Home Forums Movies National Society of Film Critics Awards for 2016

National Society of Film Critics Awards for 2016

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 128 total)
Created
3 years ago
Last Reply
3 years ago
replies
views
users
Eddy Q
Bee
sofan
  • sofan
    Participant
    Topics:

You are complaining about Williams screentime, but you haven’t seen the film and can’t judge a performance or a film based on a trailer.

I was actually complaining about Affleck’s wins based on the trailers and complaining about a 6-minute performance winning so many awards, different times, different complaints, different reasons.

ReplyCopy URL
    Zooey the Dreamer
    Participant
    Topics:

Absolutely NOT true. Unless great acting is a few tricks and mannerism, which it isn’t. The greatness of acting is in the choices an actor makes. Not my words, but I believe there’s truth in them. And you can’t see the choices in the trailer.

So you couldn’t tell PSH was great in Capote before seeing the movie? Ok then good luck.

Aw, is this an attempt at irony? You have no idea how ridiculous your statement is. But whatever… Go with the flow.

ReplyCopy URL
    Philip
    Participant
    Topics:

You are complaining about Williams screentime, but you haven’t seen the film and can’t judge a performance or a film based on a trailer.

I was actually complaining about Affleck’s wins based on the trailers and complaining about a 6-minute performance winning so many awards, different times, different complaints, different reasons.

BUT YOU HAVEN’T SEEN THE FILM! You don’t know what either of them does! Instead you are picking what you read on the Internet and view from a trailer instead of making an opinion of the film and it’s performances. Everyone calls these critics groups sheep for picking all the same winners, but you are following Internet chatter to form an opinion on a film.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

Has Affleck shaved? He look raggedy as fuck with that scraggly long hair and beard.

Beards are so passé. Like seriously guys, just shave them already.

ReplyCopy URL
    sofan
    Participant
    Topics:

Aw, is this an attempt at irony? You have no idea how ridiculous your statement is. But whatever… Go with the flow.

Going with the flow is actually supporting Affleck in that case but ok.

ReplyCopy URL
    M: The Original
    Participant
    Topics:

I hear she’s pretty brilliant in Maudie so if next year is crap for leading actress she might welcome her second nod.

Did a quick search, she should be in the thick of it next year, since the movie is a biopic. SPC has the domestic rights. However, like 2016, Best Actress 2017 appears to be another competitive bloodbath.

ReplyCopy URL
    sofan
    Participant
    Topics:

BUT YOU HAVEN’T SEEN THE FILM! You don’t know what either of them does! Instead you are picking what you read on the Internet and view from a trailer instead of making an opinion of the film and it’s performances. Everyone calls these critics groups sheep for picking all the same winners, but you are following Internet chatter to form an opinion on a film.

For the last time, I have no opinion about the film, I am waiting to see it. And if I did base my opinion about the film on what’s written on the internet, with 96 on MC I don’t think it’d be negative. But the performances can be seen from the trailers and neither of them scream “let’s award them like there is no one else!!”

ReplyCopy URL
    arn
    Participant
    Topics:

Best Director (winner): Barry Jenkins, MOONLIGHT

ReplyCopy URL
    Zooey the Dreamer
    Participant
    Topics:

Going with the flow is actually supporting Affleck in that case but ok.

There’s no way of you actually knowing.

ReplyCopy URL
    arn
    Participant
    Topics:

Best Director (runners-up): Damien Chazelle, LA LA LAND, and Kenneth Lonergan, MANCHESTER BY THE SEA

ReplyCopy URL
    Zooey the Dreamer
    Participant
    Topics:

For the last time, I have no opinion about the film, I am waiting to see it. And if I did base my opinion about the film on what’s written on the internet, with 96 on MC I don’t think it’d be negative. But the performances can be seen from the trailers and neither of them scream “let’s award them like there is no one else!!”

Exactly, this is the problem I have with so many people who follow the race. Many people mistake BAITY performances for GREAT performances and actually require the BAITY FACTOR to call a performance great.

ReplyCopy URL
    Atypical
    Participant
    Topics:

Yasssss “Moonlight” & Barry Jenkins!

ReplyCopy URL
    arn
    Participant
    Topics:

Best Foreign-Language Film (winner): TONI ERDMANN

Best Foreign-Language Film (runners-up): THE HANDMAIDEN, ELLE and THINGS TO COME

ReplyCopy URL
    Zooey the Dreamer
    Participant
    Topics:

Who thought that the National Society of Film Critics Awards would be more predictable than the Oscars. Those critics voting should be ashamed to call themselves the peers of Pauline Kael.

ReplyCopy URL
    Roney Moore
    Participant
    Topics:

Blame their new voting system.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 128 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.