Home Forums Movies Looking back at 2010: promising young actresses

Looking back at 2010: promising young actresses

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 123 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 weeks ago
replies
views
users
braydenfitzsi..
AniAbbina
Jajajajjaja
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Fair enough.

I definitely agree about the rest although I have never heard of Simone Ashley.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

I definitely agree about the rest although I have never heard of Simone Ashley.

She portrays Olivia in Sex Education and was just cast as the new lead in Bridgerton season 2 (as Anthony’s love interest).

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Hmm. I’d say if anyone from <i>Sex Education </i>would be on the cover it would be Emma Mackie.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    AniAbbina
    Topics:

Ariana DeBose, I feel like got the bigger boost from The Prom then Jo Ellen Pellmen and if she does well in West Side Story, and I hope gets the Wicked role, It can easily make her a star. She is rising fast, but again I thought the same thing about Samantha Barks and Hollywood wasted her. So who knows

Lana Condor just seems like she would be on a cover like this.

and Pheobe Dynevor just seems like the person who would be on a cover like this. Personally I think she was one of the weak links in Bridgerton cast.

Zendaya and Florence Pugh have the biggest chances of all of the Gen Z actresses to become a movie star. Saoirse Ronan and Amandla Stenburg I feel like will be like Blanchett, Winslet, and Davis. Millie Bobby Brown, I feel like is on the track to become like the next Jodie Foster/Natalie Portman. I can also see Joey King becoming a really popular actress. Kiernan Shipka has potential

I JUST REALIZED THIS BEANIE FELDSTEIN AND KAITLYN DEVER, both are rapidly rising through the Hollywood ranks.

Chloe Grace Moretz is kind of not doing well, I hope she gets a comeback

Maisie Williams also has potential and so does Sophie Turner. I can also see Yara Shahidi become like a Jodie Foster/Natalie Portman type of Actress

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Jajajajjaja
    Topics:

Chloe Grace Moretz is kind of not doing well, I hope she gets a comeback Maisie Williams also has potential and so does Sophie Turner.

Florence Pugh came to Hollywood and replace Chloe, thats why💀💀

Also im not sure about Sophie Turner after her horrible performance in Dark Phoenix. She cant switch accent for shit

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    RIDLEY SCOTT
    Topics:

Florence Pugh came to Hollywood and replace Chloe, thats why💀 Also im not sure about Sophie Turner after her horrible performance in Dark Phoenix. She cant switch accent for shit

Pugh and Chloe look similar. Both short with curves. Both kind of look like a younger Johansson.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    RIDLEY SCOTT
    Topics:

I remember one famous photo even older. 4 young actresses almost fully naked. I can only remember Keira Knitghley and Scarlett Johansson from those famous 4

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Jajajajjaja
    Topics:

Are Zendaya and Elle Fanning really promising young rising actress’ of the moment when they’re already having similar careers that Jennifer Lawrence and Saoirse Ronan had in 2010? Michaela Coel however. Now that’s someone who definitely would be on a cover like this. In fact she’s already appearing on covers like these right now lol.

Not really. Fanning is too indie for that and never get what so called “Rave reviews” in a relatively big movie like Ronan or Lawrence. Or maybe she is more similar to Ronan since both lead tons of mediocre/overlooked indies that no one really seen it prior turning into their 20s, often being the best part of bad movies (Live By Night for Fanning, The Host for Ronan, as examples.) Fanning has yet to have her “Brooklyn” to establish herself as adult thespian, though “The Great” seems to be her breakout in adult phase in her acting career

For Zendaya, she was never taken seriously as an actress before Euphoria, mainly due to her status as former popstar and Disney Channel frontlaďies

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    RIDLEY SCOTT
    Topics:

