Home Forums Movies Independent Spirit Awards 2021 – What I Voted For

Independent Spirit Awards 2021 – What I Voted For

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
Owl-Always-wa..
gatorfan
Butz
  • Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

Feature: Minari
    First Feature: Nine Days
    Director: Emerald Fennell
    Screenplay: Promising Young Woman
    First Screenplay: Palm Springs
    Actress: Carey Mulligan
    Actor: Riz Ahmed
    Supporting Actress: Yuh-jung Youn
    Supporting Actor: Paul Raci
    Cinematography: Nomadland
    Editing: Nomadland
    International: Didn’t vote because I haven’t seen the nominees
    Documentary Feature: Time

I didn’t vote for the TV awards because I don’t watch much TV and haven’t watched any of the shows

Oscar winners Emerald Fennell Daniel Kaluuya and Youn Yuh-jung

#StopAsianHate

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    gatorfan
    Topics:

Just because you don’t agree with someone’s choices doesn’t mean that they are awful.everyone has different taste.

Owl, thank you for coming to my defense. I appreciate it.

It’s possible that their criticisms were all in good fun though. I got a bit of a chuckle reading their comments.

Even if they meant to be malicious I’ve learned to ignore the haters and there are PLENTY of those on this site.

You are a good example of how to disagree with someone in a respectful manner. I wish more people on this site were like you.

Thanks again and take care.

First Place- 2018 DGA Awards
    First Place- 2015 DGA Awards
    First Place- 2015 Razzie Award Nominations
    First Place- 2015 Academy Of Country Music Awards

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Novic
    Topics:

Feature: Minari
    First Feature: Nine Days
    Director: Emerald Fennell
    Screenplay: Promising Young Woman
    First Screenplay: Palm Springs
    Actress: Carey Mulligan
    Actor: Riz Ahmed
    Supporting Actress: Yuh-jung Youn
    Supporting Actor: Paul Raci
    Cinematography: Nomadland
    Editing: Nomadland
    International: Didn’t vote because I haven’t seen the nominees
    Documentary Feature: Time

I didn’t vote for the TV awards because I don’t watch much TV and haven’t watched any of the shows

I love all these choices. I can get behind every one of these.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Marrowbone
    Topics:

Owl-Always-watching, thanks for voting for Youn Yuh-jung! Abelfenty, wolfali, and George Ehret thank you for voting for both Yuh-jung and Carey!!!

⭐Best Actress - Carey Mulligan

⭐Best Supporting Actress - Youn Yuh-jung

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Ryusei
    Topics:

2. Best First Feature: The 40 Year Old Virgin 

Finally it’s getting some recognition

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Marrowbone
    Topics:

I hadn’t even noticed it until you pointed it out!! And as the poster says ‘better late than never’! That’s so funny 😀

⭐Best Actress - Carey Mulligan

⭐Best Supporting Actress - Youn Yuh-jung

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Owl-Always-watching
    Topics:

OMG I didn’t even notice. But the laugh I just had. Made my day!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

im surprised how similar I am to Wolfali predictions.

Hehe. It was a tough one for me to decide between Small Axe and I May Destroy You because I was quite touched personally by both of them due to previous life experiences but I ultimately went on an episode basis and it was difficult for “Mangrove” to beat “Ego Death”.

In the television acting categories it was no question for me. I did enjoy Elle Fanning’s performance in the pilot of The Great and Maiteryei Ramakrishnan’s in Never Have I Ever but it didn’t cause me to waiver in my support for Shira Haas’ tour de force performance. The other nominees in Actress were underwhelming and that Actor field was bizarre so I defaulted to Rahav due to having liked his on screen chemistry with Shira Haas and his show was stronger in comparison to the others. I will be surprised if Haas doesn’t win.

The others were easy choices to make for me although I had been tempted to go with Glynn Turman for Supporting Actor and Yeri Han for Supporting Actress but I stuck with Raci and Youn. That was a tough one because both of those pairs of performances were so different from one another and they were difficult to compare.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Owl-Always-watching
    Topics:

Hehe. It was a tough one for me to decide between Small Axe and I May Destroy You because I was quite touched personally by both of them due to previous life experiences but I ultimately went on an episode basis and it was difficult for “Mangrove” to beat “Ego Death”. In the television acting categories it was no question for me. I did enjoy Elle Fanning’s performance in the pilot of The Great and Maiteryei Ramakrishnan’s in Never Have I Ever but it didn’t cause me to waiver in my support for Shira Haas’ tour de force performance. The other nominees in Actress were underwhelming and that Actor field was bizarre so I defaulted to Rahav due to having liked his on screen chemistry with Shira Haas and his show was stronger in comparison to the others. I will be surprised if Haas doesn’t win. The others were easy choices to make for me although I had been tempted to go with Glynn Turman for Supporting Actor and Yeri Han for Supporting Actress but I stuck with Raci and Youn. That was a tough one because both of those pairs of performances were so different from one another and they were difficult to compare.

Male Tv was the strangest nominees list for me. Where was Nicholas Holt compared to other nominees in category… if Fanning was nominated He would of easily gotten my vote

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.