Home Forums Movies Official TOY STORY 4 Thread (Coming June 21st, 2019)

Official TOY STORY 4 Thread (Coming June 21st, 2019)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 8 posts - 91 through 98 (of 98 total)
Created
5 years ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
replies
views
users
Tyler [Last N..
thatnerdgreg
Riley Chow
  • Honey
    Participant
    Topics:

I agree. I may not think Finding Nemo is amongst Pixar’s best films, but I still think Finding Nemo is a really, really, really good movie! Finding Dory was less so, and the absolute definition of a movie that did not really need to exist, but it was still a wonderful film. Like I said before, B-tier Pixar is still pretty damn good. I would take B-tier Pixar over any Illumination films any day.

Theres no doubt that Pixar has done great work but there are other animation studios that get overlooked and make quality movies that surpass Pixar films yet don’t get the budget or coverage to even get a chance to win the Oscars and Pixar films have been diluted in quality since Toy Story 3.

ReplyCopy URL
    Tyler The Awesome Guy
    Participant
    Topics:

I do agree with that. There is a bit of an oversaturation of Disney winning Oscars, though they do exceptional stuff. I still think Kubo and the Two Strings and How To Train Your Dragon 2 deserved the Oscars more than the winners in their respective years.

I'm not perfect, but I keep trying.

ReplyCopy URL
    vinny
    Participant
    Topics:

Strongly disagree. I thought he was a total highlight. Keanu Reeves really impressed me with his great comedic timing.

Duke just seemed like a throwaway character to me….slightly amusing but more screentime could have been given to an OG toy from the first three. Like give Jessie a bigger role or something

ReplyCopy URL
    Tyler The Awesome Guy
    Participant
    Topics:

I do agree with that sentiment. The more I think about it, the more I wish the OG toys had a bigger role in the movie, especially Jessie. But I also realize that this movie really was Woody’s story so I understand why they had them in lesser roles in the movie. It sucks that this is the case though, I won’t deny that.

ReplyCopy URL
    zkrons
    Participant
    Topics:

I was taken aback with how much I loved the film. The screenplay was so deep and the voice cast was brilliant. I hope it gets a Best Picture nom, but I am not going to predict it, as many others have said.

ReplyCopy URL
    Matthew anzalone
    Participant
    Topics:

I was taken aback with how much I loved the film. The screenplay was so deep and the voice cast was brilliant. I hope it gets a Best Picture nom, but I am not going to predict it, as many others have said.

I think it will get a best adapted screenplay nomination at the oscars. But I agree with everyone, Its not getting best picture.

ReplyCopy URL
    Tyler The Awesome Guy
    Participant
    Topics:

Yeah sadly I do agree. I would LOVE for it to get a Picture nomination but I have seen a fair number of people online say that the movie was just “alright”, “okay”, or “disappointing”, far more than the mostly overwhelming praise Toy Story 3 got. I think it deserves a nomination for Best Picture just like how every film in the franchise deserved one, but I think the Oscars are basically done with nominating animated features for the big award sadly…

ReplyCopy URL
    Tyler The Awesome Guy
    Participant
    Topics:

Toy Story 4 has become the fifth movie this year to gross over $1 billion worldwide.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 8 posts - 91 through 98 (of 98 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.