Home Forums Movies Official SILENCE Thread (limited release date 12/23)

Official SILENCE Thread (limited release date 12/23)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 189 total)
Created
3 years ago
Last Reply
3 years ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
GusCruz
Eddy Q
Bee
  • pacinofan
    Participant
    Topics:

“Chicago” was able to defeat “The Pianist” so sometimes voters go with something they enjoy over what seems like serious, Oscar worthy material, and “Chicago” was not even as well reviewed as “La La Land”. I feel a best picture director split with “La La Land” taking picture and “Silence” taking best director is more likely than “Silence” taking both, though I believe “La La Land” taking both is the most likely scenario.

ReplyCopy URL
    CHRIS
    Participant
    Topics:

“Chicago” was able to defeat “The Pianist” so sometimes voters go with something they enjoy over what seems like serious, Oscar worthy material, and “Chicago” was not even as well reviewed as “La La Land”. I feel a best picture director split with “La La Land” taking picture and “Silence” taking best director is more likely than “Silence” taking both, though I believe “La La Land” taking both is the most likely scenario.

I think Academy voters are a lot more dark and tragic than many people think. Chicago was a crime musical with a lot of woman dancing sexy, not a light/colorful romantic musical like La La Land.

ReplyCopy URL
    Rowan
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t think Picture/Director will split this year. If La La Land wins, Chazelle will likely get it too. If Silence is good enough, it’ll take Picture and Director.

That being said, I don’t think Silence will beat La La Land. I could be proven wrong if Silence gets absolute raves, but I think La La Land will take it all.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Emil Petrov
    Participant
    Topics:

I want the damned trailer!!!

ReplyCopy URL
    M: The Original
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m still waiting for the critics Awards to validate Moonlight as the real frontunner I suspect it is! Remember the same passion vote that led to Spotlight winning. The Oscars voting demographics are changing. ????

No one suspects Moonlight to be a sleeper hit with the Academy. It should be recognized with nominations. Nothing is certain about it winning any categories.

ReplyCopy URL
    pacinofan
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m still waiting for the critics Awards to validate Moonlight as the real frontunner I suspect it is! Remember the same passion vote that led to Spotlight winning. The Oscars voting demographics are changing. ????

No one suspects Moonlight to be a sleeper hit with the Academy. It should be recognized with nominations. Nothing is certain about it winning any categories.

The only way I could see “Moonlight” becoming the front-runner is if it both swept, or at least near swept, the critics’ awards and also was a surprise box-office hit. I do not see either happening. It is receiving raves but so are “Jackie”, “Manchester by the Sea” and “La La Land”. I think at least one of the major critics’ groups will give “Moonlight” best picture, my money is on the New York Film Critics Circle, but with so much competition this year it will be difficult to get them all or near all. I wouldn’t be be surprised if each of the major critics groups gave best picture to a different film. Something like: New York Film Critics- “Moonlight”, Los Angeles Film Critics- “Manchester by the Sea”, National Society of Film Critics- “Jackie”, National Board of Review- “La La Land”.

ReplyCopy URL
    Emil Petrov
    Participant
    Topics:

OK, are there any rumors on that trailer? It’s out in 2 months!

ReplyCopy URL
    thatfilmgirl
    Participant
    Topics:

OK, are there any rumors on that trailer? It’s out in 2 months!

I heard a rumor last week that the trailer should be out last week or this week. So hopefully sometime this week?

ReplyCopy URL
    Bee
    Participant
    Topics:

This is probably gonna have a similar reception like The Revenant.

ReplyCopy URL
    Justmimusicmon
    Participant
    Topics:

Does this have any confirmed screenings yet?

ReplyCopy URL
    M: The Original
    Participant
    Topics:

Was hoping a trailer was on the way.

ReplyCopy URL
    Eddy Q
    Participant
    Topics:

This is probably gonna have a similar reception like The Revenant.

I expect Silence’s critical averages will be higher than those of The Revenant, which had some prominent detractors. I could be wrong, though.

ReplyCopy URL
    jacob121
    Participant
    Topics:

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/10/28/silence-trailer-preview

So a trailer exists….

ReplyCopy URL
    GusCruz
    Participant
    Topics:

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/10/28/silence-trailer-preview

So a trailer exists….

Should be out next week.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 189 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.