Home Forums Movies Official TOY STORY 4 Thread (Coming June 21st, 2019)

Official TOY STORY 4 Thread (Coming June 21st, 2019)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 106 total)
Created
5 years ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
Tyler (or Pre..
thatnerdgreg
Riley Chow
  • Honey
    Participant
    Topics:

I agree. I may not think Finding Nemo is amongst Pixar’s best films, but I still think Finding Nemo is a really, really, really good movie! Finding Dory was less so, and the absolute definition of a movie that did not really need to exist, but it was still a wonderful film. Like I said before, B-tier Pixar is still pretty damn good. I would take B-tier Pixar over any Illumination films any day.

Theres no doubt that Pixar has done great work but there are other animation studios that get overlooked and make quality movies that surpass Pixar films yet don’t get the budget or coverage to even get a chance to win the Oscars and Pixar films have been diluted in quality since Toy Story 3.

ReplyCopy URL
    Tyler The Awesome Guy
    Participant
    Topics:

I do agree with that. There is a bit of an oversaturation of Disney winning Oscars, though they do exceptional stuff. I still think Kubo and the Two Strings and How To Train Your Dragon 2 deserved the Oscars more than the winners in their respective years.

May the best of your todays be the worst of your tomorrows.

ReplyCopy URL
    vinny
    Participant
    Topics:

Strongly disagree. I thought he was a total highlight. Keanu Reeves really impressed me with his great comedic timing.

Duke just seemed like a throwaway character to me….slightly amusing but more screentime could have been given to an OG toy from the first three. Like give Jessie a bigger role or something

ReplyCopy URL
    Tyler The Awesome Guy
    Participant
    Topics:

I do agree with that sentiment. The more I think about it, the more I wish the OG toys had a bigger role in the movie, especially Jessie. But I also realize that this movie really was Woody’s story so I understand why they had them in lesser roles in the movie. It sucks that this is the case though, I won’t deny that.

ReplyCopy URL
    zkrons
    Participant
    Topics:

I was taken aback with how much I loved the film. The screenplay was so deep and the voice cast was brilliant. I hope it gets a Best Picture nom, but I am not going to predict it, as many others have said.

ReplyCopy URL
    Matthew anzalone
    Participant
    Topics:

I was taken aback with how much I loved the film. The screenplay was so deep and the voice cast was brilliant. I hope it gets a Best Picture nom, but I am not going to predict it, as many others have said.

I think it will get a best adapted screenplay nomination at the oscars. But I agree with everyone, Its not getting best picture.

ReplyCopy URL
    Tyler The Awesome Guy
    Participant
    Topics:

Yeah sadly I do agree. I would LOVE for it to get a Picture nomination but I have seen a fair number of people online say that the movie was just “alright”, “okay”, or “disappointing”, far more than the mostly overwhelming praise Toy Story 3 got. I think it deserves a nomination for Best Picture just like how every film in the franchise deserved one, but I think the Oscars are basically done with nominating animated features for the big award sadly…

ReplyCopy URL
    Tyler The Awesome Guy
    Participant
    Topics:

Toy Story 4 has become the fifth movie this year to gross over $1 billion worldwide.

ReplyCopy URL
    Daniel B.
    Participant
    Topics:

I loved this movie. While the first one will always be my favourite in the franchise, Toy Story 4 is an easy and worthy runner-up, in my opinion.

Is it possible that we are all underestimating Toy Story 4’s chances at a Best Picture nomination?

While the lack of BP nomination for Inside Out isn’t promising for Toy Story 4, the last animated movie to get nominated for Best Picture was Toy Story 3. Oscar voters must love the Toy Story movies. Plus, it is one of the best-reviewed Pixar movies ever, and aside from Inside Out, the most acclaimed Pixar movie since Toy Story 3 scored a BP nomination.

At what point was it obvious that Toy Story 3 was going to get nominated for Best Picture for 2010? Precursors can be misleading when it comes to animated films in the BP race. The Golden Globes no longer nominates animated films for Best Picture.

I do think Pixar has a very good chance to return to the Screenplay category as well.

