Home Forums Movies Kitbag(2022) Ridley Scott, Joaquin Phoenix, Jodie Comer

Kitbag(2022) Ridley Scott, Joaquin Phoenix, Jodie Comer

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
LA26
RIDLEY SCOTT
Chitanda170
  • Profile picture
    mitchellfleming21
    Topics:

Anyone else worried that this is being written by the All the Money in the World screenwriter? I mean that was a decent film but as a story about a kidnapping, it was just so dull and messy despite its potential. I really hope he’s stepped up his game for this, I’d hate for this to be more of a Robin Hood than a Gladiator for Scott.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

Anyone else worried that this is being written by the All the Money in the World screenwriter? I mean that was a decent film but as a story about a kidnapping, it was just so dull and messy despite its potential. I really hope he’s stepped up his game for this, I’d hate for this to be more of a Robin Hood than a Gladiator for Scott.

I thought All the Money in the World was decent. I only saw it once at the cinema. Was it messy because of the structure? I’d be more concerned for House of Gucci having a newbie writer. I get that Gaga is giving the film a lot of star power along with the additions of Driver and Pacino, but it’s weird seeing so many people being overconfident about it. Also, IMO, Wahlberg was miscast in All the Money in the World.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    mitchellfleming21
    Topics:

I thought All the Money in the World was decent. I only saw it once at the cinema. Was it messy because of the structure? I’d be more concerned for House of Gucci having a newbie writer. I get that Gaga is giving the film a lot of star power along with the additions of Driver and Pacino, but it’s weird seeing so many people being overconfident about it. Also, IMO, Wahlberg was miscast in All the Money in the World.

Yeah I agree it was decent, I just thought it was lacking the excitement and emotion that it could of had considering the fascinating true story it was telling. And the use of flash-backs felt very poorly executed to me. I’m worried about Gucci too, but less so just because that screenwriter hasn’t made anything yet so I don’t have a sample size for him, so for all I know he’s the next Steven Zallian and this is his big break.
    And yeah, totally agree on Wahlberg. Brendan Fraser gave a much more interesting performance as the same character in the FX show Trust, which gave me everything that I wanted from All the Money in the World.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.