Home Forums Movies MA (2019)

MA (2019)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 51 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
2 weeks ago
replies
views
users
ospencer
M: The Original
ENGLAND
  • Atypical
    Participant
    Topics:

What a weird tone for a trailer. The music makes it seem like a comedy, yet it’s straight-up horror. Octavia Spencer looks fantastic, no question, and what a departure! But like it was already stated previously, there is no “horror slot” in Best Actress. Trailer showed entirely too much content as well.

ReplyCopy URL
    Atypical
    Participant
    Topics:

MA

ReplyCopy URL
    Participant
    Topics:

Octavia seems to be getting many roles. She is truly having her Marion Cotillard moment (Avoiding the curse of winning an Oscar).

By the way, the film does look like it has comedic elements.

Lupita wins Drama Actress
    Octavia wins Comedy Actress

jk

Spencer generated her own opportunities after Oscar. Everything we saw her in were things she booked prior to the win.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

I could watch Octavia in absolutely anything, even Tyler Perry movie. She’s probably the only actress I don’t mind getting nominated year after year. 😎

ReplyCopy URL
    Lil Tony
    Participant
    Topics:

This looks interesting. I see some get out vibes. It’s not going into awards though

I don't know who to STAN yet

ReplyCopy URL
    ospencer
    Participant
    Topics:

Guys I’m about to enter full stan mode. The film is predicted to open to 20 million (with a 5 million budget) but we know Blumhouse movies and Octavia’s movies always over perform. Also, idk if it’s because they know my google searches but I’m seeing Ma’s ad EVERYWHERE. When I scroll on Instagram, on Facebook and before every YouTube video. I wouldn’t be surprised if the opening weekend climbs as high as 25-30 million, especially if the reviews are good (speaking of that why don’t we have any reactions from the trailer?). Anyways, May 31st we all need to go and support queen Octavia!!!!

ReplyCopy URL
    Participant
    Topics:

Guys I’m about to enter full stan mode. The film is predicted to open to 20 million (with a 5 million budget) but we know Blumhouse movies and Octavia’s movies always over perform. Also, idk if it’s because they know my google searches but I’m seeing Ma’s ad EVERYWHERE. When I scroll on Instagram, on Facebook and before every YouTube video. I wouldn’t be surprised if the opening weekend climbs as high as 25-30 million, especially if the reviews are good (speaking of that why don’t we have any reactions from the trailer?). Anyways, May 31st we all need to go and support queen Octavia!!!!

Ma will be huge. Everyone I know wants to see it and the demographics are multi-generational and multi-racial.

ReplyCopy URL
    ospencer
    Participant
    Topics:

Reviews are ok (I’ll guess 60-65 on RT) but Octavia is getting praised!

ReplyCopy URL
    Dennis El Mar
    Participant
    Topics:

I really wanted Octavia to get a Globes nom from this, but I’m still super pumped to go and see her performance because I know it’s gonna be a fun watch

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

Totally here for this sis. Octavia Queen Spencer deserve this for being the talent that she is. So looking forward to it this weekend.

ReplyCopy URL
    Matthew anzalone
    Participant
    Topics:

I really wanted Octavia to get a Globes nom from this, but I’m still super pumped to go and see her performance because I know it’s gonna be a fun watch

Best actress musical or comedy is a possibility. The comedy acting categories are empty this year

ReplyCopy URL
    Participant
    Topics:

Reviews are ok (I’ll guess 60-65 on RT) but Octavia is getting praised!

It’s a Tate Taylor film in the horror genre no less we should be grateful they’re not calling it a total bust.

ReplyCopy URL
    ospencer
    Participant
    Topics:

It’s a Tate Taylor film in the horror genre no less we should be grateful they’re not calling it a total bust.

Currently sitting at 65 on RT which is respectable! Every single one of the review highlights how good Octavia is. A Globe nom is not out of the question imo, we’ve seen stranger things (Helen Mirren for The Leisure Seeker, Lilly Collins for Rules Don’t Apply come to mind).

ReplyCopy URL
    ENGLAND
    Participant
    Topics:

I hope this does well, for Octavia. Would love for her to have more leading roles in popular films.

ReplyCopy URL
    Bee
    Participant
    Topics:

This isn’t getting panned, which is enough since it was never gonna get raves. Better reviews than The Girl on the Train.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 51 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.