Home Forums Movies Oscars 2019 Ceremony Reactions (Part 3)

Oscars 2019 Ceremony Reactions (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 448 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +7 hidden )
replies
views
users
FreemanGriffin
Dan Jo
ospencer
  • Stark Contrast
    Participant
    Topics:

I think I might come back here again next oscar season and see how my feelings change about this year but yeah Green Book winning was some shit but it is what it is. A lot of black movies won (something at least) funny enough but I thought it was sorta fucked up how they had black celebrities presenting Green Book as the nominee…definitely wasn’t fucking with that energy. Mahershala should have been nominated as Lead.

ReplyCopy URL
    touchofmyfeet
    Participant
    Topics:

POOR GLENN. I feel so sad for her.

ReplyCopy URL
    Marcus.H
    Participant
    Topics:

Better ceremony than Oscars2018 tho……….

ReplyCopy URL
    Guest 2018
    Participant
    Topics:

Oscar voters had one foot swung over the abyss, and they pulled back. Thank God Roma was kept in its lane. And even with such a mediocre winner as Driving Mr. Daisy, I can live with the result. Netflix has been stopped in its scorched earth tactics. And though few of you believe that at this moment, this is a GOOD thing.

ReplyCopy URL
    nahborghi
    Participant
    Topics:

She was seated far from them.

Also thought that was strange. They usually have the nominees in the first rows, and close to their colleagues. But the camera never went for her when Olivia was at the stage.

ReplyCopy URL
    Gabriel Guarin
    Participant
    Topics:

Shout out to Tony Ruiz for getting Best Sound Editing right! But wow. Best Sound Editing going to a musical.

ReplyCopy URL
    baker
    Participant
    Topics:

I am not surprise Roma did not win Best Picture. There are Best Picture winners which are black movies such as 12 Years a Slave. There are Best Picture winners which are homosexual movies such as Moonlight. However, there is not one Best Picture winner which is not in English. All 91 Best Picture winners are English. Roma could not break Oscar rule. Black can, homosexual can but Roma could not. When will there be a Best Picture winner which is not English? Who knows? Do Oscars discriminate? Yes, but not against blacks and homosexuals.

ReplyCopy URL
    Moonwalker
    Participant
    Topics:

Green Book won!  I am so happy!

ReplyCopy URL
    Guest 2018
    Participant
    Topics:

I am not surprise Roma did not win Best Picture. There are Best Picture winners which are black movies such as 12 Years a Slave. There are Best Picture winners which are homosexual movies such as Moonlight. However, there is not one Best Picture winner which is not in English. All 91 Best Picture winners are English. Roma could not break Oscar rule. Black can, homosexual can but Roma could not. When will there be a Best Picture winner which is not English? Who knows? Do Oscars discriminate? Yes, but not against blacks and homosexuals.

It was all about the cataclysmic fallout that would’ve happened from a movie from a streaming service winning Best Picture. Be grateful it won foreign film. Netflix is the enemy here.

ReplyCopy URL
    syrus80
    Participant
    Topics:

Octavia Spencer had to enter a lottery to get her seat. WTF!!!!!

ReplyCopy URL
    FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

Just realized that 3 of the acting wins were for LGB roles (Colman, Malek and Ali) all on the same night! (:

ReplyCopy URL
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Participant
    Topics:

Green Book is the movie equivalent of the Kendall Jenner Pepsi ad

ReplyCopy URL
    Dan Jo
    Participant
    Topics:

Here they are…

ReplyCopy URL
    FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

It was all about the cataclysmic fallout that would’ve happened from a movie from a streaming service winning Best Picture. Be grateful it won foreign film. Netflix is the enemy here.

It’s also true that female-centered movies hardly ever win. I bet it was a close race and Roma almost won… just too many hurdles to overcome ): Still, it won 3 Oscars! (:

ReplyCopy URL
    LLLhawks
    Participant
    Topics:

YAYYYYYYY GREEN BOOK! Lol. I am laughing at all the mess.

I just love movies. And awards.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 448 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.