July 18, 2019 at 3:55 pm #1202983925
I haven’t seen the show on stage, but is Victoria the white cat a prominent lead in this ensemble heavy show? Based on the trailer it appears she will be the “lead” who unites the story together.July 18, 2019 at 4:37 pm #1202984009
Things I could gather from the trailer:
1) Francesca Hayward’s character appears to be the lead character and that character will kinda unite the story togheter. Though I’m still not sure about that because all the other leading characters got like 3 scenes in the trailer so I don’t know.
2) CGI + Motion capture is probably still to be finished it always is like that with movies, they show the bits that look almost finished .
3) It’s not that bad, looks okay.
4) Memories does sound pretty good song by JHud.
5) This is not in the trailer but Lin-Manuel Miranda likes that trailer so you can suck it.
6) After seeing the “hate” from it I don’t know if people have seen the musical? Because it’s almost the same just with computerized effects.
7) If the story is good as the trailer shapes it to be I think it will matter more that the special effectsJuly 18, 2019 at 4:38 pm #1202984013
I haven’t seen the show on stage, but is Victoria the white cat a prominent lead in this ensemble heavy show? Based on the trailer it appears she will be the “lead” who unites the story together.
She is the new character they created for the film if I’m not wrongJuly 18, 2019 at 4:41 pm #1202984019
Darlings, I have to vomit. I mean… it was just… disgusting.
LENA HEADEY hasn't got an Emmy for Game of Thrones????? Emmys you need to win her right now!!
Lena Headey ("Game of Thrones") for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series.
If Lena Headey doesn't win the Emmy, I'm leaving GoldDerby forever.July 18, 2019 at 4:45 pm #1202984032
I need to take a minute. I don’t exactly know what to say.
Except: GET JENNIFER HUDSON IN THAT FUCKING STUDIO AGAIN! That sounded terrible.July 18, 2019 at 4:56 pm #1202984041
Also, has anyone saying the cats look weird af , ever seen the Broadway version? They are HUMANS playing Cats, they are not going to look like real Cats.July 18, 2019 at 5:17 pm #1202984088
the trailer looks way worse upon second viewing, the fact that they look somewhat passable makes it even weirderJuly 18, 2019 at 6:40 pm #1202984153
Jennifer Hudson looks like the only award worthy performance from the trailer so far. “Memory” may be enough to secure her a Supporting Actress nomination.
As for the film itself…I predict it will be a total bomb. The reactions are mostly negative. This will need strong reviews.July 18, 2019 at 6:48 pm #1202984169
So this is basically the sequel to “Cat in the Hat”.
Edit: hadn’t seen Sash’ post, but yeah this is nutsJuly 18, 2019 at 7:03 pm #1202984191
Jennifer Hudson looks like the only award worthy performance from the trailer so far. “Memory” may be enough to secure her a Supporting Actress nomination. As for the film itself…I predict it will be a total bomb. The reactions are mostly negative. This will need strong reviews.
I’d say reaction is like 50/50 or 45/50
Mostly because of how they look
But as most movies that tend to have special effects the CGI is never finished by the time the first trailer arrives. The trailer has scenes mostly of almost done CGI.
Still they will look kinda weird at the end because they are human as cats. Just like the musical.July 18, 2019 at 8:21 pm #1202984258
Ok, so this was interesting. First off, I wasn’t wild with Hudson’s singing in this…her throat is closed and her notes aren’t ringing, as they should for this style. Rebel Wilson’s character seems like it’s in a different movie. The tone was uneven. Production designs look terrific! Still marinating on the computer fur. Dench surprised me, she will probably get a supporting actress nomination.July 18, 2019 at 8:40 pm #1202984286
GIVE LENA HEADEY HER EMMYJuly 18, 2019 at 8:53 pm #1202984318
I hope them bring naked is just temporary. The Jellicle Cats should be way fancier than the cat in the hat.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.