Home Forums Movies Oscars 2020: Best Actress predictions

Oscars 2020: Best Actress predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 167 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
53 mins ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
kellis
Jays
HarmonV
  • Jays
    Participant
    Topics:

Fox has gotten 3 films into the Best Picture race in one year on multiple occasions (2015 and 2017 being the most recent), so there’s reason to believe Sony can’t do it too. All 3 of those films are huge contenders, and with enough campaigning they can easily all get nominated.

Sony isn’t Fox lol. Sony has never been able to do it, so yes there is reason to believe that they won’t be able to do it.

ReplyCopy URL
    Lil Tony
    Participant
    Topics:

My early feelings: Golden Globe – Drama Cynthia Erivo, Harriet Golden Globe – Musical/Comedy Renée Zellweger, Judy SAG Awards Cynthia Erivo, Harriet BAFTA Renée Zellweger, Judy OSCARS Renée Zellweger, Judy PREDICTED OSCARS LINEUP

• Awkwafina, The Farewell
    • Cynthia Erivo, Harriet
    • Lupita Nyong’o, Us
    • Saoirse Ronan, Little Women
    • Renée Zellweger, Judy

<p style=”text-align: right;”></p>

has it been confirmed that Judy is going comedy/musical? They should better place it in drama where it belongs

I don't know who to STAN yet

ReplyCopy URL
    Thatcher, Prime Minister of GoldDerby
    Participant
    Topics:

Darlings, neither Cynthia Erivo or Renée Zellweger are winning. I’m sure about that.

LENA HEADEY hasn't got an Emmy for Game of Thrones????? Emmys you need to win her right now!!

Lena Headey ("Game of Thrones") for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series.

If Lena Headey doesn't win the Emmy, I'm leaving GoldDerby forever.

ReplyCopy URL
    wattsgold
    Participant
    Topics:

In a scale from “1” to “Nicole K in Destroyer” how dead is Lupita?

ReplyCopy URL
    Matthew anzalone
    Participant
    Topics:

has it been confirmed that Judy is going comedy/musical? They should better place it in drama where it belongs

It gave me lots of my week with marilyn vibes (which michelle williams won comedy actress). I have it in comedy or musical but it could go into drama.

ReplyCopy URL
    M Bocioaca
    Participant
    Topics:

In a scale from “1” to “Nicole K in Destroyer” how dead is Lupita?

About as dead as Kaluuya was at this time in his year. Give or take a few points.

ReplyCopy URL
    Foolio
    Participant
    Topics:

About as dead as Kaluuya was at this time in his year. Give or take a few points.

The buzz for Get Out and Kaluuya never died down. The movie and his performance were on everyone’s lips this time of the year, before and after.

For me, Us is the best film of the year so far and I find Nyong’o’s performance masterful, but there’s no denying that Us hasn’t had the kind of staying power Get Out did. It came, did damage, and went.

That’s not saying the hype couldn’t be revived. But until it does, the film and its star’s awards possibilities are not looking good. It was an entirely different story with Get Out.

ReplyCopy URL
    Thatcher, Prime Minister of GoldDerby
    Participant
    Topics:

Darlings, Lupita is getting a nod. Time will tell.

LENA HEADEY hasn't got an Emmy for Game of Thrones????? Emmys you need to win her right now!!

Lena Headey ("Game of Thrones") for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series.

If Lena Headey doesn't win the Emmy, I'm leaving GoldDerby forever.

ReplyCopy URL
    Jays
    Participant
    Topics:

Lupita is not happening lol. The comparison to Kaluuya doesn’t work because Us wasn’t some sort of cultural phenomenon that Get Out was and Us won’t be contending in any other categories like Get Out did. Not to mention, nobody even talks about Us anymore.

Also, she would need some support from critics but there seems to be other options that critics might gravitate towards like Awkwafina or Johansson or maybe even Felicity Jones who’s buzz is through the roof for her performance.

ReplyCopy URL
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Participant
    Topics:

The buzz for Get Out and Kaluuya never died down.

Kaluuya never had any buzz period until late October / early November, until after IndieWire and THR publisher articles about another possibility of an #OscarsSoWhite, at the time, the only PoC actors with a chance of nominations were Washington with Maybe Blige & Chau (although Chau was a struggle since the poor reception of her film).

It was obvious throughout that entire season that the “star” of Get Out and with the one with the likelihood and buzz was Peele.

Feinberg of THR had him as a “Long Shot” with the likes of Donald Sutherland, James McAvoy and Sam Elliott, with contenders being listed above Kaluuya including Andrew Garfield, Kumail Nanjiani, Andy Serkis & Richard Gere.

AwardsWatch experts only started considering him in August (and in 16th place). Even in November, Awardswatch users only thought that Kaluuya was a distance 6th with Gyllenhaal having better chances / buzz.

ReplyCopy URL
    John Berchmans
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t think Us has much of a chance of getting any nominations, since it wasn’t received as well as Get Out by critics and (especially) audiences, and all thr buzz has died. Plus, horror has been a historically ignored category by the Oscar’s. Maybe if Universal gives it a massive awards campaign it can still get in, but I think they will be focusing the brunt of their attention on 1917.

ReplyCopy URL
    hats-off
    Participant
    Topics:

I think Lupita could make it in. If i remember correctly, the buzz for Get Out was generated for its script and direction which carried Kaluuya along.

For Us, the buzz is being primarily generated by Lupita’s performance which wont be able to carry the film to more nominations, but it does put her in a similar position as Toni Collette last year, who didnt end up getting nominated but was likely in 7th or 8th place in the voting tally.

Lupita has the performance to win though.

ReplyCopy URL
    Gabarnes43
    Participant
    Topics:

Nobody’s really talking about Us anymore. It won’t get any noms

FYC Emmys 2019 ‘Killing Eve’ ‘Sandra Oh’ ‘Fiona Shaw’ ‘Bob Odenkirk ‘Jonathan Banks’ ‘Fleabag’ ‘Phoebe Waller Bridge ‘Olivia Colman’ ‘Ted Danson’ ‘Alan Arkin’ ‘Kristin Scott Thomas’

FYC OSCARS 2020- ‘Little Women’ ‘Saoirse Ronan’ ‘Maggie Smith’ ‘Downton Abbey’ ‘Emma Thompson ‘Late Night’

ReplyCopy URL
    JackO
    Participant
    Topics:

If Streep is indeed going supporting that opens up a spot for Lupita. I’m not buying talk of buzz and hype. People have at least seen her movie unlike other contenders and she is praised in it. Not dismissing anyone’s chances for a nomination in August lol.

ReplyCopy URL
    FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

I am really hoping that Emma Thompson is remembered with a nomination for Late Night. It all depends on the reviews for the films that haven’t been released yet – a few of them will fall by the wayside and a few will rise to the top but I hope there will be room for Emma because she was fantastic and so memorable in Late Night (: (I do think she will be nominated for a Golden Globe for certain).

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 167 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.