Home Forums Movies Oscars 2018 Nominations Predictions (Part 7)

Oscars 2018 Nominations Predictions (Part 7)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 14 posts - 586 through 599 (of 599 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
1 year ago
( +14 hidden )
replies
views
users
Miles
CitizenBlake
FreemanGriffin
  • Anonymous
    Topics:

As of Best Director: Remove Spielberg and put Gerwig and McDonagh in and we’ll all be happy. (So: Nolan, Del Toro, Guadagnino, McDonagh and Gerwig)

EmmyWinner
    Participant
    Topics:

I am not buying Gerwig for achievement in Directing…

Nolan/Del Toro/Spielberg/Peele/McDonagh

FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

I will be furious if the Director’s branch nominates Martin McDonagh. No no no no and more no! Worst director of 2017!

TheRedBoy
    Participant
    Topics:

future lead Oscar winners only!

Future Lead Oscar winners only!

• This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by  TheRedBoy.
    EmmyWinner
    Participant
    Topics:

future lead Oscar winners only! Future Lead Oscar winners only!

Wow Sally Hawkins looks so different in this picture.

Miles
    Participant
    Topics:

Despite it was mostly snubbed by awards group, we can’t ignore the fact that Dunkirk is still a juggernaut. It’s still a big war film that was appreciated by both critics and audiences and as of now, the Oscar contender that pulled of huge chunks of money next to Get Out. I know BO is not a big thing but it’s still a factor. If it won both DGA, BAFTA, GG and PGA, then it’s over. Unless the other Oscar contenders like The Post can pull huge profits. Also it was supported by WB, the one that gave Scorsese and Cuaron and Mad Max Fury Road (and Suicide Squad) their Oscars.

Maybe it could win (although hard to imagine), but by definition it isn’t a juggernaut if it’s been mostly snubbed by awards groups lol

Anonymous
    Topics:

Wow Sally Hawkins looks so different in this picture.

Wow. Gary is not Oldman in this picture.

Honey
    Participant
    Topics:

obviously, at least one of them is winning this year. There has always at least 1 acting winner below 40 every year except in 2009 lol. Following Oscar traditions, Bets on Lil Timmy Tim.

kbfr12
    Participant
    Topics:

obviously, at least one of them is winning this year. There has always at least 1 acting winner below 40 every year except in 2009 lol. Following Oscar traditions, Bets on Lil Timmy Tim.

I’ve decided to adopt “CAN’T SASHAY AWAY THE CHALAMET” as my official awards season motto this year.

TheRedBoy
    Participant
    Topics:

What Oscar tradition makes you bet on him over her?

Saoirse has two previous nominations over Timothée, and young actresses are significantly more likely to succeed in Lead Actress than young actors are in Lead Actor.

———————

I think it’s interesting that both of them will be facing off against 2 or 3 previous winners. I wonder if it improves their odds of winning.

JackO
    Participant
    Topics:

EVERYBODY! Check out The Post’s winning strategy after getting shut out at SAG!

This consultant also mentioned that a good number of the SAG Nom Comm are unemployed and tend to “favor underdogs.”

BRILLIANT! Don’t we hire the best people!

EmmyWinner
    Participant
    Topics:

This consultant also mentioned that a good number of the SAG Nom Comm are unemployed and tend to “favor underdogs.”

No lies there. Only unemployed and retired people have time to watch all those movies.

Honey
    Participant
    Topics:

Bye Felicias

kbfr12
    Participant
    Topics:

Bye Felicias

“The Post? Now there’s a name I haven’t heard in a long time.” — Meryl Streep, c. January 2018.

Viewing 14 posts - 586 through 599 (of 599 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2018 Nominations Predictions (Part 7)’ is closed to new replies.