September 27, 2020 at 5:07 pm #1203738298
So this was done for the Emmys this year but I wanted to know during this nominations stage what predictions do you feel are obvious to you but long shots to everyone else?
- That Olivia Colman is getting in regardless of category placement.
- That Kajillionaire is getting a Screenplay nom.
- That Davis and Adams are in the same position when it comes to the win except Davis is getting nominated which sadly isn’t guaranteed for Adams.
- That Pfeiffer is at best this year’s Glenn.
- That The Father is getting into Director.
FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", GLENN CLOSE FOR "HILLBILLY ELEGY", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).September 27, 2020 at 5:11 pm #1203738303
• Palm Springs in Screenplay & Film Editing
• Billie Eilish is only losing song if the film isn’t released
• The Duke is coming for those three Globe noms
• Dune will flop massively (Box Office) and will only be a technical player if it’s as acclaimed as BR2049.September 27, 2020 at 5:21 pm #1203738313
Hudson is not happening outside of the Globes.
Hillbilly Elegy will be a terrible flop and both Adams and Close will miss.
Denzel Washington is having a great year, if all his projects are released, and getting in Best Actor.
On The Rocks is getting no nominations
https://letterboxd.com/cherry123/September 27, 2020 at 5:36 pm #1203738330
Daniel Kaluuya winning Best Actor.September 27, 2020 at 6:24 pm #1203738386
“No Time to Die” will win Best Song and Aaron Sorkin is getting nominated for Director.
FYC Oscars: Chloe Zhao (Nomadland), Delroy Lindo (Da 5 Bloods), Mark Rylance (Trail of the Chicago 7), Viola Davis and Chadwick Boseman (Ma Rainey's Black Bottom), Soul (Best Picture, Best Animated Feature Film, and Best Original Screenplay)
FYC Grammys: Circles (Album of the Year), Good News (Record and Song of the Year), Future Nostalgia (Album of the Year), Don't Start Now (Record and Song of the Year), Everything I Wanted (Record and Song of the Year)September 27, 2020 at 7:51 pm #1203738463
Nomadland will suffer the front runner curse
"We will always have Paris"September 28, 2020 at 8:16 am #1203738972
Promising Young Woman is getting Best Original Screenplay nomSeptember 28, 2020 at 8:26 am #1203738981
Leslie Odom Jr. will win for Best Original Song.
Let’s Go BucksSeptember 28, 2020 at 8:28 am #1203738990
Obvious to Me: It’s way too early to have such a thread open.
Oscar FYC -- Give Viola Davis her second Oscar!September 28, 2020 at 8:39 am #1203739001
Too early, BUT… (here I go)
* Glenn Close will be the sole Oscar nomination for HILLBILLY ELEGY (unless Amy Adams goes supporting too, then they will be the movie’s only Oscar nods) and she might lose it to Helena Zengel (NEWS OF THE WORLD)
Cinema and Popcorn
https://cinemaandpopcorn.blogspot.com/September 28, 2020 at 8:51 am #1203739020
I was coming to say this. Even at the globes, if she goes drama, I don’t see her getting in.
She will have to go drama. As far as I’m aware, the film is not a musical – it’s a film where a character sings. Like A Star is Born, Bohemian Rhapsody etc.September 28, 2020 at 9:08 am #1203739073
Too early, BUT… (here I go) * Glenn Close will be the sole Oscar nomination for HILLBILLY ELEGY (unless Amy Adams goes supporting too, then they will be the movie’s only Oscar nods) and she might lose it to Helena Zengel (NEWS OF THE WORLD)
If she loses, it’s going to be to Olivia Colman or Amanda Seyfried. She’s not losing to an unknown child actor.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.