Home Forums Movies Looking back at 2010: promising young actresses

Looking back at 2010: promising young actresses

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 123 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 week ago
replies
views
users
braydenfitzsi..
AniAbbina
Jajajajjaja
  • Profile picture
    Cocastique
    Topics:

Out of all those young actresses working, people/critics already draw comparison on some of them to their older counterpart. Saoirse Ronan getting compared to Kate Winslet Florence Pugh getting compared to Kate Winslet(too) Thomasin McKenzie getting compared to Jennifer Lawrence Elle Fanning getting compared to Nicole Kidman. Though i do really think that many of current generation of actresses are the reminiscent of the older generation. Some of i can think of: Zendaya reminds me of Halle Berry because of their black “it” girl status Anya Taylor Joy reminds me of Charlize Theron because both are playing Imperator Furiosa and started from modelling Zoey Deutch(brutally underrated) reminds me of Reese Witherspoon because of the balance of comedic and dramatic chops.

Elle Fanning reminds more of Kirsten Dunst than Nicole Kidman, idk why.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Jajajajjaja
    Topics:

I think some of you really overestimate the potential of people starring in TV/Streaming shows to become a proper movie star.

Im not sure. Its been a hit or miss and it also depend on what TV/Streaming they’re in. You cannot expect much someone from Nicklodeon, CW series or Disney Channel (someone like Leighton Mesteer, Madelaine Petsch, Camila Mendes, Dove Cameron, Victoria Justice among others). But some of TV stars transitioned really well into movie stars like Michelle Williams, Daniel Kaluuya, Dev Patel, Kaya Scodelario, Richard Madden among others where there are unlucky ones in movies like Alexis Bledel and Neil Patrick Harris.

From current generation. As examples from Stranger Things ensemble, only Millie Bobby Brown and Finn Wolfhard that continues to getting movie works compared to their castmates

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    AniAbbina
    Topics:

This doesnt guarantee the “Movie Star” status. Some of them are actually horrible actresses like Riverdale ladies save for Lili Reinhart. Dove Cameron is a meh for me, she is more of a celeb than an actress. Some of them are more known for their tv work rather than movies, but who knows

I think Dove Cameron is really talented. I actually got to see on The Light of a Piazza. She was phenomenol, but I feel like she is better on the stage. She suprisingly had a depth to her performence. She was actually really good, but thats the only performence where I thought were I got wowed by her.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Jjene7
    Topics:

I seriously cannot believe how white this cover was just 10 years ago. I can’t believe we were in the dark ages of diversity even then and that editors were completely blind to this.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    FairWeatherAffair
    Topics:

Fanning is set for life in the international film scene. No matter what happens in America, Europe will always welcome her. Youngest Cannes jury member in history and has worked with Tony Scott, Iñárritu, Fincher, Konchalovsky, two Coppolas, Abrams, Crowe, Sally Potter, Jay Roach, Refn, Mills, Affleck, John Cameron Mitchell, al-Mansour, Morano, Laurent, and Allen. Not everybody here is a good director who makes good pictures, but the point is that she’s worked with them and she’s only 22.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Jajajajjaja
    Topics:

Fanning is set for life in the international film scene. No matter what happens in America, Europe will always welcome her. Youngest Cannes jury member in history and has worked with Tony Scott, Iñárritu, Fincher, Konchalovsky, two Coppolas, Abrams, Crowe, Sally Potter, Jay Roach, Refn, Mills, Affleck, John Cameron Mitchell, al-Mansour, Morano, Laurent, and Allen. Not everybody here is a good director who makes good pictures, but the point is that she’s worked with them and she’s only 22.

Her work with Konchalovsky is some of the worst ive ever seen not gonna lie. Also some of her work with those directors (Affleck, Refn, Allen,Moreno and Francis Ford) were subpar at the very best but she always be one of the best thing about those films.

I dont know but it seems that British film industry has some obsession with her that almost half of her filmography this decade either have her character as a british or featured in a british production. All i know is she deserves better directors like Scorserse, Ridley Scott, Nolan, Cuaron, Fincher and she has to collaborate with Saoirse Ronan one day

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Chitanda170
    Topics:

I found these

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Chitanda170
    Topics:

and these

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

and these

Gretchen Mol and Edward Furlong, there’s some blasts from the past.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Chitanda170
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: left;”>

Gretchen Mol and Edward Furlong, there’s some blasts from the past.

</p>
    Edward Furlongs is a waste talent

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Jasmine is French
    Topics:

and these

Djimon Hounsou, Cate Blanchett, Gretchen Mol, Edward Furlong..who else is in this picture?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Jasmine is French
    Topics:

I found these

Is that a 1998 cover? They all did some great work. 3 of them are Oscar winners now

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Chitanda170
    Topics:

Djimon Hounsou, Cate Blanchett, Gretchen Mol, Edward Furlong..who else is in this picture?

Natalie Portman, Joaquin Phoenix, Christina Ricci, Vince Vaughn, Claire Forlani

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Chitanda170
    Topics:

Is that a 1998 cover? They all did some great work. 3 of them are Oscar winners now

I think is from 1996

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Butz
    Topics:

I found these

I have a feeling I should know everybody to the right of Benicio del Toro but somehow I only recognize Will Smith and Johnny Depp(?)

Letterboxd: Ray_In_Bruges

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 123 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.