Home Forums Movies Looking back at 2010: promising young actresses

Looking back at 2010: promising young actresses

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 123 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 weeks ago
replies
views
users
braydenfitzsi..
AniAbbina
Jajajajjaja
  • Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

I have a feeling I should know everybody to the right of Benicio del Toro but somehow I only recognize Will Smith and Johnny Depp(?)

Left to Right

— Tim Roth, Leonardo DiCaprio, Matthew McConaughey
    — Benicio Del Toro, Michael Rapaport, Stephen Dorff
    — Jonathan Schaech, David Arquette, Will Smith, Skeet Ulrich

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Jasmine is French
    Topics:

Natalie Portman, Joaquin Phoenix, Christina Ricci, Vince Vaughn, Claire Forlani

Who are the last two guys?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

Who are the last two guys?

Edward Furlong and Rufus Sewell

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    AniAbbina
    Topics:

I know people are comparing Thomasin McKenzie to JLaw, I honestly don’t see it…if anybody was compared to JLaw is Florence Pugh. I would actually compare McKenzie to Blanchett and I am afraid to say this but I can see her becoming like a Gwyneth Paltrow.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    AniAbbina
    Topics:

I know people are comparing Thomasin McKenzie to JLaw, I honestly don’t see it…if anybody was compared to JLaw is Florence Pugh. I would actually compare McKenzie to Blanchett and I am afraid to say this but I can see her becoming like a Gwyneth Paltrow.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    DanC
    Topics:

One could argue that Zendaya could become our JLaw equivalent (mix of big franchises & projects that win awards)

I don’t see how McKenzie becomes Paltrow (stop trying to scare me). I could see her following the careers of a Carey Mulligan or Rooney Mara.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Jajajajjaja
    Topics:

In terms of.. Douchiness?? McKenzie settles in New Zealand therefore its far from bizz or tabloid coverage unless she made unecessary dramas or feuds, which is unlikely to happen. Her comparison to J-law stems from the fact that they broke through while working with the same director.

If anyone is closer to Gwyneth Paltrow, its Elle Fanning. Not in terms of douchiness but just like Paltrow, Fanning is an American who frequently gets to play a British character or using British accent

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    DanC
    Topics:

If someone did this cover now and chose 9 who do you think would be chosen? I’d say: – Maria Bakalova – Michaela Coel – Emma Corrin – Ariana De Bose – Daisy Edgar-Jones – Dominique Fishback – Vanessa Kirby – Thomasin McKenzie – Anya Taylor-Joy

– Maria Bakalova

– Zazie Beetz

– Lana Condor

– Olivia Cooke

– Ariana DeBose

– Thomasin McKenzie

– Anya Taylor-Joy

– Rachel Zegler

– Zendaya (although she might be too famous for this lineup)

I tried to be somewhat realistic so I went with non-Oscar nominees who are 30 years old or younger (I know that its unfair for a lot promising talent but I wanted to give myself a challenge & lets be honest the cover would do the same thing).

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Chitanda170
    Topics:

I have a feeling I should know everybody to the right of Benicio del Toro but somehow I only recognize Will Smith and Johnny Depp(?)

Johnny Depp isn’t in this cover

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Jajajajjaja
    Topics:

One could argue that Zendaya could become our JLaw equivalent (mix of big franchises & projects that win awards) I don’t see how McKenzie becomes Paltrow (stop trying to scare me). I could see her following the careers of a Carey Mulligan or Rooney Mara.

She does really look like Rooney Mara though and for me, is nore believable to pass as her sister than Kate Mara herself💀💀

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    AniAbbina
    Topics:

I just watched Dickinson, Hailee Steinfeld is easily one the greatest actresses of her generation and she just needs better work

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Ash
    Topics:

These are the top 3 girls that will be movie stars and Oscar winners this decade
    Zendaya
    Millie Bobby Brown
    Anya taylor joy

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

These are the top 3 girls that will be movie stars and Oscar winners this decade Zendaya Millie Bobby Brown Anya taylor joy

Millie is an…interesting choice. I agree with the others too. Zendaya just needs to find the right project that can get her Oscar buzz.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    AniAbbina
    Topics:

The reason I was comparing McKenzie to Paltrow, while unlikely I can see it, I can easily see her growing and becoming like a star, but then starts getting less work. I can also see Anya Taylor-Joy going this path.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

Isn’t Paltrow essentially retired as a actress now? Wasn’t her acting role (that wasn’t Marvel or Fachulk/Murphy) Contagion a decade ago?

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 123 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.