Home Forums Movies Oscar Predictions 2020 (Part 3)

Oscar Predictions 2020 (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 286 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
54 mins ago
( +6 hidden )
replies
views
users
Hammad Asif
Matthew anzal..
ospencer
  • Hammad Asif
    Participant
    Topics:

Bold of you to assume that Bruce Dern can’t give an Oscar-worthy performance in a few short scenes.

Bruce Dern is a legend but people who have been following OUTIH as closely as I have know that it’s now confirmed that it’ll be Brad Pitt who’ll contenst as Best SA.Bruce Dern isn’t just getting nominationed for being Bruce Dern.Rick Dalton is fictional but movie will be shown from his perspective.

ReplyCopy URL
    LGr2
    Participant
    Topics:

My predictions  for the main nominees (as of March 25, 2019):

• Best Picture-A Beautiful Day in the Neighbourhood; Ford v. Ferrari; The Irishman; Little Women; Once Upon a Time in Hollywood; Rocketman; Untitled Roger Ailes Movie; Us
    • Best Director-Martin Scorsese, The Irishman; Greta Gerwig, Little Women; Quentin Tarantino, Once Upon a Time in Hollywood; Jordan Peele, Us; Richard Linklater, Where’d You Go, Bernadette?
    • Best Original Screenplay-Micah Fitzerman-Blue and Noah Harpster, A Beautiful Day in the Neighbourhood; Rian Johnson, Knives Out; Quentin Tarantino, Once Upon a Time in Hollywood; Lee Hall, Rocketman; Jordan Peele, Us
    • Best Adapted Screenplay-Peter Straughan, The Goldfinch; Steven Zaillian, The Irishman; Greta Gerwig, Little Women; Edward Norton, Motherless Brooklyn; Tracy Letts, The Woman in the Window
    • Best Actor-Tom Hanks, A Beautiful Day in the Neighbourhood; Christian Bale, Ford v. Ferrari; Joaquin Phoenix, Joker; Leonardo DiCaprio, Once Upon a Time in Hollywood; Taron Egerton, Rocketman
    • Best Actress-Saoirse Ronan, Little Women; Natalie Portman, Lucy in the Sky; Lupita Nyong’o, Us; Charlize Theron, Untitled Roger Ailes Movie; Amy Adams, The Woman in the Window
    • Best Supporting Actor-Luke Wilson, The Goldfinch; Al Pacino, The Irishman; Brad Pitt, Once Upon a Time in Hollywood; Richard Madden, Rocketman; John Lithgow, Untitled Roger Ailes Movie
    • Best Supporting Actress-Laura Dern, Little Women; Meryl Streep, Little Women; Margot Robbie, Once Upon a Time in Hollywood; Nicole Kidman, Untitled Roger Ailes Movie; Cate Blanchett, Where’d You Go, Bernadette?
    ReplyCopy URL
    The Night Fury
    Participant
    Topics:

My predicted likelihood of animated feature nominees in categories (including Animated Feature)- ranked from most likely to least likely:

How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World

Best Animated Feature (most likely) /
    Best Original Score / (very possible)
    Best Picture / (somewhat likely)
    Best Original Song (tough road to nomination) /
    Best Sound Editing/Best Sound Mixing (tough road to nomination) /
    Best Adapted Screenplay (small chance) BOTTOM

Toy Story 4

Best Animated Feature (most likely) /
    Best Picture (very possible) /
    Best Adapted Screenplay (very possible) /
    Best Original Song (very possible) /
    Best Sound Editing/Best Sound Mixing (somewhat likely) /
    Best Original Score (small chance) BOTTOM

Frozen 2

Best Animated Feature (certain) /
    Best Original Song (most likely) BOTTOM

Missing Link

Best Animated Feature (very possible) /
    Best Original Score (small chance) BOTTOM

Klaus

Best Animated Feature (very possible)

Abominable

Best Animated Feature (very possible)

The Secret Life of Pets 2

Best Animated Feature (small chance)

The Angry Birds Movie 2

Best Animated Feature (small chance)

This post will be updated and reposted as the awards season continues.

WELCOME TO UNPREDICTABILITY.

EMMYS: SEPTEMBER 22
    GLOBES: JANUARY 5, 2020
    SAGS: JANUARY 26, 2020
    ANNIES: TBD
    OSCARS: FEBRUARY 9, 2020

"Thanks for nothing, you useless reptile..." - Hiccup Horrendous Haddock III

How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World
    For Your Consideration: Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Animated Feature, Original Score (John Powell), Original Song (Together From Afar), Sound Editing, Visual Effects, Production Design

Twitter: @FILMSTHESEDAYS
    Facebook: nathan.romberg.7

ReplyCopy URL
    Xander Cassel
    Participant
    Topics:

I would kill for HTTYD to snag a Picture nod.

