Home Forums Movies Looking back at 2010: promising young actresses

Looking back at 2010: promising young actresses

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 123 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
replies
views
users
braydenfitzsi..
AniAbbina
Jajajajjaja
  • Profile picture
    Jajajajjaja
    Topics:

The reason I was comparing McKenzie to Paltrow, while unlikely I can see it, I can easily see her growing and becoming like a star, but then starts getting less work. I can also see Anya Taylor-Joy going this path.

This is basically almost half of all women working in Hollywood. Most actress that started young begin to getting less work once they hit 35-40s unless she is a thespian like Blanchett, Winslet, Streep, Pfeiffer and Kidman.

I dont know but as much as I adore McKenzie as an actress, she has like zero sex appeal compared to her peers. I know Sex Appeal is not entirely decide someone’s career but if someone has it, no matter how suck her acting can be she still getting work (See: Milla Jovovich, Megan Fox, Alexandra Daddario)

There is a reason why Margot Robbie got cast in everything compared to her fellow aussie that are equally talented or even more talented than her like Elizabeth Debicki and Mia Wasikowska.

I can see McKenzie losing roles to her peers like Millie Bobby Brown, Isabella Merced or Kiernan Shipka only because she is  less appealing than them. But if she could broke through without using Sex Appeal and receiving much better acclaim than peers in her age group, then she has the potential to belong with the leagues of Saoirse Ronan and co

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    RIDLEY SCOTT
    Topics:

I saw a great 2002 photo of Cameron Diaz today. It’s a shame Cameron Diaz retired several times. She was So Underrated

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Ash
    Topics:
    Ash
    Topics:

Millie already has one of the most succesfull movies of all time in the streaming era in which she stars .
    Anya has a madmax spin off which she stars in which will be successful.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    String Cheese Theory
    Topics:

There is a reason why Margot Robbie got cast in everything compared to her fellow aussie that are equally talented or even more talented than her like Elizabeth Debicki and Mia Wasikowska.

Care to share?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    RIDLEY SCOTT
    Topics:

Care to share?

Sex appeal. Margot Robbie got famous as naked in The Wolf Of Wall Street

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Jajajajjaja
    Topics:

March

This. Without her naked scene she already looked Sexy and sexually appealing compared to the likes of Debicki and Wasikowska

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    AniAbbina
    Topics:

Yeah, Haley Lu Richardson with the right project can easily get a nomination. No offense to Saoirse Ronan, who I love, I feel like I personally would have cast her as Jo in Little Women

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    AwardsBait3818
    Topics:

Since their awards history has already been discussed, this is the current net worth of all of the women on cover:

Kristen Stewart-70 Million
    Emma Stone-30 Million
    Anna Kendrick-20 Million
    Carey Mulligan-16 Million
    Amanda Seyfred-12 Million
    Abbie Cornish-8 Million
    Mia Wasikowska-8 Million
    Evan Rachel Wood-8 Million
    Rebecca Hall-7 Million

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    AwardsBait3818
    Topics:

Based on box office success and industry respect I’d rank them:

Emma Stone

Anna Kendrick, Carey Mulligan

Kristen Stewart

Amanda Seyfried

Evan Rachel Wood

Abbie Cornish, Rebecca Hall, Mia Wasikowska

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    AniAbbina
    Topics:

With that criteria I personally would have ranked them like this

Emma

Carey

Anna

Amanda

Kristen (The industry still is getting over Twilight and Snow White, and its a shame because she is easily probably one of the most talented actresses in her era)

Evan

Rebecca

Mia (Where did she go, she was literally huge and had the biggest potential in this list)

Abbie

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    KAZ-2.5
    Topics:

Margot Robbie only still has a career because she proved that she was more than sex appeal. If sex appeal guaranteed you better roles than your peers than Megan Fox would have gotten all the good roles.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Naiad Lyne
    Topics:

Margot Robbie only still has a career because she proved that she was more than sex appeal. If sex appeal guaranteed you better roles than your peers than Megan Fox would have gotten all the good roles.

Megan Fox was blacklisted in Hollywood by Steven Spielberg himself. So sex appeal or not, it doesn’t matter.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Oscirus Jones
    Topics:

Margot robbie manages to continue getting juicy roles despite being one of the most famous comic book figures out there. Few men can escape that trap much less women.  Her sex appeal carrying her is extremely overstated at this point

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Oscirus Jones
    Topics:

Megan Fox was blacklisted in Hollywood by Steven Spielberg himself. So sex appeal or not, it doesn’t matter.

Megan foxx also made that stupid gestapo camp comment which is why spielberg blacklisted her in the first place so shes a bad example.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 123 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.