Home Forums Movies Oscar Predictions 2020 (Part 3)

Oscar Predictions 2020 (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 471 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
( +30 hidden )
replies
views
users
EsOS
Matthew anzal..
Hammad Asif
  • EsOS
    Participant
    Topics:

So was Toni Collette and her movie last year, yet she was left out the nominations. This Akwafina isn’t interesting at all.

pretty sure you haven’t seen the film and neither did I so I will end this beyond pointless argument

GIVE LENA HEADEY HER EMMY

Mickmack
    Participant
    Topics:

pretty sure you haven’t seen the film and neither did I so I will end this beyond pointless argument

You watched Hereditary, its critical reception and becoming a24’s biggest movie. What happened to Collette at the Oscars? Melissa McCarthy got nominated over her in a movie nobody saw.

EsOS
    Participant
    Topics:

You watched Hereditary, its critical reception and becoming a24’s biggest movie. What happened to Collette at the Oscars? Melissa McCarthy got nominated over her in a movie nobody saw.

Why are we comparing Hereditary to the Farewell? One was a horror movie and the other is a dramedy about a family visiting their dying grandmother. Both films share nothing in common except for their distributor and their critical reception. You’re basically saying that every A24 film that gets good reviews will get snubbed?

markwahlbird
    Participant
    Topics:

Does Lisa Kudrow have any chance of a nomination for Booksmart

She’s in two scenes, maybe a total of 5 minutes screentime. Not a chance.

Matthew anzalone
    Participant
    Topics:

Does Lisa Kudrow have any chance of a nomination for Booksmart

A golden globe nomination is possible, But an oscar nomination is out of reach.

Igor Alves
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t know if it’s been said yet, but Lucy in the Sky is scheduled for September 20th.

What’s the source pls?

• This reply was modified 4 months ago by  Igor Alves.
    Igor Alves
    Participant
    Topics:

Nothing ever will… which is sad cause both him and Kristen are SO talented. They’re seen as downright bad actors when they’ve actually been giving incredible performances the past few years. Look how sad this is: https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Kristen%20Stewart

I think she’ll get nominated this year for Against All Enemies, her role is quite baity.

I know people are expecting the worst but I actually heard great things about Charlie’s Angels and her performance in it, also heard positive stuff about Underwater. This has potential to be a big mainstream year for her.

kellis
    Participant
    Topics:

What’s the source pls?

I looked it up because I couldn’t remember and apparently someone just added it to the Wikipedia page without a source. How embarrassing of me. Just ignore the false hope I gave lol.

Igor Alves
    Participant
    Topics:

I thought that was funny. She’s not necessarily a great actress, but she’s not that bad either. I would not have nominated her for any of her performances.

She’s fine in Still Alice. But in films like Speak, The Cake Eaters, Clouds of Sils Maria, Personal Shopper she’s truly great and nom worthy.

She’s still underrated, but I am sure she’ll ultimately end up proving herself as a great actress for good, in a few years we won’t be having this kind of discussion anymore. Mark my words and just wait later this year for Against All Enemies, Charlie’s Angels and Underwater and you’ll be converted.

IsabelaRooney
    Participant
    Topics:

Judy will likely be this season’s Jackie.

I doubt that this movie will be good as Jackie was or that Renee will receive the same acclaim that Natalie received. It will be at most My Week with Marylin from this award season, a lifetime movie with an overrated performance.

EsOS
    Participant
    Topics:

I think she’ll get nominated this year for Against All Enemies, her role is quite baity. I know people are expecting the worst but I actually heard great things about Charlie’s Angels and her performance in it, also heard positive stuff about Underwater. This has potential to be a big mainstream year for her.

I also have her in my predictions for this year. I still don’t think the general public will forgive her for Twilight, no matter how good she is

Matthew anzalone
    Participant
    Topics:

Current best actress predictions

1. Amy adams (the woman in the window)
    2. Cynthia erivo (harriet)
    3. Saiorse ronan (little woman)
    4. Alfre woodard (clemency)
    5. Renee zellweger (judy)
    Joe Burns
    Participant
    Topics:

The Judy trailer didn’t look that good to me but Renee being back at the Oscars would be a good thing to see.

Igor Alves
    Participant
    Topics:

Reneé isn’t happening.

Caelin Cripps
    Participant
    Topics:

Jojo Rabbit lands an release date of October 18th. Looks like it’s officially time to add it to your predictions folks.

Harriet is also being released on November 1st and Amazon’s Honey Boy is coming out on November 18th.

Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 471 total)

The topic ‘Oscar Predictions 2020 (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.