Not really. Fanning is too indie for that and never get what so called “Rave reviews” in a relatively big movie like Ronan or Lawrence. Or maybe she is more similar to Ronan since both lead tons of mediocre/overlooked indies that no one really seen it prior turning into their 20s, often being the best part of bad movies (Live By Night for Fanning, The Host for Ronan, as examples.) Fanning has yet to have her “Brooklyn” to establish herself as adult thespian, though “The Great” seems to be her breakout in adult phase in her acting career For Zendaya, she was never taken seriously as an actress before Euphoria, mainly due to her status as former popstar and Disney Channel frontlaďies

Zendaya looks too young. It’s weird but J Lawrence looked way older than her age and that is why it worked for her. Zendaya looks younger than her age so she looks comical in sexy scenes or talking about sex and power

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Melvinezq
    Topics:

Like, where is the controversy, scandals, feuds, trend-setters, public obsession… none of that anymore.

This is film industry, not gossip industry. We ain’t need those crappy things controlling our mind like it used to back in 2000s.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

I want to throw in the young actors from Skins into the mix here. They’re all fantastic! Kaya Scodelario has probably come the closest to major success, but if she could stop choosing bad franchises, things could start looking up. The list includes:

Hannah Murray
    Kaya Scodelario
    Kathryn Prescott
    Lily Loveless
    Freya Mavor
    Jessica Sula
    Laya Lewis

I’m going to throw my chips in for Freya Mavor actually becoming a really big deal with the right role, given her post-Skins choices. She’s playing opposite Isabelle Huppert in her next film, and is just coming off the HBO show Industry.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Owl-Always-watching
    Topics:

Mia was huge in the early 2010s. You don’t even hear her name mentioned anymore. Anyway, back then you could have a cover like this. Nowadays it’s “controversial”.

Mia was the one that chose to do small indie movies that she .findS interesting. She made choice of not to be in big movies Bc she wasn’t interested Alice in wonderland.

She has done some pretty good under the radar independent movies.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Jajajajjaja
    Topics:

The entire concept of a “movie star” has drastically changed so change even from 2010 to 2021. FWIW, here’s the most followed IG actresses born 1995 or younger (I’ve probably missed some other notable people) Zendaya – 87.5m Millie Bobby Brown – 42.9m Dove Cameron – 39.7m Lili Reinhart – 27.2m Camila Mendes – 25.5m Bella Thorne – 24.2m Madelaine Petsch – 22.9m Katherine Langford – 18.1m Joey King – 18m Chloe Grace Moretz – 17.8m Sophie Turner – 15.1m Hailee Steinfeld – 13.4m Lana Condor – 10.7m Maisie Williams – 10.3m Kierna Shipka – 8.1m China McClain – 6m Rowan Blanchard – 5.4m Anya Taylor-Joy – 5.1m Elle Fanning – 5m Ariel Winter – 4.5m Lily Rose-Depp – 4.4m Marsai Martin – 2.8m Cierra Ramirez – 2.7m Ryan Destiny – 2.7m Amandla Stenberg – 2.4m Kathryn Newton – 1.5m Storm Reid – 1.3m

This doesnt guarantee the “Movie Star” status. Some of them are actually horrible actresses like Riverdale ladies save for Lili Reinhart. Dove Cameron is a meh for me, she is more of a celeb than an actress. Some of them are more known for their tv work rather than movies, but who knows

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Viridiana
    Topics:

I think some of you really overestimate the potential of people starring in TV/Streaming shows to become a proper movie star.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Jajajajjaja
    Topics:

Out of all those young actresses working, people/critics already draw comparison on some of them to their older counterpart.

Saoirse Ronan getting compared to Kate Winslet

Florence Pugh getting compared to Kate Winslet(too)

Thomasin McKenzie getting compared to Jennifer Lawrence

Elle Fanning getting compared to Nicole Kidman.

Though i do really think that many of current generation of actresses are the reminiscent of the older generation. Some of i can think of:

Zendaya reminds me of Halle Berry because of their black “it” girl status

Anya Taylor Joy reminds me of Charlize Theron because both are playing Imperator Furiosa and started from modelling

Zoey Deutch(brutally underrated) reminds me of Reese Witherspoon because of the balance of comedic and dramatic chops.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 123 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.