Home Forums Movies Oscars 2020: Best Actress predictions

Oscars 2020: Best Actress predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 533 total)
Created
8 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
( +5 hidden )
replies
views
users
Victor Cruz
kellis
Lil Tony
  • Lil Tony
    Participant
    Topics:

I would think you of all people wouldn’t be slandering Stef by comparing her to Scarjo.

I’m not by any chance hitting hard on Gaga in a negative way. She was the early favourite and the best in the category but lost in the end. If the voters were honest, Gaga would have won.

I’m only comparing her to Scarjo based on what I said earlier

FYC
    Best Actor :.
    Taron Egerton = Rocketman
    Joaquin Phoenix = Joker
    Eddie Murphy = Dolemite is my Name

Best actress :
    Charlize Theron = Bombshell
    Alfre Woodard = Clemency

Supporting Actor
    Brad Pitt = Once upon a time in Hollywood

Supporting Actress =
    Margot Robbie = Any of her two performances.
    Dame Maggie Smith = Downton Abbey
    Octavia Spencer = Luce

cracker of whips, bringer of jocks
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m not by any chance hitting hard on Gaga in a negative way. She was the early favourite and the best in the category but lost in the end. If the voters were honest, Gaga would have won. I’m only comparing her to Scarjo based on what I said earlier

Not to go on a tangent, but Colman was the best in that category.

Lil Tony
    Participant
    Topics:

Not to go on a tangent, but Colman was the best in that category.

no. Gaga was the best and everyone knows it. It was the industry bias that made them deny her what was rightfully hers. Now Colman is entirely forgotten. The Academy should better not make that same mistake of rewarding a forgettable performer in a supporting role again this coming year

FYC
    Best Actor :.
    Taron Egerton = Rocketman
    Joaquin Phoenix = Joker
    Eddie Murphy = Dolemite is my Name

Best actress :
    Charlize Theron = Bombshell
    Alfre Woodard = Clemency

Supporting Actor
    Brad Pitt = Once upon a time in Hollywood

Supporting Actress =
    Margot Robbie = Any of her two performances.
    Dame Maggie Smith = Downton Abbey
    Octavia Spencer = Luce

DrewN92
    Participant
    Topics:

no. Gaga was the best and everyone knows it. It was the industry bias that made them deny her what was rightfully hers. Now Colman is entirely forgotten. The Academy should better not make that same mistake of rewarding a forgettable performer in a supporting role again this coming year

For me she was deserving of the nomination, but not “everyone” agrees with you that she was the best. In my opinion she was solidly in 3rd place after Colman and Close, but in my personal ranking she is 4th place with Aparicio in 5th.

And Colman is not completely forgotten. She just got an Emmy nomination for Fleabag and she will do so again next year for The Crown. This is just the beginning for her.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by  DrewN92.
    Seven
    Participant
    Topics:

Gaga was the best and everyone knows it. It was the industry bias that made them deny her what was rightfully hers

What a joke. You call it industry bias but many will simply call it common sense

And imagine thinking that Colman is forgotten when she’s coming back with the Crown. Taking the lead of one of Netflix biggest series and will be the one to beat at every award show next year. She’s easily the most relevant out of the 5 nominees

• This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by  Seven.
    Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

Gaga delivered a strong performance in a role that was essentially tailor-made for her and didn’t require that much of a stretch for her. She did not have the best performance in the category.

DrewN92
    Participant
    Topics:

I cannot wait for Eternal Beauty world premiere. Hopefully Sundance Selects or SPC buys distribution rights and then this race will be over before it even began. Go Sally.

What are the chances of something only screening at BFI to break into the Oscars race?

Dorsey
    Participant
    Topics:

Is this year so boring we’re gonna argue over last year again? TIFF can’t start soon enough.

brb stanning Adam Driver

Elazul
    Participant
    Topics:

And Zellweger won an Oscar (for an awful performance)

Was she really that bad? I read the book so never bothered to check the movie (just like Mystic River).

Dennis El Mar
    Participant
    Topics:

Was she really that bad? I read the book so never bothered to check the movie (just like Mystic River).

I love Renée, but it’s just impossible to defend that performance. Her accent, facial expressions, and mannerisms are overdone, which probably has more to do with the direction and adaptation of the screenplay as opposed to her capacity as a performer. I get that the character is supposed to serve as comic relief, but even in the more dramatic moments she still comes off as a wildly cartoonish caricature.

Her win made sense at that time because it’s the type of character that voters love in Supporting Actress and they wanted to make it up to her for losing so narrowly the year before, but that performance is really a mess in retrospect.

FYC: Mary Kay Place in Diane

ENGLAND
    Participant
    Topics:

Can Scarlett win Lead and Supporting actress? Lololol. That trailer for Jo Jo Rannit looked incredible and so did she.

Pipipopo
    Participant
    Topics:

Actor actually quite a lot first time winners as well Peter Finch Richard Dreyfus Ben Kingsley F. Murray Abraham William Hurt Michael Douglas (for acting) Daniel Day Lewis Jeremy Irons Anthony Hopkins Nicolas Cage Geoffrey Rush Roberto Benigni Adrian Brody Jamie Foxx Phillip Seymour Hoffman Forrest Whittaker Jean Dujarden Matthew McConahey Eddie Redmayne Rami Malek Since the 1980s, every decade there’s always been 4 winners that win on their first nomination.

Peter Finch was nominated for Sunday Bloody Sunday before winning for Network

Dorsey
    Participant
    Topics:

What were y’all saying about Scarjo having this in the bag if she can avoid saying anything stupid?

How’s “I love Woody. I believe him, and I would work with him anytime.”

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/features/scarlett-johansson-talks-woody-allen-elizabeth-warren-black-widow-1235618

brb stanning Adam Driver

ginnala
    Participant
    Topics:

What were y’all saying about Scarjo having this in the bag if she can avoid saying anything stupid? How’s “I love Woody. I believe him, and I would work with him anytime.” https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/features/scarlett-johansson-talks-woody-allen-elizabeth-warren-black-widow-1235618

I can’t…

vinny
    Participant
    Topics:

I can’t…

Well I wasn’t bankig on her getting nominated but this pretty much makes me think “Nope not happening now for sure”

Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 533 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2020: Best Actress predictions’ is closed to new replies.