Home Forums Movies Oscars 2020: Best Actress predictions

Oscars 2020: Best Actress predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 524 total)
Created
2 years ago
Last Reply
1 year ago
replies
views
users
Victor Cruz
kellis
Lil Tony
  • Profile picture
    Pulp
    Topics:

(lol @ Margot Robbie when she didn’t even give the best performance in the movie

Sebastian Stan?

#FreeTheBannedFour

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

Sebastian Stan?

he was great and should have received attention. But Robbie was simply the best

FYC:

Chromatica: Album of the Year, Best Pop Vocal Album.

Rain On Me: Song of the Year, Record of the Year, Best Pop Duo/Group Performance, Best Music Video.

Alice: Best Pop Solo Performance

Profile picture
    Miles
    Topics:

But that is how it is and we can’t change that as much we might want to, so if we are objectively analysing Theron’s chances of winning then we can’t ignore such a thing, which was what Tyler did.

You do remember the character Theron won her Oscar for, right? Likability has never been a factor in the 21st century.

Profile picture
    8CHRIS5
    Topics:

This is the worst way to predict. No one is going through their ballot and saying I HAVE TO VOTE FOR THIS REAL PERSON OR ELSE!!! And there are no locks to win in August lol.

It’s STATS. And Pundits use stats all the time to predict awards and it works.

Before 2016, it happened in 1998. An actor playing a real life person wins every year. Which favors: Theron, Erivo, Renee or Jones.

If the current race holds:
    Best Actor: Adam Driver, Joaquim Phoenix and Antonio Banderas as the favorites.

Best Supporting Actor: Brad Pitt and Willen Dafaoe as the favorites.

Best Supporting Actress: Laura Dern, Margo Robbie as the favorites.

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by 8CHRIS5.
    Profile picture
    8CHRIS5
    Topics:

Who ever is predicting Scarjo. Do you guys really think Marriage Story is winning Best Actor, Best Actress, and Best Supporting Actress. 😂😂.

Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

But that is how it is and we can’t change that as much we might want to, so if we are objectively analysing Theron’s chances of winning then we can’t ignore such a thing, which was what Tyler did.

Does the likability only apply to the actresses?

Profile picture
    DrewN92
    Topics:

I would rather argue that if you play a more likeable or sympathetic character this might help get votes, but usually unlikeable roles are baitier and in my opinion still net decent results. I remember all last season people were predicting McCarthy to be snubbed because her role was so unlikeable and CYEFM? was not a BP contender, yet she hit every precursor because the performance was there. And there have been many Oscar winners who played very unlikeable characters- Allison Janney, Melissa Leo, Charlize Theron, Frances McDormand, Sam Rockwell, etc.

Profile picture
    Mukund
    Topics:

You do remember the character Theron won her Oscar for, right? Likability has never been a factor in the 21st century.

Didn’t the film receive criticism for portraying Wuornos in a more sympathetic light? Likability isn’t the only factor but it is one for sure and it can make all the difference in the world.

Profile picture
    8CHRIS5
    Topics:

Regarding ScarJo, well, if Bombshell and Judy flop, I don’t really see who else can win at this point. The category is just so empty. Unless Saoirse really delivers a winning level performance in LW which my gut says she won’t

So the prediction is that Marriage Story will win 50-75% of the acting awards? I have to laugh 😂😂

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Elazul
    Topics:

The category is just so empty.

This was bound to happen after the previous two years. I guess this year will be one of those “had … been released in 2019 she could have won easily!!!” years.

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

Didn’t the film receive criticism for portraying Wuornos in a more sympathetic light? Likability isn’t the only factor but it is one for sure and it can make all the difference in the world.

but Theron still won the Oscar for it

FYC:

Chromatica: Album of the Year, Best Pop Vocal Album.

Rain On Me: Song of the Year, Record of the Year, Best Pop Duo/Group Performance, Best Music Video.

Alice: Best Pop Solo Performance

Profile picture
    Dorsey
    Topics:

I feel like Harriet (and to a lesser degree, Judy) could flop and they could still get nominated off the baitiness of the roles. It’s a weak year, it could just be a namecheck whether they’ve seen it or not.

Profile picture
    CateNicole
    Topics:

They keep casting Portman in these transformational roles in which she’s good but I don’t 100% buy it. I still see Natalie Portman trying to play somebody else that she has created and is envisioning in her mind, whereas Theron fully plays it.

This is Theron’s year. It is 2019 and this movie is coming out a year before the election.

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by CateNicole.
    • This reply was modified 1 year ago by CateNicole.
    Profile picture
    Dorsey
    Topics:

No, but the role is.

Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 524 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2020: Best Actress predictions’ is closed to new replies.