Home Forums Movies Oscars 2019 Ceremony Reactions (Part 3)

Oscars 2019 Ceremony Reactions (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 447 total)
Created
10 months ago
Last Reply
9 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
FreemanGriffin
Dan Jo
EsOS
  • AmnistY21
    Participant
    Topics:

Some people were called trash for being happy Rami won last night so yeah I don’t mind you being sad and not celebrating his win but let’s not insult others either.

ReplyCopy URL
    aahoto
    Participant
    Topics:

I must say, well done to Bradley Cooper for singing his duet at the Oscars and not chickening out like Emma Stone, Ryan Gosling and Renée Zellweger before him. He did a pretty good job (trained singer writing here) and it was a nice moment that will be remembered. Good for him.

ReplyCopy URL
    FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m really tired of people not separating their love for Freddie Mercury/Queen from Rami Malek’s performance.

I didn’t love Freddie Mercury or Queen before seeing the film, so stop assuming! Many people loved the PERFORMANCE! He won the Golden Globe, SAG, BAFTA and the Oscar! (: You certainly don’t have to agree but don’t assume that everyone agrees with you either.

ReplyCopy URL
    That Don Guy
    Participant
    Topics:

Two comments about the ceremony itself:

First, apparently, “someone who needs no introduction” literally applies to Lady Gaga; she wasn’t introduced when she sang.

Second, when Julia Roberts said the goodbye at the end, was I the only one expecting Whoopi Goldberg to show up and comment along the lines of, “Sorry I’m late – traffic was a mess”?

ReplyCopy URL
    BenitoDelicias
    Participant
    Topics:

I must say, well done to Bradley Cooper for singing his duet at the Oscars and not chickening out like Emma Stone, Ryan Gosling and Renée Zellweger before him. He did a pretty good job (trained singer writing here) and it was a nice moment that will be remembered. Good for him.

Or Emily Blunt. Did she ever give a reason for not doing it? Just realized that Blunt and Krasinski didn’t go. It even seems weird not seeing Lin Manuel Miranda there. Not that I needed him there, but he seems like such a showbiz whore, and it made sense for him to be there.

ReplyCopy URL
    WildforFilm
    Participant
    Topics:

The difference with Blunt though is that she wasn’t nominated. My guess is that if she was, she would have sung. I don’t blame Blunt and Krasinski for not attending. It’s not like The Quiet Place was a “big” nominee. As for Manuel-Miranda, he also had no business being there (unless he was a presenter) as Mary Poppins wasn’t a big player either. If “Trip A Little Light” was nominated, I’m also sure he would have performed too.

ReplyCopy URL
    Moviebuff22
    Participant
    Topics:

I didn’t love Freddie Mercury or Queen before seeing the film, so stop assuming! Many people loved the PERFORMANCE! He won the Golden Globe, SAG, BAFTA and the Oscar! (: You certainly don’t have to agree but don’t assume that everyone agrees with you either.

You may not think this but reading the leaked Oscar ballots sure went along with this line of thinking.

ReplyCopy URL
    Elusive Chanteuse
    Participant
    Topics:

The ceremony was a complete mess.

Bohemian winning a lot of awards, including Best Editing was a complete joke. Did they not see the same film that had a horrendous 500+ switch back-and-forth scenes within a minute?! It gave me a headache. The only award I was fine with it winning was for Rami who gave a great performance.

Close losing Best Actress was absolutely saddening and a shock. This was her time, and I don’t know if she’ll ever be rewarded by the Academy. She is more than deserving of that Best Actress title, not a “Supporting” or a Honorary one. (I’ll say that I was glad it went to Colman not anyone else though).

Green Book winning the Best Picture…HA! Can someone come back to the stage and tell them they read the wrong envelope? (At least they didn’t award it to BR which would’ve been much worse tbh)

ReplyCopy URL
    BenitoDelicias
    Participant
    Topics:

The difference with Blunt though is that she wasn’t nominated. My guess is that if she was, she would have sung. I don’t blame Blunt and Krasinski for not attending. It’s not like The Quiet Place was a “big” nominee. As for Manuel-Miranda, he also had no business being there (unless he was a presenter) as Mary Poppins wasn’t a big player either. If “Trip A Little Light” was nominated, I’m also sure he would have performed too.

