Home Forums Movies Oscars 2020: Best Actress predictions

Oscars 2020: Best Actress predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 538 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
2 weeks ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Victor Cruz
kellis
Lil Tony
  • Pulp
    Participant
    Topics:

Sidibe or Mulligan should be winning that year but I’m glad that SaBu has an Oscar lol

Yes, Sidibe should have beaten Bullock. But at that years razzies, not the oscars.

John Berchmans
    Participant
    Topics:

Regarding Box Office is another reason why we should watch out for either Lopez/Wu for Hustlers. It’s already projected at $20m-$30m opening weekend and if all goes well could end its run close to $100m domestic / $150m. The movie is also going to TIFF and has already been screened for HPFA. STX clearly have confidence in it.

I’d be very surprised if Hustlers turned out to be an Oscar contender but at this point you never know.

Joe Burns
    Participant
    Topics:

What an unforgettable season, I’m gonna miss it.

Anyway, I feel like Theron will be undeniable but I never thought she’d win a 2nd Oscar so soon or ever. It’s just I don’t see Judy doing good (critically + bo) enough to back up Renée’s 2nd Oscar win. What do we think about that btw? Could Judy do ok in box office? Not that Bombshell will thrive but it could generate much more buzz than Judy. No one else rn seems compelling enough to me, maybe ScarJo. I also feel Aeronauts will be big, but I doubt Jones will deliver an Oscar winning performance.

It’s been sixteen years since Monster’s release so I don’t think a second Oscar is that soon for her.

Victor Cruz
    Participant
    Topics:

I heard Jones is great in the Aeronauts. But like everything Jones does, It’s going to Flop. And Amazon hasn’t had any luck since Manchester by The Sea.

Marcus.H
    Participant
    Topics:

Darling, thank you. You’re an irrelevant user, but you’re absolutely right.

Jesus, your posts are always bitter but so funny omg.

Kubrick-Coen-Tarantino-Hitchcock-Lynch-Fellini-BillyWilde-WesAnderson
    "One Flew Over a Cuckoo's Nest(1975)"[All Time Fav]

thatnerdgreg
    Participant
    Topics:

Right now I’m thinking the nominees will be (in no particular order):

Saoirse Ronan

Scarlett Johansson

Awkwafina

Renee Zellweger

Charlize Theron

However, if Meryl Streep goes leading for The Laundromat, she’s very likely gonna take a spot.

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 5 days ago by  thatnerdgreg.
    • This reply was modified 3 weeks, 5 days ago by  thatnerdgreg.
    JackO
    Participant
    Topics:

I heard Jones is great in the Aeronauts. But like everything Jones does, It’s going to Flop. And Amazon hasn’t had any luck since Manchester by The Sea.

Them shuffling around the release dates and how it is released theatrically doesnt give off the air of confidence to me. Many folks who were very good before have been snubbed for less than that.

The Artist Formerly Known as Xander Cassel
    Participant
    Topics:

Right now I’m thinking the nominees will be (in no particular order): Saoirse Ronan Scarlett Johansson Awkwafina Renee Zellweger Charlize Theron However, if Meryl Streep goes leading for The Laundromat, she’s very likely gonna take a spot.

I think Meryl is def Supporting, which she may have a good shot at winning.

Pollo crudo
    Participant
    Topics:

Lucy in the Sky trailer has dropped. Natalie looks great, is the type of role which gets nominated.

kellis
    Participant
    Topics:

Natalegend is coming to SNATCH.

“No user starts this shady” - someone culturally relevant.

EsOS
    Participant
    Topics:

Blown away by the Lucy in the Sky trailer. Natalie is coming for our wigs.

GIVE LENA HEADEY HER EMMY

Dennis El Mar
    Participant
    Topics:

Marcus.H
    Participant
    Topics:

“Lucy in the sky” looks great!

Kubrick-Coen-Tarantino-Hitchcock-Lynch-Fellini-BillyWilde-WesAnderson
    "One Flew Over a Cuckoo's Nest(1975)"[All Time Fav]

Honey
    Participant
    Topics:

If you think about it’s true, Ronan is the Kate Winslet of this generation. 1) Atonement vs Sense and Sensibility 2) Brooklyn vs Titanic 3) Lady Bird vs Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. 4) little Women vs Little Children.

i can’t stand Kate Winslet but this is just insulting to think their performances and movies are even remotely comparable in quality or similarity.

Lil Tony
    Participant
    Topics:

Johansson isn’t winning, and Awkwafina is not getting nominated. It’s Theron vs Zellweger.

If so, then Theron is winning. Bombshell has just a teaser for now with a single scene but Theron in that scene flushed out the entire scenes with Zellweger in the Judy trailer. Also, Theron has a supposedly better movie with a bigger narrative to win. Honestly, Zellweger isn’t good enough to win a second Oscar yet and her body of work isn’t so rich. Unlike Theron who’s been delivering powerful performances in relevant movies since her win and most people agree that she was truly snubbed at least twice in the past. She seems to have not just the performance, but the narrative as well

Taron Egerton (Rocketman) for best actor. Charlize Theron looks great in Bombshell teaser

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 538 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2020: Best Actress predictions’ is closed to new replies.