Home Forums Movies Oscar Predictions 2020 (Part 3)

Oscar Predictions 2020 (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 471 total)
Created
7 months ago
Last Reply
5 months ago
( +30 hidden )
replies
views
users
EsOS
Matthew anzal..
Hammad Asif
  • Matthew anzalone
    Participant
    Topics:

I agree, the guy will need a serious awards campaign. The fact that Malek successfully swept last year will hurt his chances, his movie is not going to be a hit and Leo seems destined to go comedy at the GG. I believe he would have get some buzz from a GG win, but Leo is like winning that award effortlessly.

Totally with you. Leo has the globe all locked up. Besides Leo and Taron(rocketman), its not clear who else would even be nominated in that category. Taron would had to settle for a globe nomination and performing at the oscars(Rocketman will be for sure be nominated for best song).

LiberianGirl12
    Participant
    Topics:

Taron would had to settle for a globe nomination and performing at the oscars(Rocketman will be for sure be nominated for best song).

That would already be a success for him, though, since his last film was one of the worst bombs of 2018 and let’s face it, he never had much critical acclaim before either. But I agree, it will be tough for Egerton to get an Oscar nom, but GG and BAFTA will love it at least.

That said I think Rocketman will be a success. Obviously not BR numbers, but then again Paramount never hoped for that anyway given they authorised an R-Rated movie. All things considered, it will do well though. I am seeing it tonight actually, so can share my thoughts on it tomorrow.

estrelasdealgeruz
    Participant
    Topics:

Totally with you. Leo has the globe all locked up. Besides Leo and Taron(rocketman), its not clear who else would even be nominated in that category. Taron would had to settle for a globe nomination and performing at the oscars(Rocketman will be for sure be nominated for best song).

Rocketman was released years before this movie. If I’m not mistaken the song was released in the 70’s. How in the hell is it going to be nominated for original song?!

Matthew anzalone
    Participant
    Topics:

Rocketman was released years before this movie. If I’m not mistaken the song was released in the 70’s. How in the hell is it going to be nominated for original song?!

Elton john has written new music for the film. I was referring to the film not the song.

LiberianGirl12
    Participant
    Topics:

Elton John and Taron Egerton recorded a new song titled ‘(I’m Gonna) Love Me Again’ which will be released as part of the soundtrack. The song was written by Elton John and Bernie Taupin.

At the very least, Rocketman will get into Original Song, Best Costumes and possibly Sound I think.

estrelasdealgeruz
    Participant
    Topics:

Elton john has written new music for the film. I was referring to the film not the song.

Sorry. My bad.

BenitoDelicias
    Participant
    Topics:

I think people need to remember that there was a time when: “no way in hell is Rami Malek getting anywhere near the Oscars”. And that was much closer to the Oscars than May.

So, “wait and see” is something I would recommend. I know it’s not Queen, but it’s still Elton John, so you know…wait and see.

OneAndOnlyMe.
    Participant
    Topics:

Speechless from Aladdin is definitely making it in for Song.

EsOS
    Participant
    Topics:

I think people need to remember that there was a time when: “no way in hell is Rami Malek getting anywhere near the Oscars”. And that was much closer to the Oscars than May.

I have PTSD

JGibson
    Participant
    Topics:

About Malek, his movie was released in november I believe and he has had an instant Oscar buzz, though no one was betting on him. Even when we heard that he was going Drama, we assumed that it was Cooper vs Bale.

Good times they were

Dennis El Mar
    Participant
    Topics:

Wait so did they officially say that OUATIH is going Comedy at the Globes?

Matthew anzalone
    Participant
    Topics:

Wait so did they officially say that OUATIH is going Comedy at the Globes?

No but it would make sense for sony to push it into comedy since there other two award contentions(Little woman and A beautiful day in the neighborhood) are more straigt forward dramas and to advoid competition with its self. Also the trailers make it seem like OUATIH have more comedic tones than his past works.

EsOS
    Participant
    Topics:

When I think about it, the GG really screwed ASIB. I mean BoRh best drama? Seriously what the heck was that!

We should all erase last year’s golden globes from our memories.

Matthew anzalone
    Participant
    Topics:

We should all erase last year’s golden globes from our memories.

Even on tv side, They were wacky and out of control. Dont worry HFPA, this year you can have redemption.

kellis
    Participant
    Topics:

All these mentions of BR and the Globes are bringing back the trauma. Not to be dramatic, but they better pick the winners better than ever before to make up for it because, otherwise, I’ll have two cases too many of PTSD to not get a psychiatrist.

“No user starts this shady” - someone culturally relevant.

Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 471 total)

The topic ‘Oscar Predictions 2020 (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.