Home Forums Movies Oscar Predictions 2020 (Part 3)

Oscar Predictions 2020 (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 471 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
( +30 hidden )
replies
views
users
EsOS
Matthew anzal..
Hammad Asif
  • Mickmack
    Participant
    Topics:

Jojo Rabbit lands an release date of October 18th. Looks like it’s officially time to add it to your predictions folks. Harriet is also being released on November 1st and Amazon’s Honey Boy is coming out on November 18th.

Will a hitler joke movie do well during awards season? I dont buy it. Kasi is unproven, could drop the ball with Harriet

kellis
    Participant
    Topics:

Hunties, Midsommar’s official trailer is out and it looks like Pugh is going to snatch up some critic/indie awards. Also, from what I’ve heard, the screenplay is gorier/scarier than Hereditary, while Pugh gets less-exaggerated (I guess that’s how you would put it) material than Collette.

OneAndOnlyMe.
    Participant
    Topics:

The Aeronauts will release Nov. 1.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/amazons-aeronauts-sets-imax-run-1210530

Matthew anzalone
    Participant
    Topics:

Im sorry but im not on board with jojo rabbit. Im just not sold on it.

I have hopes for Harriet. And im most curious about honey boy(hope its good.)

Noah Arlington
    Participant
    Topics:

Im sorry but im not on board with jojo rabbit. Im just not sold on it. 

Lowkey same

kellis
    Participant
    Topics:

Bump.

Rocketman received a standing ovation at Cannes and is currently at a 90% on RT (with 29 reviews) and a 70 Metacritic. They really should’ve just released it in the Fall instead of next week, but I’m sure Edgerton will still get a Globe nom.

Nikolaj Coster-Waldau’s thriller, The Silencing is also being shopped to buyers at Cannes (though the director’s past films doesn’t look that promising), and Wright will personally be doing the same for Land.

Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Participant
    Topics:

Kasi is unproven, could drop the ball with Harriet.

Just with the Academy, not artistically. Eve’s Bayou is a cinematic masterpiece, Talk to Me is a fantastic biopic and Black Nativity was good for what it was (a ensemble Christmas film).

EsOS
    Participant
    Topics:

Taron Edgerton is absolutely getting that globe nom but is he actually getting in at the Oscars?

GIVE LENA HEADEY HER EMMY

OneAndOnlyMe.
    Participant
    Topics:

Taron Edgerton is absolutely getting that globe nom but is he actually getting in at the Oscars?

I doubt it and it has nothing to do with the performance. I think the May release and the fact that Bohemian Rhapsody/Rami Malek being so soon will not help. But yes, a GG nomination is very likely.

OneAndOnlyMe.
    Participant
    Topics:

Yeah, random guess at Best Actor this year:

• Leonardo DiCaprio, Once Upon A Time in Hollywood
    • Christian Bale, Ford vs Ferrari
    • Robert De Niro, The Irishman
    • Matthew Rhys, A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood
    • Micheal B. Jordan, Just Mercy
    • ALT1: Joaquin Phoenix, Joker
    • ALT2: Jonathan Pryce, The Pope
    • ALT3: Adam Driver, The Report
    OneAndOnlyMe.
    Participant
    Topics:

So, OUATIH is definitely getting some nominations after Cannes premiere. But can I add that Downtown Abbey looks great!

Caelin Cripps
    Participant
    Topics:

So, OUATIH is definitely getting some nominations after Cannes premiere. But can I add that Downtown Abbey looks great!

Picture, Director, Actor, Supp Actor, Supp Actress, Original Screenplay, Editing, Cinematography just to name a few already

LGr2
    Participant
    Topics:

Picture, Director, Actor, Supp Actor, Supp Actress, Original Screenplay, Editing, Cinematography just to name a few already

I think it’s definitely going to get nominations for Costume Design and Production Design.

LiberianGirl12
    Participant
    Topics:

Yeah, random guess at Best Actor this year:

• Leonardo DiCaprio, Once Upon A Time in Hollywood
    • Robert De Niro, The Irishman
    • ALT1: Joaquin Phoenix, Joker

These 3 I am quite confident in predicting. Well, as confident as you can be considering it’s May.

DiCaprio is getting great reviews and OUATIH will very likely make a good amount of money over the summer, retaining buzz till awards season.

De Niro’s is just destined to shine in the type of role he will have in The Irishman and it’s Netflix’s top contender so they will push it hard.

Phoenix’s performance looks epic in the trailer, which has already created a lot of buzz for the movie. It has a good release date and will make a shit ton of money.

I feel Egerton might make it in too, because his is the type of performance the Oscars love and they will probably want him and Elton performing together during the ceremony a la Queen this year (Best Original Song is a lock for Rocketman IMO). But he definitely won’t win so close after Malek.

EsOS
    Participant
    Topics:

Rocketman won’t make huge B.O number like BR did. It’s projected to open to around 25 million and I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s even lower than that.

GIVE LENA HEADEY HER EMMY

Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 471 total)

The topic ‘Oscar Predictions 2020 (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.