Home Forums Movies Independent Spirit Awards 2019 Predictions

Independent Spirit Awards 2019 Predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
Created
4 weeks ago
Last Reply
4 days ago
replies
views
users
Teridax
KarlVillalobos
Miles
  • Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

I figured now would be a good time to start this thread. We only have a few more months until nominations are announced, so everyone discuss what movies and performances you think will make the cut with the Indie Spirits.

For your Goldderby Film Awards consideration: Isle of Dogs for every category, especially Music Score for Alexandre Desplat!

Miles
    Participant
    Topics:

All I want is for someone to nominate Elsie Fisher.

ReplyCopy URL
    nicholas27
    Participant
    Topics:

I would love to see Leave No Trace shine here since it appears that it’s gonna be looked over for Oscar season. Ben Foster versus Ethan Hawke would be epic. Also a little something for Boots Riley and Sorry to Bother You would be fantastic. Alex Wolff and Josh Hamilton probably only stand a chance here so that’d be great to see their names as well. I’m praying for Elsie and Toni at the Oscars even though Fisher is very unlikely so let’s hope for the best. Thomasin Mackenzie v Elsie Fisher v Toni Collette is a powerhouse battle

ReplyCopy URL
    KarlVillalobos
    Participant
    Topics:

Is Old Man and the gun an indie?

ReplyCopy URL
    Aunt Peg
    Participant
    Topics:

Is Old Man and the gun an indie?

More than likely. It’s budget is probably below the threshold and it wasn’t made by a major studio, only acquired by Fox.

ReplyCopy URL
    Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

What nominations will Eighth Grade and Blindspotting receive? They both can’t be shut out, right? I would love to see the latter especially get nominated for Cinematography, Editing, Director, and for Daveed Diggs’ performance in Male Lead.

For your Goldderby Film Awards consideration: Isle of Dogs for every category, especially Music Score for Alexandre Desplat!

ReplyCopy URL
    KarlVillalobos
    Participant
    Topics:

I have my girl for Supporting and Redford for leading, She might not win something ( hopefully not ) due to some other redheads buzz but I’m pretty sure she’ll get into Indie spirit.

ReplyCopy URL
    Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

Does anyone know if recent Indie Spirit sweeper for Moonlight’s Barry Jenkins’ new film “If Beale Street Could Talk” will be eligible here?

Another one I don’t know about is the Nicole Kidman vehicle Destroyer. That looks interesting from the premise but it could turn out great or terrible.

Any early ideas on what the International Film nominees will be?

ReplyCopy URL
    Peaceful Resolution
    Participant
    Topics:

The budget for Barry’s new movie is less than 20 million definitely. It’s eligible for the Spirits.

ReplyCopy URL
    Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

The budget for Barry’s new movie is less than 20 million definitely. It’s eligible for the Spirits.

Cool. I hope it is an improvement over Moonlight, which even though I didn’t like I still saw the seeds for artistic growth with Jenkins. He seems grounded enough on a personal level that I am confident he hasn’t let all his success with that film go to his head.

ReplyCopy URL
    AwardsConnect
    Keymaster
    Topics:

I presume The Wife will be eligible?

THE OSCAR 100 (#5-1): Henry Fonda, Juanita Moore, Montgomery Clift, Celia Johnson and Gena Rowlands

ReplyCopy URL
    Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

I am bumping this thread. Now that more contenders have been seen and with less than 2 months until nominations are announced on November 16th, what do you all think the Spirit nominees will be?

ReplyCopy URL
    Tyler
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m just hoping to see Alex Wolff, Elise Fisher, and Josh Hamilton (and Toni Collette too but she can make a splash elsewhere unlike these others unfortunately)

ReplyCopy URL
    Participant
    Topics:

I hope Sorry To Bother You gets some love.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.