Home Forums Movies NAPOLEON(2022) – Ridley Scott, Joaquin Phoenix

NAPOLEON(2022) – Ridley Scott, Joaquin Phoenix

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 206 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
RIDLEY SCOTT
LA26
Chitanda170
  • Profile picture
    mitchellfleming21
    Topics:

Anyone else worried that this is being written by the All the Money in the World screenwriter? I mean that was a decent film but as a story about a kidnapping, it was just so dull and messy despite its potential. I really hope he’s stepped up his game for this, I’d hate for this to be more of a Robin Hood than a Gladiator for Scott.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

Anyone else worried that this is being written by the All the Money in the World screenwriter? I mean that was a decent film but as a story about a kidnapping, it was just so dull and messy despite its potential. I really hope he’s stepped up his game for this, I’d hate for this to be more of a Robin Hood than a Gladiator for Scott.

I thought All the Money in the World was decent. I only saw it once at the cinema. Was it messy because of the structure? I’d be more concerned for House of Gucci having a newbie writer. I get that Gaga is giving the film a lot of star power along with the additions of Driver and Pacino, but it’s weird seeing so many people being overconfident about it. Also, IMO, Wahlberg was miscast in All the Money in the World.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    mitchellfleming21
    Topics:

I thought All the Money in the World was decent. I only saw it once at the cinema. Was it messy because of the structure? I’d be more concerned for House of Gucci having a newbie writer. I get that Gaga is giving the film a lot of star power along with the additions of Driver and Pacino, but it’s weird seeing so many people being overconfident about it. Also, IMO, Wahlberg was miscast in All the Money in the World.

Yeah I agree it was decent, I just thought it was lacking the excitement and emotion that it could of had considering the fascinating true story it was telling. And the use of flash-backs felt very poorly executed to me. I’m worried about Gucci too, but less so just because that screenwriter hasn’t made anything yet so I don’t have a sample size for him, so for all I know he’s the next Steven Zallian and this is his big break.
    And yeah, totally agree on Wahlberg. Brendan Fraser gave a much more interesting performance as the same character in the FX show Trust, which gave me everything that I wanted from All the Money in the World.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

Ridley Scott briefly talked about Kitbag in an interview with THR last month:

“RIDLEY SCOTT: I’ll show you. I’m working on [a film about Napoleon Bonaparte]. It’s starting with a snowball fight in Corsica. I want Napoleon as a young boy to put a stone inside a snowball because he’s losing the fight to the other boys in his military school. He fights dirty. So I draw that out. It fits the location I’ve already found in Malta, a fantastic Napoleonic courtyard. But it all starts with a great script [by David Scarpa]. The script is inspiring. I read it, and I started drawing, which means I’m filming already.” 

Source: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/ridley-scott-raised-by-wolves-1234965758/amp/

Camille Cottin recently did press for Stillwater in Cannes, and I was wondering if anyone here can picture her as Josephine instead of Comer? I’m surprised Scott didn’t consider her, especially since she recently worked with him on House of Gucci.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    RIDLEY SCOTT
    Topics:

Dariusz Wolski said he will be the Cinematographer. It will be his 10th project with Ridley Scott: 9 movies and RAISED BY WOLVES

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Craig Kell
    Topics:

Camille Cottin recently did press for Stillwater in Cannes, and I was wondering if anyone here can picture her as Josephine instead of Comer? I’m surprised Scott didn’t consider her, especially since she recently worked with him on House of Gucci.

I can actually. Coincidentally, she and Jodie share scenes together in Killing Eve 😛

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    yabixz
    Topics:

https://t.co/GIfs3s6O5I?amp=1

Scott elaborated on his take on Napoleon’s story. “The thing that really makes Napoleon tick is, why was he in so much need of Josephine?” he says. “There was a need for each other. And we think we’ve pinpointed what that was.”

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Chitanda170
    Topics:

Many movies had romanticized the relationship of Napoleon and Josephine but from the documentaries i saw that was a toxic relationship and Josephine never loved him, and both had different lovers.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Vincent Figueroa
    Topics:

Scott elaborated on his take on Napoleon’s story. “The thing that really makes Napoleon tick is, why was he in so much need of Josephine?” he says. “There was a need for each other. And we think we’ve pinpointed what that was.”

Gladiator  II.  Oh, my god..

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    lulina
    Topics:

there is some news from kitbag apparently

IMDb states the film is an ‘original and personal’ look at Napoleon origins and life. It tracks his ‘swift, ruthless climb to emperor’ through the perspective of his ‘addictive and often volatile’ relationship with Josephine.

Kitbag will begin filming in January 2022 with a source from the set explaining that “various battle scenes” will be filmed in the Oxfordshire.

The source also described the film as “massive” and “bigger than 1917”.

The film is currently recruiting extras from around the county to take part in the battle scenes, as well as other extras to work on ball scenes.

source: https://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/news/19704320.film-directed-ridley-scott-starring-jodie-comer-joaquin-phoenix-shoot-oxfordshire/

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Stank83
    Topics:

“Bigger than 1917??”
    Loool, 1917 wasn’t even that big, it wasn’t exactly an epic large scale movie, it was just focused on one character and it was helped by the gimmick of the continuous shots. 
    I really don’t understand the comparison here.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Synthadora
    Topics:

“Bigger than 1917??” Loool, 1917 wasn’t even that big, it wasn’t exactly an epic large scale movie, it was just focused on one character and helped by the gimmick of the continuous shots. I really don’t understand the comparison here.

They’ll say anything to grab attention but have you seen the behind the scene’s, those exterior shots was long as af

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    LifeIsAmazing
    Topics:

I don’t know why they’re trying to make Jodie Comer a thing when The Last Duel flopped. That was the first movie sold on her name. You could have gotten a better actress like Carey Mulligan for this.

Ridley Scott was impressed by her performance in The Last Duel, and she did her job amazing. Nothing wrong

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    RIDLEY SCOTT
    Topics:

I don’t know why they’re trying to make Jodie Comer a thing when The Last Duel flopped. That was the first movie sold on her name. You could have gotten a better actress like Carey Mulligan for this.

They are selling on Joaquin Phoenix and his reunion with his GLADIATOR Director

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Cocastique
    Topics:

Many movies had romanticized the relationship of Napoleon and Josephine but from the documentaries i saw that was a toxic relationship and Josephine never loved him, and both had different lovers.

Monarchs had political marriages, how surprising.

Really really skeptical about this. I know I should not expect much historical accuracy from a Hollywood film and I try not to be annoyed too much by that… but TLD and especially Ben Affleck’s character rugged me the wrong way.

I hope he doesn’t portray Josephine as a saint or Napoleon as pure evil. Both are morally grey characters.

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 206 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.