Home Forums Movies Oscar Predictions 2020 (Part 3)

Oscar Predictions 2020 (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 471 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
( +30 hidden )
replies
views
users
ospencer
Matthew anzal..
Hammad Asif
  • Mickmack
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m curious what is the link between Mary Queen of Scotts and Little Women? Just because a film with Saoirse Ronan flopped doesn’t mean everything she does will flop as well. The cast is stacked, it’s a beloved story, the director is great… it’s not delusional to predict it will do well with the Academy.

The cast is stacked I agree but Widows was stacked too for Davis and there is nothing orignal about this role.  There was literally a Little Women movie that came out last year. I think the critics will be tired of the story. I wouldn’t call Gerwig a great director quite yet. The second film says more about a director I think. Let’s see how she does.

Matthew anzalone
    Participant
    Topics:

The full toy story 4 trailer came out today. Its definitely not a best picture contender like I thought it would be. I see an best animated film and best adapted screenplay nomination in its future.

vinny
    Participant
    Topics:

The full toy story 4 trailer came out today. Its definitely not a best picture contender like I thought it would be. I see an best animated film and best adapted screenplay nomination in its future.

I already feel like Bo Peep is going to be the villian in that. And I hope I am wrong.

kellis
    Participant
    Topics:

I already feel like Bo Peep is going to be the villian in that. And I hope I am wrong.

Past Toy Story villains: spent too much time away from their owners and turned into total psychopaths.

Bo Peep: spent too much time away from her owner…I feel like I’ve watched the movie now lol.

Edit: Also, why is Slappy from Goosebumps in this lol?

FairWeatherAffair
    Participant
    Topics:

I wouldn’t call Gerwig a great director quite yet. The second film says more about a director I think. Let’s see how she does.

Lady Bird was her second film.

vinny
    Participant
    Topics:

Past Toy Story villains: spent too much time away from their owners and turned into total psychopaths.

Bo Peep: spent too much time away from her owner…I feel like I’ve watched the movie now lol

Edit: Also, why is Slappy from Goosebumps in this lol?

S

Tyler
    Participant
    Topics:

Kudos to Natalie Portman for deciding to work on artistic and different films rather than obviously baity ones. From the trailer her performance looks phenom per usual, but I have a feeling it’ll lack visibility.

Mr. Tintin
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t think the quality of The Woman in the Window will matter as much as we think for Amy Adams. Bohemian Rhapsody got mediocre reviews, yet Rami Malek managed to win for his portrayal. Meryl Streep won for The Iron Lady, which got mixed reviews. I think Amy will win as long as the film gets attention from the awards ceremonies and good buzz from the audience.

I think, though, that the film will be good. It’s got a packed cast (Amy, Julianne Moore, Gary Oldman, Anthony Mackie, etc) and when Joe Wright hits, he hits hard. Also, I remember people saying that A Simple Favor, another thriller, was also trash, but the film got a lot of decent reviews. I think Amy’s got this Oscar.

#AmyAdamsforBestActressOscar2020

#BenedictCumberbatchforBestActorOscar2020

#HowToTrainYourDragonTheHiddenWorldforBestAnimatedFeatureOscar2020

Emmys 2019: I stan Amy Adams, Mahershala Ali, and Jason Bateman.

Oscars 2020: I stan Amy Adams, Benedict Cumberbatch, Dean Deblois, and John Powell.

M: The Original
    Participant
    Topics:

Kudos to Natalie Portman for deciding to work on artistic and different films rather than obviously baity ones. From the trailer her performance looks phenom per usual, but I have a feeling it’ll lack visibility.

Fox Searchlight backing all of her previous Best Actress nods helps her with the visibility part.

Matthew anzalone
    Participant
    Topics:

Im starting to think the lion king could end up being nominated for best picture. it could pull an mad max fury road(only getting technical nominations and best picture). if this years award season taught me something is that anything can happen

Blanche
    Participant
    Topics:

Im starting to think the lion king could end up being nominated for best picture. it could pull an mad max fury road(only getting technical nominations and best picture). if this years award season taught me something is that anything can happen

Mad Max sweetie….

Heptapod
    Participant
    Topics:

BEST PICTURE
    A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood
    Fair and Balanced
    Harriet
    The Irishman
    The Last Thing He Wanted (winner)
    The Laundromat
    Little Women
    Once Upon a Time in Hollywood

BEST DIRECTOR
    Greta Gerwig – Little Women
    Kasi Lemmons – Harriet
    Dee Rees – The Last Thing He Wanted (winner)
    Martin Scorsese – The Irishman
    Quentin Tarantino – Once Upon a Time in Hollywood

BEST ACTRESS
    Amy Adams – The Woman in the Window
    Cynthia Erivo – Harriet (winner)
    Anne Hathaway – The Last Thing He Wanted
    Saoirse Ronan – Little Women
    Charlize Theron – Fair and Balanced

BEST ACTOR
    Timothée Chalamet – The King (winner)
    Robert De Niro – The Irishman
    Leonardo DiCaprio – Once Upon a Time in Hollywood
    Gary Oldman – The Laundromat
    Matthew Rhys – A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood

BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS
    Annette Bening – The Report
    Laura Dern – Little Women
    Janelle Monáe – Harriet
    Margot Robbie – Once Upon a Time in Hollywood (winner)
    Meryl Streep – The Laundromat

BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR
    Willem Dafoe – The Last Thing He Wanted (winner)
    Tom Hanks – A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood
    John Lithgow – Fair and Balanced
    Al Pacino – The Irishman
    Brad Pitt – Once Upon a Time in Hollywood

BEST ADAPTED SCREENPLAY
    A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood
    The Goldfinch
    The Irishman
    The Last Thing He Wanted
    Little Women (winner)

BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY
    Fair and Balanced (winner)
    The Farewell
    Harriet
    The Laundromat
    Once Upon a Time in Hollywood

• This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by  Heptapod.
    • This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by  Heptapod.
    Matthew anzalone
    Participant
    Topics:

Mad Max sweetie….

Ok. Maybe thats the wrong example. Yeah I kinda realize how crazy that sounded. But I still the lion king could get a bunch of technical nominations(Visual effects, the Sound categories, Score, ect.) and could pull an best picture nomination.

Foolio
    Participant
    Topics:

Ok. Maybe thats the wrong example. Yeah I kinda realize how crazy that sounded. But I still the lion king could get a bunch of technical nominations(Visual effects, the Sound categories, Score, ect.) and could pull an best picture nomination.

With Jon Favreau directing, I’m doubtful about The Lion King’s Best Picture chances. A handful of indies aside, he mostly helms genre movies that can get below-the-line nominations but so far hasn’t shown the kind of directorial vision that would traditionally walk a movie to a Best Picture nod. I would be more optimistic with an auter like Ava DuVernay or Sam Mendes.

Then again, Bohemian Rhapsody was nominated so what do I know.

Matthew anzalone
    Participant
    Topics:

Trailer for OUATIH is here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvjeZt1fyIg

Looks great. My thinking of putting it in comedy at the globes might pay off.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 471 total)

The topic ‘Oscar Predictions 2020 (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.