Home Forums Movies Last Night In Soho (2021) (Edgar Wright, Anya Taylor Joy Psycho-Thriller)

Last Night In Soho (2021) (Edgar Wright, Anya Taylor Joy Psycho-Thriller)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 281 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
23 mins ago
replies
views
users
Elsa Korr
crabbie
wolfali
  • Profile picture
    Elsa Korr
    Topics:

Last Night in Soho will premiere at TIFF

https://variety.com/2021/film/news/toronto-film-festival-lineup-alanis-morissette-doc-dune-edgar-wright-last-night-in-soho-1235002760/

FYC-Nightmare Alley in All Categories (Best Picture, Guillermo Del Toro for Best Director, Bradley Cooper for Best Actor, Cate Blanchett for Best Actress, Rooney Mara for Best Supporting Actress, Richard Jenkins for Best Supporting Actor)

FYC-Last Night in Soho (Edgar Wright for Best Director, Thomasin McKenzie for Best Actress, Anya Taylor Joy for Best Supporting Actress, Edgar Wright and Krysty Wilson Cairns for Best Original Screenplay)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    boogiezen
    Topics:

Comments about Last Night in Soho.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Elsa Korr
    Topics:

Last Night in Soho will premiere (out of competition) at Venice.

Will we have reactions/reviews right after its premiere at Venice??

I see that Focus really try to pull Black Swan here (which also premiered/screened at Venice and TIFF) but i personally think it would be much better if they went competitive on this one, either pushing for Golden Lion or Volpi for either of the ladies.

FYC-Nightmare Alley in All Categories (Best Picture, Guillermo Del Toro for Best Director, Bradley Cooper for Best Actor, Cate Blanchett for Best Actress, Rooney Mara for Best Supporting Actress, Richard Jenkins for Best Supporting Actor)

FYC-Last Night in Soho (Edgar Wright for Best Director, Thomasin McKenzie for Best Actress, Anya Taylor Joy for Best Supporting Actress, Edgar Wright and Krysty Wilson Cairns for Best Original Screenplay)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Elsa Korr
    Topics:

Last Night in Soho will screen at 4 September

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Elsa Korr
    Topics:

TIFF Description of Last Night in Soho:

Last Night in Soho crafts a delicious new flavour from surprising ingredients: the pop thrills of 1960s Swinging London, the darker pleasures of psychological horror, and a very contemporary story of a young woman defining who she aims to be in the world.

Writing with Krysty Wilson-Cairns (1917), Wright draws us into the orbit of Eloise (Thomasin McKenzie), a 1960s-obsessed young woman who ventures from the English countryside to study fashion at a prestigious London academy. Ostracized by her school’s chic cliques, Eloise retreats from her dormitory to a rented flat in Soho, where her life becomes psychically intertwined with that of Sandy (Anya Taylor-Joy), a singer living in 1966. Matt Smith (The Crown) turns up as Jack, a smooth night owl promising to help Sandy achieve stardom. But as Sandy’s descent into the demimonde and Eloise’s nocturnal wanderings intensify, overlapping traumas turn both present and past into a vivid swirl of danger.

Drawing from the psychotronic cinema of the 1960s and ’70s, and cleverly featuring appearances from actual ’60s icons such as Dame Diana Rigg, Margaret Nolan — both in their final roles — Terence Stamp, and Rita Tushingham, Wright’s first full-on foray into horror is a dazzling and dizzying thriller

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Elsa Korr
    Topics:

Hours away from Venice premiere!!!

Anya Taylor Joy, Edgar Wright and Krysty Wilson Cairns will likely to attend the premiere and press conference. Thomasin McKenzie was supposed to attend as well but NZ Lockdown prevent her from going

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

The time has come. Let’s see if my 100/1 odds for Soho in Picture and Director hold up.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Elsa Korr
    Topics:

The time has come. Let’s see if my 100/1 odds for Soho in Picture and Director hold up.

Me seeing it placed outside Top 15 on Picture and Directing be like

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I’m more scared than I will be when I watch the horror sequences in the film lmao.

Oscars FYC:
    "THE POWER OF THE DOG" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "SHIVA BABY" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "TOGETHER" – Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "FLEE" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Elsa Korr
    Topics:

I’m more scared than I will be when I watch the horror sequences in the film lmao.

I’m scared of the reception for the movie more than the Horror sequences lol

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

Wow

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Elsa Korr
    Topics:

Wow

Damn. I dont expect OOC campaign to be this massive

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Wow

Over the past few days I’ve seen Focus switching between both this and Belfast in their instagram stories. I think if both end up being acclaimed they’ll campaign hard for them.

Oscars FYC:
    "THE POWER OF THE DOG" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "SHIVA BABY" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "TOGETHER" – Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "FLEE" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Elsa Korr
    Topics:

Over the past few days I’ve seen Focus switching between both this and Belfast in their instagram stories. I think if both end up being acclaimed they’ll campaign hard for them.

The bar is always lower for Belfast.. they dont need 90% RT and 86 Metascore to get into above the line.. Soho has a lot to overcome: Genre Bias, Internal competition with Belfast and Card Counter etc

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

Over the past few days I’ve seen Focus switching between both this and Belfast in their instagram stories. I think if both end up being acclaimed they’ll campaign hard for them.

I think Focus could get both Belfast and Last Night in Soho in especially if Searchlight can only get Nightmare Alley in. I’m starting to see cracks in The French Dispatch with the rise of Venice and surprisingly Telluride films (Cyrano, King Richard). The French Dispatch criticism of being too cold and Wes Anderson on steroids may detract it’s chances at a nomination.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 281 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.