borough platform to spotlight Latino heritage and communities throughout the Big Apple. In addition to the In the Heights content they have featuring Washington Heights, NYC & Company is also spotlighting businesses and visitor experiences in other neighborhoods of the City, including Manhattan’s East Harlem neighborhood and Brooklyn’s Bushwick neighborhood, as well as new Culture Guides promoting Uruguayan and Peruvian culture in NYC, with itineraries in Ridgewood, Sunset Park, and Corona, with a guide to Mexican culture to follow. Just the week before the release of In the Heights, I had the great pleasure of interviewing Nancy Mammana, a representative from NYC & Company, about all of this and more.

IN THE HEIGHTS: The Latino Experience in NYC

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Diamond Tier
    Topics:

For those who got to see the new movie, In the Heights, this past weekend, did it make you wanna go visit Washington Heights in person?

No. The film is getting dragged for its lack of Afro-Latino representation. Lin-Manuel Miranda even released a statement. Hollywood needs to get it together.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    roger88
    Topics:

This one was fine but honestly nothing more than it. One of the most overhyped movies of the year.

Yeah. I wonder if the ridiculous critical reception instead of helping really hurts the film’s prospects to avoid the current backlash and creating such unrealistic expectations.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 160 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.