Home Forums Movies National Society of Film Critics Awards 2019

National Society of Film Critics Awards 2019

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 75 total)
Created
12 months ago
Last Reply
10 months ago
( +4 hidden )
replies
views
users
FreemanGriffin
estrelasdealg..
Eddy Q
  • Eddy Q
    Participant
    Topics:

So why is Best Animated Film in the predictions centre when this group doesn’t even have this award? Or is this a new development this year?

Also GD staff, wake up and smell the Burning!

ReplyCopy URL
    estrelasdealgeruz
    Participant
    Topics:

Can we please have both Shoplifters and Burning up for Best Picture. And Steven  Yeun – Burning up for Supporting Actor. And also maybe Sakura Ando – Shoplifters for Actress or Supporting Actress (she has been named in both so i don’t know).

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Eddy Q
    Participant
    Topics:

Roma will win Picture and Director. I have no clue about the rest. I guess Hawke will win Best Actor again for First Reformed and Into the Spider-Verse will win Animated Feature, due to the trends with these critics groups.

National Society until now hasn’t had an Animated Feature category, and I haven’t found anything online about them adding one this year. So unless GD staff have access to information the rest of us don’t, I think it’s just been added there automatically or something – while not even providing the two remaining categories they do have, Cinematography and Non-Fiction film!

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Jazzy
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m sick of all these critics groups ignoring Rami Malek’s performance. It was outstanding.

ReplyCopy URL
    Eddy Q
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m sick of all these critics groups ignoring Rami Malek’s performance. It was outstanding.

When push comes to shove, critics tend not to award actors for films they don’t believe match their talents, and I have to agree with that approach; a performance is not entirely separable from the movie surrounding it anyway. I thought Malek was technically very accomplished with the material given to him, but he wouldn’t make my final five when the film provides such a skimpy outlook on Mercury’s life, holding him back from giving the far more incisive (pun not intended) portrayal I suspect he was capable of. Just my opinion of course.

ReplyCopy URL
    Eddy Q
    Participant
    Topics:

Can we please have both Shoplifters and Burning up for Best Picture. And Steven Yeun – Burning up for Supporting Actor. And also maybe Sakura Ando – Shoplifters for Actress or Supporting Actress (she has been named in both so i don’t know).

Sakura Ando was superb in Shoplifters, but I don’t know if she’s become enough of “a thing” in critics polls to factor in here the way Steven Yeun has.

ReplyCopy URL
    Atypical
    Participant
    Topics:

At least the Florida Film Critics acknowledged how brilliant Sakura Andô was in “Shoplifters.” Still holding out hope for NSFC.

ReplyCopy URL
    Hoster1
    Participant
    Topics:

At least the Florida Film Critics acknowledged how brilliant Sakura Andô was in “Shoplifters.” Still holding out hope for NSFC.

She was also runner-up at Boston (in lead).

ReplyCopy URL
    Mukund
    Participant
    Topics:

BEST ACTRESS: Olivia Colman, THE FAVOURITE (36 points)

RUNNERS-UP: Regina Hall, SUPPORT THE GIRLS (33 points), Melissa McCarthy, CAN YOU EVER FORGIVE ME? (27 points)

ReplyCopy URL
    Mukund
    Participant
    Topics:

BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS: Regina King, IF BEALE STREET COULD TALK (47 points)

RUNNERS-UP: Elizabeth Debicki, WIDOWS (37 points), Emma Stone, THE FAVOURITE (24 points)

ReplyCopy URL
    Eddy Q
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m disappointed enough members bought into the Emma Stone supporting fraud for her to get 3rd place. Yay for Olivia though!

ReplyCopy URL
    jjjmoss
    Participant
    Topics:

regina again, shocker.

I’m glad enough members bought into the Emma Stone supporting for her to get 3rd place

ReplyCopy URL
    Mukund
    Participant
    Topics:

BEST ACTOR: Ethan Hawke, FIRST REFORMED (58 points)

RUNNERS-UP: Willem Dafoe, AT ETERNITY’S GATE (30 points) Ben Foster, LEAVE NO TRACE (25 points) John C. Reilly, THE SISTERS BROTHERS and STAN & OLLIE (25 points)

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 75 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.