Home Forums Movies Oscars 2019 Ceremony Reactions (Part 3)

Oscars 2019 Ceremony Reactions (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 445 total)
Created
12 months ago
Last Reply
11 months ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
FreemanGriffin
Dan Jo
EsOS
  • Atypical
    Participant
    Topics:

I can’t believe how upset I am! This is one of the worst Oscars results I’ve ever seen. The telecast had no personality, spark, or grace to it. Burn it down. Get a new Academy president. Keep diversifying the membership rolls. But that “diversity” still picked “Green Book” as Best Picture, Rami Malek for “Best” Actor, and had the audacity to snub Glenn Close for the 7th time. Drag them, Twitter!!!

ReplyCopy URL
    Lord Freddy Blackfyre
    Participant
    Topics:

The preferential ballot has been given one year after the next bland winners, nice films not excellent, great or masterpieces just middle of the road movies….yes they have avoided dreadful things like Boyhood but also has giving us Spotlight, Moonlight, The Artist and now Green Book.

The Oscar needs to get rid of the preferential ballot so it can name a deserving movie as Best Picture again.

ReplyCopy URL
    vinny
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m going to England to kill that stupid fat ugly ass Olivia Colman … fuck this bitch fuck this stupid white uncircumcised cock sucker. Fuck that Slut… she’s dead stupid ass white woman she’s dead ..

. You are aware it’s just an awards show right. I’m pissed about two losses but like an adult I’m not making death threats.

ReplyCopy URL
    BICTH
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m seriously way more upset about glenn losing than I should be

ReplyCopy URL
    Haley Walker
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m done with this stupid Oscars fuck these old fat ass pedophile white voters.

You’re done? You’re literally doing us all a favor. Make sure to let the door hit you in your salty ass on the way out. Olivia will ALWAYS be more successful than you 🙂

ReplyCopy URL
    FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

I will have to re-watch Olivia’s speech because I was in such shock! I was rooting so hard for her but thought Glenn was a lock to win it.

Still Roma won 3 Oscars, all 3 were for Alfonso Cuaron, so winning 3 in one night is amazing! Mostly very happy with the winners, esp. the acting winners! (:

ReplyCopy URL
    abelfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

I actually quite enjoyed the show being host-less. I wouldn’t mind it happening again in the future. Way less time wasting and much more time spent on the awards.

ReplyCopy URL
    linecelts
    Participant
    Topics:

😂 good joke dude.

??????????

ReplyCopy URL
    MoonlightTommy
    Participant
    Topics:

This is pretty much identical to Marion Cotillard/Julie Christie. Except Julie had her Oscar. Say what you will about the performance but they did Glenn way dirty.

ReplyCopy URL
    vinny
    Participant
    Topics:

quoting this so she sees it.

. Let’s see the real Sasha! 🙂

ReplyCopy URL
    CLongb0at_Jr
    Participant
    Topics:

Take solace, guys. With Green Book’s win we’ve officially stopped racism for good. Yeah, Crash also stopped racism, but now we DOUBLE stopped racism!!!!!

ReplyCopy URL
    Xander Cassel
    Participant
    Topics:

??????????

Green Book won nothing. The Favourite won everything. This is reality.

ReplyCopy URL
    Babygirl
    Participant
    Topics:

I feel so so so so BAD for Glenn but holt shit Olivia! My favourite performance WON.

ReplyCopy URL
    Guest 2018
    Participant
    Topics:

Green Book was not my choice but I’m glad for two reasons:

1)It saved us from the nightmare that would have been Black Panther winning.

2)It was an “in your face” to the “woke” haters who tried to malign the film.

The caveat though is that if Roma couldn’t win, then it shows that no other foreign language film can ever win either.

It won foreign language film. Be grateful. Black Panther was the better choice for BP and you know it.

ReplyCopy URL
    FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

Curious: how did Green Book do at the box office? I remember at the time of its release reading it was a box office disappointment? So the lack of a Best Director nomination didn’t harm it’s chances at BP after all…

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 445 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.