Home Forums Movies Oscars 2018 Nominations Predictions (Part 7)

Oscars 2018 Nominations Predictions (Part 7)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 599 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
12 months ago
( +14 hidden )
replies
views
users
Miles
CitizenBlake
Diet Teridax
  • Diet Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

Oldman ain’t “cancelled” until he loses at SAG. ‘Til then, he remains the front-runner, in part because Chalamet is no more clear an alternative than Hanks or Franco.

For the finest in film reviews and awards analysis, please visit me at The Awards Connection!

Chalamet isn’t merely a clear “alternative,” he is the clear frontrunner by this point.

Note to myself: Don’t ever feed the trolls. Don’t get involved in others drama. Don’t let myself be swayed by others predictions, trust my gut more often!

Note to all others: If you don’t happen to like me, ignore me. It is that simple.

Gabriel Guarin
    Participant
    Topics:

Says who, other than you?

FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

This question is for anyone who has already seen I, Tonya: is the film editing strong enough to get an Oscar nomination? I currently don’t have it in my predictions, but it was the first runner-up at LAFC today and now I am wondering…. it doesn’t look like the film will be released where I live until January so I can’t see for myself if it is worthy ):

Tyler The Awesome Guy
    Participant
    Topics:

I have a feeling Chalamet will get snubbed by Globes. SAG loves young actors so we will probably be fine there, but Globes… I don’t see it.

FYC: Ready Player One. Sound Editing, Sound Mixing, Visual Effects, Original Score, Production Design, Director and BEST PICTURE (make it happen Oscars!!)

pacinofan
    Participant
    Topics:

They are not going to snub the most acclaimed performance of the year. Especially when they have ten best actor slots to fill.

Honey
    Participant
    Topics:

I have a feeling Chalamet will get snubbed by Globes. SAG loves young actors so we will probably be fine there, but Globes… I don’t see it.

who’s we?

Cinephile
    Participant
    Topics:

there’s no surprise here. Chalamet was always gonna sweep the critics awards. Oldman has more of the industry support, not because he gives the “best performance” but because he’s overdue and his contribution to film. I see Chalamet winning the GG but Oldman is going to win the SAG. It’ll be interesting if Chalamet can win over the industry, he’s a male ingenue which is incredibly rare but Oldman’s overdue oscar narrative is quite obvious .

As much as I want Chalamet to win the oscar, it’s still a tight race between Oldman and him. Oldman is a fool for not campaigning hard because Chalamet is working it hard on the awards circuit and gaining more and more momentum, oldman better be sweating because a 21yr old is about to steal the oscar

Gabriel Guarin
    Participant
    Topics:

Gary Oldman will win the Golden Globe.

roger88
    Participant
    Topics:

Gary Oldman will win the Golden Globe.

The feud between him and the HFPA is still ongoing, and they have grudge with their detractors. Just ask Robert De Niro. Beside, from AW, people have published tweets from certain HFPA voters adoring Chalamet and Franco performances but not Oldman.

Gabriel Guarin
    Participant
    Topics:

They want to be on the winning team, so they might overlook their feud at least for this.

Cinephile
    Participant
    Topics:

They want to be on the winning team, so they might overlook their feud at least for this.

hmmm I guess we’ll see because what Oldman said about HFPA was pretty inflammatory:

I know it certainly doesn’t mean anything to win a Golden Globe, that’s for sure. It’s a meaningless event. The Hollywood Foreign Press Association is kidding you that something’s happening. They’re fucking ridiculous. There’s nothing going on at all. It’s 90 nobodies having a wank. Everybody’s getting drunk, and everybody’s sucking up to everybody. Boycott the fucking thing.

if he thinks the GG is joke let’s hope they give the award someone who actually appreciates it

sofan
    Participant
    Topics:

Some of you all are either really, really stupid or really, really good trolls. Seriously, not predicting Christopher Nolan because he hasn’t seen any precursor love yet while still predicting Gary Oldman despite him having the same number of precursor awards, which is zero.

Nolan is more overdue than Oldman and that is a fact. His movie sits as the #3 movie of the year (shared with Lady Bird and A Fantastic Woman both of which have less reviews), did a whopping 500m $ around the world and he is actually campaigning. The studio is even bringing back the film to the theaters for Academy voters. And his movie is actually as Oscar-bait as it gets for directors. I don’t understand the thought process behind the prediction that he might get snubbed somehow??

sofan
    Participant
    Topics:

Well, it’s true. Oldman is overdue, just like how DiCaprio was overdue.

DiCaprio had 5 prior nominations to back that narrative. Oldman’s one nomination is anything but supportive of that argument. If anything it shows how little the industry cares about awarding him.

sofan
    Participant
    Topics:

hmmm I guess we’ll see because what Oldman said about HFPA was pretty inflammatory:

if he thinks the GG is joke let’s hope they give the award someone who actually appreciates it

Oh they will. They dropped Spacey the year after he won for House of Cards because he did something to them. Then went to award Robin Wright the year they dropped him. They are very petty and nominating/awarding Oldman just because he is the frontrunner (spoiler alert: He is not!) would seem like backpedaling on their part and give the message of “you can say shit about us anytime you like we’ll hate you for it but eventually we’ll award you the next time you are deemed a frontrunner by pundits b/c all we care about is predicting the Oscars” which is something I think they would like to avoid.

Mauricio
    Participant
    Topics:

Goldderby is underestimating Wind River, Detroit and Logan. SMH

Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 599 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2018 Nominations Predictions (Part 7)’ is closed to new replies.