Home Forums Movies Oscars 2018 Nominations Predictions (Part 7)

Oscars 2018 Nominations Predictions (Part 7)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 599 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +14 hidden )
replies
views
users
Miles
CitizenBlake
Teridax
  • Anonymous
    Topics:

You know what, I am fucking mad. Not a fucking single year I can have my own horse in a BLA race. No one I truly cared about has won that lousy category (sans one person). More than ninety years and I truly agreed with only one winner (Shirley Booth). I think I’m just gonna focus on Margot Robbie and Meryl Streep not winning this year. If one of those two wins I’m gonna become full-on homophobe.

Hunter-ish
    Participant
    Topics:

You know what, I am fucking mad. Not a fucking single year I can have my own horse in a BLA race. No one I truly cared about has won that lousy category (sans one person). More than ninety years and I truly agreed with only one winner (Shirley Booth). I think I’m just gonna focus on Margot Robbie and Meryl Streep not winning this year. If one of those two wins I’m gonna become full-on homophobe.

I’m a bit confused as to how Streep and Robbie relate to homophobia

Borja Lopez
    Participant
    Topics:

Why can’t we wait until we watch the performances and then begin stanning “the best one”?

Anonymous
    Topics:

I’m a bit confused as to how Streep and Robbie relate to homophobia

Gays love them. I’m already hating on straight men. Next are the gays.

I think I’m losing the plot. Im turning into Sasha Stone. Oh god…

PJ Edwards
    Participant
    Topics:

Due to the Oscar rule, Sally Hawkins is forced to pick between two roles, “The Shape of Water” and “Maudie”. Opinions?

Looks like neither tbh

Hunter-ish
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m actually starting to think Daniel Kaluuya will end up getting an Oscar nomination. I know the Indies and Gothams aren’t important in terms of being a precursor, but he got in at both of those and they add buzz. A critics choice nomination seems likely, especially considering there are 6 slots. Sattelite seems obvious as well. I’d be shocked if he wasn’t nominated at the Globes considering he’s competing in comedy. He’s British so I could see him getting a nomination at BAFTA. The only pre-cursor that I think he has no chance is SAG. But even then, if he does get all or even some of these pre-cursors, he’d be a definite contender.

Hunter-ish
    Participant
    Topics:

Gays love them. I’m already hating on straight men. Next are the gays.

I think I’m losing the plot. Im turning into Sasha Stone. Oh god…

As a giant homo I can tell you that I think Streep is overrated and Robbie is decent but I don’t love her. I know straight guys love Robbie because she makes them drool but I haven’t heard of other gays loving her.

Anonymous
    Topics:

Just look at these forums. Queens are enamored with Robbie in I, Tonya (they did the same with Theron in Monster and Cotillard in La Vie En Rose). And Streep is basically huge throbbing cock for them.

Sentinel666
    Participant
    Topics:

Margot Robbie was marvelous in “I, Tonya” and I’ll not cry if she win 😛

DCurrie
    Participant
    Topics:

Jlook at these forums. Queens are enamored with Robbie in I, Tonya (they did the same with Theron in Monster and Cotillard in La Vie En Rose).ust And Streep is basically huge throbbing cock for them.

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Bee
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m actually starting to think Daniel Kaluuya will end up getting an Oscar nomination. I know the Indies and Gothams aren’t important in terms of being a precursor, but he got in at both of those and they add buzz. A critics choice nomination seems likely, especially considering there are 6 slots. Sattelite seems obvious as well. I’d be shocked if he wasn’t nominated at the Globes considering he’s competing in comedy. He’s British so I could see him getting a nomination at BAFTA. The only pre-cursor that I think he has no chance is SAG. But even then, if he does get all or even some of these pre-cursors, he’d be a definite contender.

He has a good chance at getting a SAG nom, actually. He would be the oddball nominee.

jacob121
    Participant
    Topics:

He has a good chance at getting a SAG nom, actually. He would be the oddball nominee.

I don’t really think he’d even be that much of an oddball. He’s the main acting push for a movie likely to factor in BP, BD, and BOS, even if it ultimately doesn’t hit that entire trifecta. I know that GD as whole is pretty meh on Get Out as a whole but I expect that to turn around in the coming months. I don’t have Kaluuya in my five now but I am pretty shaky on Franco and Hanks. I’d say at the moment he is about in sixth or seventh position with Gyllenhaal.

Honey
    Participant
    Topics:

When the Oscars have there wtf nominations in the acting category, they generally showed up at CC if they showed up at a pre-cursor (SAG/BAFTA/GG/CC) hence why people should take CC nom more serious imo.

recent examples

Quevenzhane Wallis – Only CC
    Michael Shannon (Nocturnal Animals) – Only CC
    Marion Cotilliard (Two days One Night) – Only CC
    Tom Hardy – Only CC
    Charlotte Rampling – Only CC

If Kaluuya shows up in the Best Actor Main Category, its not too out of reach for him to make it in At the end.

PerksofBeingGriff
    Participant
    Topics:

I feel buzz for Get Out in only increasing. I think it’ll be a top nominee for most awards shows this year. With the Oscars also nominating it for things none of us predicted it for. I bet we will see Allison Williams pop up too here and there.

“Someone is staring at you in ‘Personal Growth’.”

distain
    Participant
    Topics:

Denzel’s still getting some pretty powerful ink. Just read the Washington Post review call his Roman “a Performance for the Ages”. Turnan at the LA Times called it a remarkable performance. Not everyone is totally sold on his idiosyncratic character, but for the most part he’s crushing the personal reviews and is seen as the main reason to watch the movie.

Roman Isreal is also sitting (barely) fresh on Rotten Tomatoes with 60% from 70 reviews. Mixed, but not the critical disaster some anticipated. It should probably finish between 60-65% fresh on RT, which won’t be troubling any Best Picture contenders, but is more than good enough to put Washington in the mix for a nod. He’ll be a lone nod though, if it happens, but I think that was obvious. I suspect the combination his stature in the industry, the “transformation” (willing to go ugly), plus the character being on the spectrum will be tough for voters to resist. On the negative side, all his competition will have better reviewed and liked films.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 599 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2018 Nominations Predictions (Part 7)’ is closed to new replies.