Home Forums Movies Justice For The Snubbed #6: Best Supporting Actress 2014

Justice For The Snubbed #6: Best Supporting Actress 2014

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
Created
2 years ago
Last Reply
2 years ago
replies
views
users
Fishbiscuit
Atypical
ADouble
  • FilmGuy619
    Participant
    Topics:

So the last poll, for Best Supporting Actress of 2015, was awfully close with Alicia Vikander for Ex Machina narrowly beating the competition. The next poll will go into the Supporting Actress category from last year. From this selection, I’d go with Tilda Swinton in Snowpiercer. But who do you guys feel was unjustly snubbed?

Fishbiscuit
    Participant
    Topics:

Not the best lineup of “should’ve beens” but most of them would’ve been a fine replacement for Streep.  

ReplyCopy URL
    ADouble
    Participant
    Topics:

I’d definetely have nominated Russo and Swinton, but I had to go with Carrie Coon here.

ReplyCopy URL
    Patrick
    Participant
    Topics:

I think this is a pretty solid lineup. Tilda Swinton, Carrie Coon, Jessica Chastain, Rene Russo, and Rose Byrne would all have easily been worthy of Oscar nods. I’d even say Kim Dickens was as well. I loved all of those performances, but Jessica Chastain was who should’ve replaced Dern. Her range in the role was so impressive. I felt like even though she brought sass and attitude to the role, it was so nuanced and genuine.

ReplyCopy URL
    Boidiva02
    Participant
    Topics:

Chastain.   With Russo in second place.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

Rose Bryne: is not supporting, though. I love her in this, but I think she’s as much of a star as Rogen or Efron. So I count her out. 

Jessica Chastain: Good, not remarkable. I don’t find this snub so frustrating. 

Carmen Ejogo: What’s she’s doing in this poll? 

Carrie Coon: Incredibly mediocore and overrated performance. Kim Dickens should be on the list over her. 

Agata Kulesza: Amazing LEAD performance.

Renée Russo: Very good. But also, not that much of  a knockout.

Tilda Swinton: One of the greatest performances of 2014. My vote.

Katherine Waterston: Awful. Just awful. She was trying to be sexy and mysterious, but instead of that she was dull and annoying. One of the worst performances of 2014. 

Naomi Watts: She was simply lovely and a much better supporting presence than Emma Stones’s sweaty ‘actressing’. 

PERSONAL LINEUP
    1. Rima Te Wiata in “Housebound”
    2. Tilda Swinton in “Snowpiercer”
    3. Keira Knightley in “The Imitation Game”
    4. Erica Rivas in “Wild Tales” (“Relatos Salvajes”)
    5. Jennifer Connelly in “Noah” 

ReplyCopy URL
    nkb325
    Participant
    Topics:

Agata Kulesza was amazing. Yes, I agree she’s sort of a co-lead, but the movie really begins and ends with Ida, so I’m willing to let it slide. Ideally it wouldn’t be an issue at all but I can’t help the fact that’s all relative, and in comparison to other cases of category fraud this was nothing.

ReplyCopy URL
    Saulo Correa Ferreira
    Participant
    Topics:

I´d take Coon, Watts, Chastain or Swinton over Dern, Stone and Knightley easily. All very unispired nominations.

ReplyCopy URL
    Hubert_K
    Participant
    Topics:

God I haven’t seen Agata Kulesza so I voted for other…She won every award in Poland in lead actress category but she actually is kind of supporting. Either way she is better that all five actress nominated in supporting and better than Witherspoon and Jones in leading.

ReplyCopy URL
    Andrew Carden
    Participant
    Topics:

Of those, Russo.

ReplyCopy URL
    Kyle Bailey
    Participant
    Topics:

Swinton by far. Emma Stone’s nomination was so lazy. I love the girl but what did she do in that damn movie that was better than Swinton?! Rose Byrne supporting? That would be like Amy Schumer going supporting for Trainwreck 

ReplyCopy URL
    FilmGuy619
    Participant
    Topics:

Swinton by far. Emma Stone’s nomination was so lazy. I love the girl but what did she do in that damn movie that was better than Swinton?! Rose Byrne supporting? That would be like Amy Schumer going supporting for Trainwreck 

I understand the argument that Rose Byrne is a Lead since the film begins and ends with her and Rogen. But if she were put in Supporting, it wouldn’t be Rooney Mara in Carol-level fraud imo. 

ReplyCopy URL
    Atypical
    Participant
    Topics:

Agata Kulesza

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

Jessica Chastain in A Most Violent Year and Rene Russo in Nightcrawler are the two big ones for me.

ReplyCopy URL
    Beastialg
    Participant
    Topics:

Tilda Swinton, then Russo, then Chastain.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.