I also think Toy Story 4 has a decent shot at an Original Song nomination (“The Ballad of the Lonesome Cowboy”). It is Oscar darling Randy Newman again, and after all, this is the only category at the Oscars that EVERY Toy Story movie was nominated in.

ReplyCopy URL
    FairWeatherAffair
    Participant
    Topics:

Looking just at the films “in contention” this year, I wouldn’t laugh at a nomination in BP for this one, despite my, um, distaste for The Walt Disney Overl- ahem, Company.

ReplyCopy URL
    WildforFilm
    Participant
    Topics:

Yes, I still find this to be one of the best films released this year. The way Pixar is able to place such human themes into these “children’s” films is still unmatched by many films designed for older audiences. Toy Story 4 will really connect with older voters who have raised children and watched them grow up and leave the nest so to say. It’s about redefining yourself after you think your purpose has run its course. It’s a truly deep and moving screenplay that should be getting more attention.

ReplyCopy URL
    Cordelia
    Participant
    Topics:

I do think this is a solid film, it’s just that I prefer Toy Story 2 and 3 from the franchise and Weathering With You and Promare from 2019 animated films. It’s a good film in the realm of great films.

Forky’s arc kind of felt like a rehash of Toy Story 1’s “accept your place in the universe” conflict for Buzz, with more weird existential elements. That ending was great though, and the animation is the best Pixar’s had. I also thought the Key and Peele plushies were hilarious and had a nice contrast to the more straight-laced established characters.

That Soul trailer came out today, and the character designs in that movie are so much worse than Toy Story’s it’s almost embarrassing. Pixar is in a weird spot right now, but I’ll take the Coco/Toy Story 4/Inside Out films even if that means a few The Good Dinosaur/Incredibles II/Monsters University mediocre films.

For Your Consideration:

Best Picture: Parasite

ReplyCopy URL
    Mr. Tintin
    Participant
    Topics:

I loved this movie. While the first one will always be my favourite in the franchise, Toy Story 4 is an easy and worthy runner-up, in my opinion. Is it possible that we are all underestimating Toy Story 4’s chances at a Best Picture nomination? While the lack of BP nomination for Inside Out isn’t promising for Toy Story 4, the last animated movie to get nominated for Best Picture was Toy Story 3. Oscar voters must love the Toy Story movies. Plus, it is one of the best-reviewed Pixar movies ever, and aside from Inside Out, the most acclaimed Pixar movie since Toy Story 3 scored a BP nomination. At what point was it obvious that Toy Story 3 was going to get nominated for Best Picture for 2010? Precursors can be misleading when it comes to animated films in the BP race. The Golden Globes no longer nominates animated films for Best Picture. I do think Pixar has a very good chance to return to the Screenplay category as well. I also think Toy Story 4 has a decent shot at an Original Song nomination (“The Ballad of the Lonesome Cowboy”). It is Oscar darling Randy Newman again, and after all, this is the only category at the Oscars that EVERY Toy Story movie was nominated in.

Honestly, I doubt it’s going to happen, good as it is. I think it’s not even winning Best Animated Feature, since they’ve already rewarded the franchise via Toy Story 3 and I think the goodwill and overdueness of How To Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World and its franchise will pull through. And I thnk they only nominated the previous one because it was a revolutionary franchise that had a powerhouse ending, so doing that again would probably be repetitive in the Academy’s eyes.

Oscars 2020: I stan Joaquin Phoenix, Willem Dafoe, Alan Silvestri, and Dean Deblois.

Emmys 2020: I stan Logan Lerman, Olivia Colman, and David Harbour.

Tom Hanks and Amy Adams stan in general.

ReplyCopy URL
    babypook
    Participant
    Topics:

I havent seen as many animated films as I’d prefer but this one is hands down my favorite. That entire journey the gang took was so enjoyable to watch.

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
    Philip K Dick Blade Runner

ReplyCopy URL
    babypook
    Participant
    Topics:

Anyone else think this could help Hanks for a nom for Neighbourhood?

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
    Philip K Dick Blade Runner

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 106 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.