Home Forums Movies Oscars 2020: Best Actress predictions

Oscars 2020: Best Actress predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 538 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Victor Cruz
kellis
Lil Tony
  • Lil Tony
    Participant
    Topics:

I must be the only one who still goes back to read posts from the 2019 best actress threads. This coming season is just soooooo boring. At this point, we still can’t pick out a solid contender.  Last season was so hot.

Taron Egerton (Rocketman) for best actor. Charlize Theron looks great in Bombshell teaser

JackO
    Participant
    Topics:

True, none of the frontrunners this year have rabid fanbases. I mean are people really gonna be pulling out knives for Ronan or Zellwegger?! lol Just have to hope for more ScarJo gaffes and the continued online mutiny against Ervio.

Miles
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t think there’s any backlash against Erivo, and if it is, it’s just a Twitter thing. People aren’t placing Erivo as high anymore because the trailer for Harriet was just not good.

DrewN92
    Participant
    Topics:

I agree this category is a bit boring so far, but I am hoping passion will be fueled once more of these movies are actually released and critics awards start coming out. It’s hard to take backlash or stanning seriously at this point before we even know how the rest of the performances/movies will add up. With that being said, I don’t see this category remotely being as hot as it was last year. I have a feeling supporting actress could end up being the more interesting race this year.

Honey
    Participant
    Topics:

It’s a relief it’s boring for a lot of y’all, it means y’all hopefully won’t fuck up the forums with 22 threads about best actress and ruin this category for the people who don’t treat this category as if it’s a nobel peace prize.

I’m excited for this year’s best actress race though but for obvious reason of who I want to win and finally be recognized lol.

Victor Cruz
    Participant
    Topics:

Erivo makes sense as a winner but after that horrible TV movie trailer I don’t see her winning until I see good reviews and reaction for it.

Scarjo’s movie is just too small in subject and she’s playing a wife getting divirced. Glenn Close couldn’t even do it for a much baitier role.

I also find it hard to believe Ronan as a winner for Little Women.

Best Actress winners are usually baity and about heavy subject matters and transformations.

Salsa Club
    Participant
    Topics:

Best Actress winners are usually baity and about heavy subject matters and transformations.

Olivia Colman and Emma Stone say hi

JGibson
    Participant
    Topics:

Best actress winners are whomever the globes decides so, they’ll choose the narrative

Honey
    Participant
    Topics:

Erivo makes sense as a winner but after that horrible TV movie trailer I don’t see her winning until I see good reviews and reaction for it. Scarjo’s movie is just too small in subject and she’s playing a wife getting divirced. Glenn Close couldn’t even do it for a much baitier role. I also find it hard to believe Ronan as a winner for Little Women. Best Actress winners are usually baity and about heavy subject matters and transformations.

A divorce isn’t a heavy subject matter?

Victor Cruz
    Participant
    Topics:

Olivia Colman and Emma Stone say hi

Olivia Colman was baity. Emma Stone in a musical/Best Picture frontrunner that made 450 Million WW. Scarlett is in a Netflix movie that will make 2cents.

Seven
    Participant
    Topics:

Olivia Colman was baity. Emma Stone in a musical/Best Picture frontrunner that made 450 Million WW. Scarlett is in a Netflix movie that will make 2cents.

And ? Last year’s biggest player was a Netflix movie that made less than 2 cents. And Marriage Story will have a way bigger audience than Roma

And a family drama is a perfect bait 💀

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by  Seven.
    • This reply was modified 1 month ago by  Seven.
    JackO
    Participant
    Topics:

ScarJo’s film is bait personified. I mean have you seen dat trailer? it’s only missing the IMPORTANCE of something like a Harriet but I’m sure they can find something on the campaign trail.

kellis
    Participant
    Topics:

Marriage Story and Miss Scarlett will do fine lol. It’s a drama about a celebrity divorce starring one of the biggest superstars of this decade and a recent Oscar nominee having a huge year with roles in The Report and the final Star Wars movie (in its respective trilogy). If raved out of the festivals, the industry will fall in love with this movie (especially the actors).

“No user starts this shady” - someone culturally relevant.

Victor Cruz
    Participant
    Topics:

And ? Last year’s biggest player was a Netflix movie that made less than 2 cents. And Marriage Story will have a way bigger audience than Roma

And a family drama is a perfect bait 💀

Roma lost BP to Green Book for being a Netflix film.

Seven
    Participant
    Topics:

Roma lost BP to Green Book for being a Netflix film.

Roma lost because of the preferential ballot which isn’t relevant when it comes to acting awards. It got 10 nominations, won Best Director (likely in a lanslide) and proved beyond any doubt that Netflix movies can be relevant at the Oscars granted the right amount of campaigning. The anti-Netflix bias did sabotage it in Best Picture indeed, but there was enough passion for it to win the second biggest award.

If an highbrow, slow paced, foreign language movie with absolutely zero starpower in its cast managed to be such a huge contender, there’s no reason why Marriage Story would fail. It will likely be a threat in several categories outside of Best Picture, mainly Lead Actor and Actress.

• This reply was modified 4 weeks, 1 day ago by  Seven.
    • This reply was modified 4 weeks, 1 day ago by  Seven.
Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 538 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2020: Best Actress predictions’ is closed to new replies.