Home Forums Movies National Society of Film Critics Awards for 2016

National Society of Film Critics Awards for 2016

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 8 posts - 121 through 128 (of 128 total)
Created
3 years ago
Last Reply
3 years ago
replies
views
users
Eddy Q
Bee
sofan
  • Eddy Q
    Participant
    Topics:

The NSFC has more than 27 members. It was only 27 who voted in The final round of voting.

Ah, OK, thanks for clarifying.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

Know what’s funny? I went to Awards daily comment section on Portman and Stone and one of the comments stated that Portman gave an outstanding performance but she shouldn’t win “because it isn’t undeniable for her to win a second one”. They said, despite La La Land being overrated, Emma Stone should win “because she doesn’t have one yet”….

Awards Daily is the Pia Zadora of websites.

ReplyCopy URL
    Bee
    Participant
    Topics:

There are sooo many La La Land fans on there but there are way too many Stoners on Awards watch. To the point of delusion.

ReplyCopy URL
    manakamana
    Participant
    Topics:

38 members actually voted.

ReplyCopy URL
    sofan
    Participant
    Topics:

Exactly, this is the problem I have with so many people who follow the race. Many people mistake BAITY performances for GREAT performances and actually require the BAITY FACTOR to call a performance great.

Aww you are one of those “subtlety is the best way of acting” believers. Good luck with everything, I wish you well.

It’s like talking to a brick wall.

You are the one insisting on not understanding any argument so there is really not much I can do.

ReplyCopy URL
    Philip
    Participant
    Topics:

Until you see the film, your opinion doesn’t matter. It’s really that simple.

ReplyCopy URL
    Eddy Q
    Participant
    Topics:

Exactly, this is the problem I have with so many people who follow the race. Many people mistake BAITY performances for GREAT performances and actually require the BAITY FACTOR to call a performance great.

Aww you are one of those “subtlety is the best way of acting” believers. Good luck with everything, I wish you well.

Actually, some kind of subtlety is essential to make a performance great. In fact, I’d say it’s a requirement to make any kind of art great. But you seem to be mistaking subtlety for quietness; there are big, loud performances that contain subtleties within, and quieter performances that are not subtle but wooden. And vice-versa, obviously. But you clearly don’t know what the word ‘subtle’ even means, otherwise you’d realise it was ludicrous to scoff at the idea of subtle acting being the best kind. Besides, you didn’t even engage with Zooey’s main point, which was that too many people simply look for big “Oscar-clip” moments in acting as if that’s all there is to it.

ReplyCopy URL
    AwardsConnect
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Frankly, I think it’s a real shame NSFC couldn’t come up with more inspired winners here, as opposed to the status quo. This was nearly the last chance, with only BAFTA to go, to throw four new names into the acting mix.

For the finest in film reviews and awards analysis, please visit me at The Awards Connection!

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 8 posts - 121 through 128 (of 128 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.