Home Forums Movies Oscar Predictions 2020 (Part 3)

Oscar Predictions 2020 (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 471 total)
Created
9 months ago
Last Reply
7 months ago
( +30 hidden )
replies
views
users
EsOS
Matthew anzal..
Hammad Asif
  • Xander Cassel
    Participant
    Topics:

I would kill for HTTYD to snag a Picture nod.

JDM
    Participant
    Topics:

I would kill for HTTYD to snag a Picture nod.

I really don’t get the hype about HTTYD!!! The first one was good but I didn’t like the second one and I don’t see how everyone loves this series and all of the praise form critics!! Explain please

Mr. Tintin
    Participant
    Topics:

I really don’t get the hype about HTTYD!!! The first one was good but I didn’t like the second one and I don’t see how everyone loves this series and all of the praise form critics!! Explain please

Many people (myself included) found the animation beautiful and the storytelling to be well-made. It has tons of dark themes that only Pixar would have the guts to even consider (death of a family member, insanity, diplomacy, leadership, separation, isolation, etc.) and its storytelling is well-done and on the level of Pixar with its intelligence and its sense of humor. The animation is gorgeous and looks almost realistic, as if they filmed it in real life.

I want HTTYD 3 to get an Oscar not only for the franchise and the film’s own quality, but for Dean Deblois, who stuck with this franchise, made it his own, and gave us three beautiful films for us to enjoy. I consider the trilogy to be among the best in film history (alongside Toy Story, Star Wars OG trilogy, and Lord of the Rings). Oh, and John Powell’s score should win an Oscar as well-it was magnificent and sublime.

It’s OK if you don’t like them though. It’s all subjective.

Oscars 2020: I stan Joaquin Phoenix, Willem Dafoe, Alan Silvestri, and Dean Deblois.

Emmys 2020: I stan Logan Lerman, Olivia Colman, and David Harbour.

Tom Hanks and Amy Adams stan in general.

Babygirl
    Participant
    Topics:

Don’t @ me but How To Train Your Dragon >>>> Toy Story 3. The first one should’ve won Animated Feature and Original Score tbh.

Hammad Asif
    Participant
    Topics:

Anyone knows about Ford vs Ferrari.Who’s lead and supporting between Damon and Bale.

Kubrick-Scorsese-Nolan-Coens-PTA-Fincher-Hitchock-Spike Lee-Tarantino
    19yr old Film School Student

Heptapod
    Participant
    Topics:

I believe Bale is lead and Damon is supporting.

Ave Williams
    Participant
    Topics:

Best supporting actor

Brad pitt

Best actress

Charlize theron

Best actor

Joaquin phoenix

Hammad Asif
    Participant
    Topics:

Best supporting actor

Brad pitt

Best actress

Charlize theron

Best actor

Joaquin phoenix

Can’t say about other two but Joaquin in for Best Actor made me happy

Anonymous
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Mr. Tintin
    Participant
    Topics:

They’re definitely co-lead, but they’ll ofc push either to supporting. By the plot details it seems like Bale is supporting, but given that most major characters are family members of his character, he’s probably the lead one.

I think Bale’s character dies in the movie, so I think Damon is lead and Bale is supporting. I could be wrong, though.

Oscars 2020: I stan Joaquin Phoenix, Willem Dafoe, Alan Silvestri, and Dean Deblois.

Emmys 2020: I stan Logan Lerman, Olivia Colman, and David Harbour.

Tom Hanks and Amy Adams stan in general.

LGr2
    Participant
    Topics:

I think Bale’s character dies in the movie, so I think Damon is lead and Bale is supporting. I could be wrong, though.

You’re right-Ken Miles (Bale’s character) died in a crash during testing of the Ford J-car in August 1966, two months after the ’66 Le Mans (which the bulk of the film is revolving around).

He could still be the lead, and his death is mentioned at the end before the credits. Or, the film might move up his death for dramatic effect.

Hammad Asif
    Participant
    Topics:

This is totally irrelevant but there was an account named “O Hara” which used to be most active here on GD prior to Oscar2019.Anyone know what happened to that person,why that account totally disappeared so suddenly.#JustCurious

• This reply was modified 8 months, 2 weeks ago by  Hammad Asif.
    • This reply was modified 8 months, 2 weeks ago by  Hammad Asif.

JDM
    Participant
    Topics:

This is totally irrelevant but there was an account named “O Hara” which used to be most active here on GD prior to Oscar2019.Anyone know what happened to that person,why that account totally disappeared so suddenly.#JustCurious

He was sadly banned for calling someone a cunt, it was well deserved though! Don’t know why he hasn’t made another account cause he was one of my favorite members on here! If you are reading this please come back cause we need your classic clap backs😂

JDM
    Participant
    Topics:

I just listened to the score for Us and I can declare that that is really the only lock for nominations! Anyone else?

EsOS
    Spectator
    Topics:

I just listened to the score for Us and I can declare that that is really the only lock for nominations! Anyone else?

I’d love to agree, but they did snub First Man. Nothing is a lock in the technical categories.

• This reply was modified 8 months, 2 weeks ago by  EsOS.
    • This reply was modified 8 months, 2 weeks ago by  EsOS.

Banned for making a fake movie poster

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 471 total)

The topic ‘Oscar Predictions 2020 (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.