Home Forums Movies Oscars 2019 Ceremony Reactions (Part 3)

Oscars 2019 Ceremony Reactions (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 448 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
( +7 hidden )
replies
views
users
FreemanGriffin
Dan Jo
ospencer
  • Lord Freddy Blackfyre
    Participant
    Topics:

I feel sick…and i like Green Book but it is not best picture material

FYC: Drama Series: Game of Thrones, Succession, Bodyguard. Drama Lead Actress: Emilia Clarke, Drama Lead Actor: Richard Madden, Jeremy Strong. Limited Series: Chernobyl

ReplyCopy URL
    Eddy Q
    Participant
    Topics:

So much for the influx of international members making more inspired winners. The nominations were mostly quite delightful, at least compared to expectations. The winners? Blech.

ReplyCopy URL
    PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

Did we fail to read the writing’s on the wall?

I mean before the Globes. The absolute majority of critics circles awards went to Olivia Colman.

We overestimated SAGs. I knew they’d be off this year, considering they added many DJs/Radio hosts who vote in those categories too.

Olivia Colman and Regina King nearly swept all critics awards. The support was there.

ReplyCopy URL
    Atypical
    Participant
    Topics:

Slant said that the Academy was approaching its own reckoning just like the US did with the 2016 election in awarding “Green Book” BP. I didn’t believe them. They had “Roma” and “Black Panther” right there, and instead did this. Sad day.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

People were in shock when Olivia won; I know I was stunned! I wanted her to win but was so not expecting it, esp. since The Favourite was shut out of all the other awards. So if she didn’t get a huge ovation at first that was why!

Lol no… She didn’t received any because these ppl (excepted the fans in the very back) did not wanted her to win. Wake up Jans.. the Oscars are not that real… you should know it by now.

ReplyCopy URL
    Marcus.H
    Participant
    Topics:

YAAAS FOR OLIVIA COLMAN!!!!

ReplyCopy URL
    Marcus.H
    Participant
    Topics:

And Gaga (stunning performance!)

ReplyCopy URL
    touchofmyfeet
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m still shocked Glenn didn’t won. Olivia deserves though

ALEXA PLAY HAPPY AND SAD BY KACEY MUSGRAVES.

ReplyCopy URL
    nahborghi
    Participant
    Topics:

So weird that Rachel Weisz wasn’t anywhere to be seen when Olivia won. What happened there?

ReplyCopy URL
    Kubrick
    Participant
    Topics:

Are you out of your already compromised mind? Olivia recieved a standing ovation. Even thinking Glenn would win, they all jumped to their feet.

Promise me you’ll stay pressed forever, you Jan-ing codswallop.

ReplyCopy URL
    Stark Contrast
    Participant
    Topics:

olivia winning was definitely the surprise of the night for me! Was hoping for Yalitza but I wasn’t feeling particularly strong about the category. Congrats to her. For a moment i thought the salt was gonna be on Black Panther but lo and behold Green Book pulled out thought i guess there were signs here and there. I didnt want BoRhap to win for anything other than the Best Actor category and I feel like honestly apologizing for it winning anything in the first place. Also, First Man winning Visual Effects sorta makes sense if we think about the fact that BP already won the other catergories guess they didnt want a slaughter for Marvel. Kinda just mad that Beale Street didnt win for soundtrack….

ReplyCopy URL
    Alec Drake
    Participant
    Topics:

Lol no… She didn’t received any because these ppl (excepted the fans in the very back) did not wanted her to win. Wake up Jans.. the Oscars are not that real… you should know it by now.

Regardless, she won and there is nothing you can do about it. Like someone already correctly said #Dealwithit

ReplyCopy URL
    Marcus.H
    Participant
    Topics:

I loved Olivia but boy I hope she gets some backlash. I know I’m being petty but they DARED to award trash like Malek and BR but they deny a living legend of her much deserved Oscar? Wow. Just wow.

Lol “Best Actress Award” is not for Lifetime Achievement every time.

ReplyCopy URL
    Eddy Q
    Participant
    Topics:

The Critics Choice Awards were found dead in a ditch after giving both Gaga and Close best actress to keep up their precious “Oscar predictor” status and then it going to Olivia…I HAVE to laugh

To be fair they did also award Paul Schrader screenplay. But that’s about all the slack they deserve to be cut.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

So weird that Rachel Weisz wasn’t anywhere to be seen when Olivia won. What happened there?

She was seated far from them.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 448 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.