ReplyCopy URL
    Jaredm1
    Participant
    Topics:

I would kill for HTTYD to snag a Picture nod.

I really don’t get the hype about HTTYD!!! The first one was good but I didn’t like the second one and I don’t see how everyone loves this series and all of the praise form critics!! Explain please

ReplyCopy URL
    Mr. Tintin
    Participant
    Topics:

I really don’t get the hype about HTTYD!!! The first one was good but I didn’t like the second one and I don’t see how everyone loves this series and all of the praise form critics!! Explain please

Many people (myself included) found the animation beautiful and the storytelling to be well-made. It has tons of dark themes that only Pixar would have the guts to even consider (death of a family member, insanity, diplomacy, leadership, separation, isolation, etc.) and its storytelling is well-done and on the level of Pixar with its intelligence and its sense of humor. The animation is gorgeous and looks almost realistic, as if they filmed it in real life.

I want HTTYD 3 to get an Oscar not only for the franchise and the film’s own quality, but for Dean Deblois, who stuck with this franchise, made it his own, and gave us three beautiful films for us to enjoy. I consider the trilogy to be among the best in film history (alongside Toy Story, Star Wars OG trilogy, and Lord of the Rings). Oh, and John Powell’s score should win an Oscar as well-it was magnificent and sublime.

It’s OK if you don’t like them though. It’s all subjective.

Emmys 2019: I stan Amy Adams and Mahershala Ali.

Oscars 2020: I stan Amy Adams, Benedict Cumberbatch, Dean Deblois, and John Powell.

ReplyCopy URL
    Babygirl
    Participant
    Topics:

Don’t @ me but How To Train Your Dragon >>>> Toy Story 3. The first one should’ve won Animated Feature and Original Score tbh.

ReplyCopy URL
    Hammad Asif
    Participant
    Topics:

Anyone knows about Ford vs Ferrari.Who’s lead and supporting between Damon and Bale.

ReplyCopy URL
    Heptapod
    Participant
    Topics:

I believe Bale is lead and Damon is supporting.

ReplyCopy URL
    Ave Williams
    Participant
    Topics:

Best supporting actor

Brad pitt

Best actress

Charlize theron

Best actor

Joaquin phoenix

ReplyCopy URL
    Hammad Asif
    Participant
    Topics:

Best supporting actor

Brad pitt

Best actress

Charlize theron

Best actor

Joaquin phoenix

Can’t say about other two but Joaquin in for Best Actor made me happy

ReplyCopy URL
    Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

Anyone knows about Ford vs Ferrari.Who’s lead and supporting between Damon and Bale.

They’re definitely co-lead, but they’ll ofc push either to supporting. By the plot details it seems like Bale is supporting, but given that most major characters are family members of his character, he’s probably the lead one.

ReplyCopy URL
    Mr. Tintin
    Participant
    Topics:

They’re definitely co-lead, but they’ll ofc push either to supporting. By the plot details it seems like Bale is supporting, but given that most major characters are family members of his character, he’s probably the lead one.

I think Bale’s character dies in the movie, so I think Damon is lead and Bale is supporting. I could be wrong, though.

Emmys 2019: I stan Amy Adams and Mahershala Ali.

Oscars 2020: I stan Amy Adams, Benedict Cumberbatch, Dean Deblois, and John Powell.

ReplyCopy URL
    LGr2
    Participant
    Topics:

I think Bale’s character dies in the movie, so I think Damon is lead and Bale is supporting. I could be wrong, though.

You’re right-Ken Miles (Bale’s character) died in a crash during testing of the Ford J-car in August 1966, two months after the ’66 Le Mans (which the bulk of the film is revolving around).

He could still be the lead, and his death is mentioned at the end before the credits. Or, the film might move up his death for dramatic effect.

ReplyCopy URL
    Hammad Asif
    Participant
    Topics:

This is totally irrelevant but there was an account named “O Hara” which used to be most active here on GD prior to Oscar2019.Anyone know what happened to that person,why that account totally disappeared so suddenly.#JustCurious

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 1 day ago by  Hammad Asif.
    • This reply was modified 3 weeks, 1 day ago by  Hammad Asif.
    ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 286 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.