Again, Miranda obviously loves award shows and the Oscars. His film had several nominations and he could’ve presented his film’s song. He could’ve been the one coming down with an umbrella. A thing he clearly would’ve loved to do considering how he is. Blunt is still in a Disney film with some nominations, on a Disney network on a Disney show.

Even Jason Momoa went/was invited after his film got extremely fucked by the academy in the vfx category. Crazy Rich Asians people also presented.

It seems weird. Those 3 are the kind of people you’d expect to be presenters.

ReplyCopy URL
    Atypical
    Participant
    Topics:

I am really tired of all the Rami Malek bashing. the academy agreed with me and gave him the Best Actor award and it was so richly deserved! It’s been so annoying having to read all this b.s. about his superb performance. But he has his Oscar and you can whine about it but it won’t change! I was thrilled with all 4 of the acting winners this year and getting 3 of my 1st choices up there was a big thrill! (Malek, Colman and King!) Ali was 2nd but I disliked the category fraud aspect so as great as he was Richard E Grant would have been the right choice for the Oscar.

You’ll just have to be sick of it in your ridiculously limited bubble or put a bunch of people on ignore then. Malek’s Oscar win will only grow worse with age as one of the most disgusting wins the category has ever seen when virtually all of his competition and snubbed (re: Ethan Hawke) were his betters. Deal.

ReplyCopy URL
    JGibson
    Participant
    Topics:

The ceremony itself was fine and fast paced. It only tired for having such bad winners in a row. I guess the directors did the best they could. Wonder if it helped the ratings.

My girl has her Oscar and was A moment. I’m so happy for her.
    Also, Regina King’s win was beautiful.

And what I learned, GOLDEN GLOBES DO MATTER. They made predictable clichéd corny Green Book and shameful Bohemian Rhaposdy happen because most Oscar voters didn’t watched anything yet and just did basic choice. Reading some secret Oscar voters and watching Wanda Sykes interview at Ellen made me wonder why those people vote if they don’t really care about the contenders and just sheep vote because they feel that’s it.

A Star Is Born, Bradley Cooper, Glenn Close, Emily Blunt, A Quiet Place, If Beale Street Could Talk, First Reformed all deserved better.

This season was exhausting. Happy it’s over. Hoping for better moments next year

FYC: Invisible Life (Brazil) for Best International Film and Best Supporting Actress (Fernanda Montenegro)

ReplyCopy URL
    NevadaR
    Participant
    Topics:

You’ll just have to be sick of it in your ridiculously limited bubble or put a bunch of people on ignore then. Malek’s Oscar win will only grow worse with age as one of the most disgusting wins the category has ever seen when virtually all of his competition and snubbed (re: Ethan Hawke) were his betters. Deal.

That’s cute coming from someone who has been bitching about everything this season. You deal first.

ReplyCopy URL
    Guest 2018
    Participant
    Topics:

Let’s see how the Academy deny Netflix next year when it’ll be competing with Scorsesse and The Irishman. If that film is mildling good is gonna sweep the Oscars next year.

Why, a better question would be, why does Scorsese want to abandon where he’s at and side with Netflix?

ReplyCopy URL
    Guest 2018
    Participant
    Topics:

Preliminary overnight ratings: 20.6/34. Up 9% from last year, still 2nd lowest Oscar rating ever.

https://deadline.com/2019/02/2019-oscars-ratings-rise-spike-lee-protest-green-book-abc-1202564523/

• This reply was modified 9 months, 2 weeks ago by  Guest 2018.
    • This reply was modified 9 months, 2 weeks ago by  Guest 2018. Reason: Updated overnight numbers
    ReplyCopy URL
    Dan Jo
    Participant
    Topics:

Preliminary overnight ratings: 20.6/34. Up 9% from last year, still 2nd lowest Oscar rating ever. https://deadline.com/2019/02/2019-oscars-ratings-rise-spike-lee-protest-green-book-abc-1202564523/

With Lady Gaga being there and Black Panther being nominated I expect a little raise in the ratings.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 447 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.