Home Forums Movies No Guts No Glory Golden Globes 2021

No Guts No Glory Golden Globes 2021

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 47 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Jasmine is Fr..
braydenfitzsi..
  • Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Not that I think it’s especially wild at all but I guess my big NGNG prediction this year is that all of the acting winners on both film and TV will be white. And it’s going to start a revolution.

Oh yeah, this could absolutely happen. And if it does, SAG will do the opposite (they might anyway).

Profile picture
    Rmcd8
    Topics:

PYW wins screenplay

Viola wins actress

Chicago 7 and Mank are empty handed

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Oh yeah, this could absolutely happen. And if it does, SAG will do the opposite (they might anyway).

I am convinced that SAG are awarding Michaela Coel and Rege Jean-Page on the TV side and that three of the winners on the film side there will be people of colour.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Atypical
    Topics:

I’m also predicting all-white acting winners for film and television. I don’t think that’s anything uncommon amongst most predictions? Yes, let the HFPA receive all the #GlobesSoWhite backlash the internet can muster, but it’s not like they will care any as an organization. They can’t be bothered to have ONE black voter for however many decades of existing, so why would they blink an eye over racism criticisms! Globes gonna globe to the end.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The hypocisy that these people are supposed to be internationalist and representative of lots of demographics and they’re the most racist of the bunch and the only televised group that doesn’t have a single black voter.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

I am convinced that SAG are awarding Michaela Coel and Rege Jean-Page on the TV side and that three of the winners on the film side there will be people of colour.

SAG did do something similar after the 2nd OscarsSoWhite in 2015, they give a film award to Elba and 4/6 of their TV awards to Black thespians (Elba, Latifah, Davis, Aduba) and another Ensemble win for OITNB.

Profile picture
    Lucas
    Topics:

Y’all need to calm down lol the HFPA is not allergic to non-white actors. Not to defend them or anything, but they have rewarded more POC in lead acting categories than the Oscars

FYC

Best Actor: Mads Mikkelsen (Another Round)

Best Actress: Carey Mulligan (Promising Young Woman)

Profile picture
    diego
    Topics:

I’m playing it really safe. My most NGNGy pick is Mank in score.

Profile picture
    abelfenty
    Topics:

Mank wins Picture and Director.

Profile picture
    Cordelia
    Topics:

Trial sweep, including Sasha.

(Natalie Portman voice) Congratulations to the all white winners. Yes this means I think Aaron S*rkin is winning director.

5 f words will be said.

It’ll be a disaster with technical glitches.

For Your Consideration:

Best Picture: Wolfwalkers

Best Animated Feature: Wolfwalkers

Profile picture
    mateil
    Topics:

Promising Young Woman, Hopkins, Leto, Close, Hoult, Gleeson

Profile picture
    Qoslca
    Topics:

I’m predicting a Jared Leto win at 100/1 odds with a Super Vote. It doesn’t get any more NGNG than that….

My username is an acronym of “Quiet On Set! Lights, Camera, Action.”

“Good morning, and in case I don’t see ya, good afternoon, good evening, and goodnight.” —Truman Burbank, The Truman Show

Profile picture
    William Gillquist
    Topics:

I’m predicting a Jared Leto win at 100/1 odds with a Super Vote. It doesn’t get any more NGNG than that….

Well you’ll be the richest man in the world if that happens.

Profile picture
    Atypical
    Topics:

Y’all need to calm down lol the HFPA is not allergic to non-white actors. Not to defend them or anything, but they have rewarded more POC in lead acting categories than the Oscars

That won’t make the issue go away.

Timesup

Profile picture
    Jasmine is French
    Topics:

That won’t make the issue go away.

Timesup

I did not know this. So that means there are no journalists from the African continent at all in the HFPA?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘No Guts No Glory Golden Globes 2021’ is closed to new replies.