Home Forums Movies Oscars 2018 Nominations Predictions (Part 7)

Oscars 2018 Nominations Predictions (Part 7)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 599 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +14 hidden )
replies
views
users
Miles
CitizenBlake
Teridax
  • jasonface
    Participant
    Topics:

Due to the Oscar rule, Sally Hawkins is forced to pick between two roles, “The Shape of Water” and “Maudie”. Opinions?

Hm, disabled cleaning lady in love with a fisherman or disabled cleaning lady in love with a fish? Tough decision.

FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

I went through all of the categories and wrote down all the potential nominees that had odds less than 100-1. There were some surpirse and one huge disappointment that I hope is corrected by the academy. If there were no surprises and the nominations came out exactly as they are indicated on goldderby The Shape of Water would lead with 12 nominations, followed by Dunkirk with 10 nominations. I think TSofW will not do that well. I am shocked that it is in the #1 slot for Production Design. I don’t think it’s ugly production designs will even be nominated at all. I could be wrong but the fun is in predicting. I also do not believe that The Shape of Water will get a Costume Design nomination. I don’t believe Richard Jenkins and Octavia Spencer will get nominations – so I am predicting it gets 8 nominations.

I think the biggest surprises on nominations day will be in Adapted Screenplay. For me Call Me By Your Name is the only lock and the other 7 films with odds less than 100-1 all could be left off the list – not saying they will but I think this is the most fluid category with the potential for the most surprises.

The biggest disappointment is that a film I give a grade of A+ is only a frontrunner for Best Supporting Actor and is a potential BP nominee; I truly hope the academy surprises and Sean Baker gets a Best Director nomination, and nominations for it’s Screenplay, Cinematography, Film Editing, and Supporting Actress for Bria Vinaite.

Atypical
    Participant
    Topics:

Due to the Oscar rule, Sally Hawkins is forced to pick between two roles, “The Shape of Water” and “Maudie”. Opinions?

“The Shape of Water” is going to be the major Oscar player, so that role for Hawkins.

kancov
    Participant
    Topics:

Do you think that the comedic layer of a movie can hurt it at the Oscars?

Aint2Proud2Beg
    Participant
    Topics:

Why do people keep mentioning Woody Harrelson? He was the same as ever in 3B plus his screen time was limited and it was Rockwell who had the better role. Harrelson missed the boat this year with The Glass Castle, which was his ticket to the Oscars. Right now its between Rockwell, Hammer and Shannon.

GusCruz
    Participant
    Topics:

HELLO CHRIS.

I HAVE ASKED YOU ABOUT THIS THREE TIMES. MAYBE IN ALL CAPS YOU WILL SEE IT.

CAN YOU PLEASE ADD “THE PURE AND THE DAMNED” BY IGGY POP FROM THE FILM GOOD TIME TO ORIGINAL SONG IN THE PREDICTIONS CENTER?

THANKS!!!

Believe it or not, still nothing’s happened!

Is there something more specific I could do to get this damn song added, would anyone know?

Hunter-ish
    Participant
    Topics:

HELLO CHRIS.

CAN YOU PLEASE ADD “THE PURE AND THE DAMNED” BY IGGY POP FROM THE FILM GOOD TIME TO ORIGINAL SONG IN THE PREDICTIONS CENTER?

THANKS!!!

Is there something more specific I could do to get this damn song added, would anyone know?

You saw me with The Jungle Book last year man. You just gotta wait.

Eddy Q
    Participant
    Topics:

HELLO CHRIS.

THANKS!!!

Sooner or later the music branch will list all eligible songs and then I expect all of them will have to be added.

CitizenBlake
    Participant
    Topics:

Do you think that the comedic layer of a movie can hurt it at the Oscars?

I think not. The Oscars have been more inclusive of comedies now than ever before it seems.

Elazul
    Participant
    Topics:
    Participant
    Topics:

Sooner or later the music branch will list all eligible songs and then I expect all of them will have to be added.

I hope so, but it could retaliation too for my insistent comments

Anonymous
    Topics:

Sally Hawkins is going to be this year’s Amy Adams. I wanted her to win so badly but I see Americans do not care about Mike Leigh ladies. At all. This time I’m leaving threads concerning Oscar race for good (till this awards season is over).

Bye bye Sally’s Oscar win…

kruczynskicleme
    Participant
    Topics:

This is Kate Winslet’s year. She has two powerful performances: “The Mountain Between Us” and “Wonder Wheel”, the film that may earn her that second statuette. I really have 2008 vibes! You guys are underrating the real frontrunner. The world owes her a second Oscar.

Borja Lopez
    Participant
    Topics:

This is Kate Winslet’s year. She has two powerful performances: “The Mountain Between Us” and “Wonder Wheel”, the film that may earn her that second statuette. I really have 2008 vibes! You guys are underrating the real frontrunner. The world owes her a second Oscar.

M
    Participant
    Topics:

Sally Hawkins is going to be this year’s Amy Adams. I wanted her to win so badly but I see Americans do not care about Mike Leigh ladies. At all. This time I’m leaving threads concerning Oscar race for good (till this awards season is over).

Bye bye Sally’s Oscar win…

To be honest she initially felt win worthy from the green band trailer.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 599 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2018 Nominations Predictions (Part 7)’ is closed to new replies.