Home Forums Movies NAPOLEON – Ridley Scott, Joaquin Phoenix, Vanessa Kirby

NAPOLEON – Ridley Scott, Joaquin Phoenix, Vanessa Kirby

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 160 total)
Created
10 months ago
Last Reply
2 days ago
replies
views
users
RIDLEY SCOTT
Chitanda170
LA26
  • Profile picture
    Cocastique
    Topics:

She’s not close to the appropriate age at all – she’s 20 years younger than Joaquin and Josephine was older than Napoleon.

She is though. Josephine was 33 when she married Napoleon. Comer’s 28. As the user you’re quoting said, they just chose an older actor for Napoleon. Joaquin is 47 when Napoleon was only 35 when he became emperor.

I agree however on the fact that the age gap between the actors is ridiculous though but I wouldn’t interchange Comer with an older actress (40+ like some are suggesting). I mean, how would that be more accurate ? They shouldn’t have casted Joaquin Phoenix. I would have preferred Tahar Rahim or any other actor that is younger and actually French.

FYC

Best Picture : The Worst Person in the World, Benedetta, Dune

Best Director : Denis Villeneuve

Best Actress : Renate Reinsve, Agathe Rousselle, Penélope Cruz

Best Supporting Actress : Charlotte Rampling, Jessie Buckley

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Chitanda170
    Topics:

Monarchs had political marriages, how surprising.

Really really skeptical about this. I know I should not expect much historical accuracy from a Hollywood film and I try not to be annoyed too much by that… but TLD and especially Ben Affleck’s character rugged me the wrong way.

I hope he doesn’t portray Josephine as a saint or Napoleon as pure evil. Both are morally grey characters.

Napoleon wasn’t a monarch when he met Josephine, i think he really loved her at first but then that relationship got cold, Josephine laughed with her friends reading the love letters from Napoleon to her.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Chitanda170
    Topics:

She is though. Josephine was 33 when she married Napoleon. Comer’s 28. As the user you’re quoting said, they just chose an older actor for Napoleon. Joaquin is 47 when Napoleon was only 35 when he became emperor.

I agree however on the fact that the age gap between the actors is ridiculous though but I wouldn’t interchange Comer with an older actress (40+ like some are suggesting). I mean, how would that be more accurate ? They shouldn’t have casted Joaquin Phoenix. I would have preferred Tahar Rahim or any other actor that is younger and actually French.

The thing is we don’t know where the timeline of the movie will be, it’s obvious another actor will play a younger Napoleon or maybe Ridley doesn’t give a f#$% about historical accuracy if he doesn’t do that. Lol

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    RIDLEY SCOTT
    Topics:

This Epics with Huge Budgets need very famous even if they are not realistic. Ridley Scott said it best the ugly truth of Cinema when he got a lot of attacks for casting a very famous white man(Christian Bale) in EXODUS: GODS AND KINGS: “I can’t get 200 Million USD if I cast unknowns”

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    RIDLEY SCOTT
    Topics:

The thing is we don’t know where the timeline of the movie will be, it’s obvious another actor will play a younger Napoleon or maybe Ridley doesn’t give a f#$% about historical accuracy if he doesn’t do that. Lol

I hear they are using CGI and making Younger Joaquin Phoenix. Like De Niro(The Irishman). Phoenix is 31 years younger than De Niro so I suppose the CGI will work Better

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Chitanda170
    Topics:

I hear they are using CGI and making Younger Joaquin Phoenix. Like De Niro(The Irishman). Phoenix is 31 years younger than De Niro so I suppose the CGI will work Better

It worked really well with Robert Downey Jr.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    FTomoson
    Topics:

Like I said before, after Exodus, I don’t trust Scott with casting. Rahim would be perfect but he’s also a PoC, Scott’s personal kryptonite.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Chitanda170
    Topics:

People is offended by the historical accuracy  with the age gap but they’re perfectly fine with a poc actor playing Napoleon, why  don’t pretend then that’s an alternative universe, in none of these cases there’s a historical accuracy.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    RIDLEY SCOTT
    Topics:

People is offended by the historical accuracy with the age gap but they’re perfectly fine with a poc actor playing Napoleon, why don’t pretend then that’s an alternative universe, in none of these cases there’s a historical accuracy.

I agree

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    RIDLEY SCOTT
    Topics:

Like I said before, after Exodus, I don’t trust Scott with casting. Rahim would be perfect but he’s also a PoC, Scott’s personal kryptonite.

Denzel Washington is a PoC and he was great in AMERICAN GANGSTER. I remember several great PoC actors in KINGDOM OF HEAVEN

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    FTomoson
    Topics:

Denzel Washington is a PoC and he was great in AMERICAN GANGSTER. I remember several great PoC actors in KINGDOM OF HEAVEN

2 in the span of a 40+ year career. Fascinating. Even Ryan Coogler movies ain’t that diverse.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    RIDLEY SCOTT
    Topics:

2 in the span of a 40+ year career. Fascinating. Even Ryan Coogler movies ain’t that diverse.

He usually makes movies about things he knows. Like Martin Scorsese. Nothing weird with it. Sofia Coppola is The Same. She only works with people she knows

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Chitanda170
    Topics:

2? I remember many black actors in Gladiator, the final scene is with two black actors.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    RIDLEY SCOTT
    Topics:

2? I remember many black actors in Gladiator, the final scene is with two black actors.

Yes. Idris Elba, Cuba Gooding Jr and Chiwetel Ejiofor too worked with Ridley Scott

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    RIDLEY SCOTT
    Topics:

My friend told me KITBAG is openning in Movie Theaters and APPLE TV in December 2022. It must be true because he works at The Ridley Scott Creative Group

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 160 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.