Home Forums Movies Oscars 2020: Best Actress predictions

Oscars 2020: Best Actress predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 531 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
11 months ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
Victor Cruz
kellis
Lil Tony
  • Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

Not to go on a tangent, but Colman was the best in that category.

no. Gaga was the best and everyone knows it. It was the industry bias that made them deny her what was rightfully hers. Now Colman is entirely forgotten. The Academy should better not make that same mistake of rewarding a forgettable performer in a supporting role again this coming year

FYC:

Chromatica: Album of the Year, Best Pop Vocal Album.

Rain On Me: Song of the Year, Record of the Year, Best Pop Duo/Group Performance, Best Music Video.

Alice: Best Pop Solo Performance

Profile picture
    DrewN92
    Topics:

no. Gaga was the best and everyone knows it. It was the industry bias that made them deny her what was rightfully hers. Now Colman is entirely forgotten. The Academy should better not make that same mistake of rewarding a forgettable performer in a supporting role again this coming year

For me she was deserving of the nomination, but not “everyone” agrees with you that she was the best. In my opinion she was solidly in 3rd place after Colman and Close, but in my personal ranking she is 4th place with Aparicio in 5th.

And Colman is not completely forgotten. She just got an Emmy nomination for Fleabag and she will do so again next year for The Crown. This is just the beginning for her.

• This reply was modified 11 months ago by DrewN92.
    Profile picture
    Seven
    Topics:

Gaga was the best and everyone knows it. It was the industry bias that made them deny her what was rightfully hers

What a joke. You call it industry bias but many will simply call it common sense

And imagine thinking that Colman is forgotten when she’s coming back with the Crown. Taking the lead of one of Netflix biggest series and will be the one to beat at every award show next year. She’s easily the most relevant out of the 5 nominees

• This reply was modified 11 months ago by Seven.
    Profile picture
    Darren
    Topics:

Gaga delivered a strong performance in a role that was essentially tailor-made for her and didn’t require that much of a stretch for her. She did not have the best performance in the category.

Profile picture
    DrewN92
    Topics:

I cannot wait for Eternal Beauty world premiere. Hopefully Sundance Selects or SPC buys distribution rights and then this race will be over before it even began. Go Sally.

What are the chances of something only screening at BFI to break into the Oscars race?

Profile picture
    Dorsey
    Topics:

Is this year so boring we’re gonna argue over last year again? TIFF can’t start soon enough.

Profile picture
    Elazul
    Topics:

And Zellweger won an Oscar (for an awful performance)

Was she really that bad? I read the book so never bothered to check the movie (just like Mystic River).

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    ENGLAND
    Topics:

Can Scarlett win Lead and Supporting actress? Lololol. That trailer for Jo Jo Rannit looked incredible and so did she.

Profile picture
    Pipipopo
    Topics:

Actor actually quite a lot first time winners as well Peter Finch Richard Dreyfus Ben Kingsley F. Murray Abraham William Hurt Michael Douglas (for acting) Daniel Day Lewis Jeremy Irons Anthony Hopkins Nicolas Cage Geoffrey Rush Roberto Benigni Adrian Brody Jamie Foxx Phillip Seymour Hoffman Forrest Whittaker Jean Dujarden Matthew McConahey Eddie Redmayne Rami Malek Since the 1980s, every decade there’s always been 4 winners that win on their first nomination.

Peter Finch was nominated for Sunday Bloody Sunday before winning for Network

Profile picture
    Dorsey
    Topics:

What were y’all saying about Scarjo having this in the bag if she can avoid saying anything stupid?

How’s “I love Woody. I believe him, and I would work with him anytime.”

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/features/scarlett-johansson-talks-woody-allen-elizabeth-warren-black-widow-1235618

Profile picture
    ginnala
    Topics:

What were y’all saying about Scarjo having this in the bag if she can avoid saying anything stupid? How’s “I love Woody. I believe him, and I would work with him anytime.” https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/features/scarlett-johansson-talks-woody-allen-elizabeth-warren-black-widow-1235618

I can’t…

Profile picture
    vinny
    Topics:

I can’t…

Well I wasn’t bankig on her getting nominated but this pretty much makes me think “Nope not happening now for sure”

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

She really doesn’t give a fuck..

Profile picture
    Matthew anzalone
    Topics:

Bye, Bye scarlett

Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 531 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2020: Best Actress predictions’ is closed to new replies.