Home Forums Movies Oscars 2020: Best Actress predictions

Oscars 2020: Best Actress predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 496 through 510 (of 533 total)
Created
8 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
( +5 hidden )
replies
views
users
Victor Cruz
kellis
Lil Tony
  • John Berchmans
    Participant
    Topics:

Well, there goes Scarlett’s chances at a win. Can she even still be nominated?

For Your Consideration.

Best Picture: Parasite, Jojo Rabbit, Joker, Ford v Ferrari
    Best Director: Bong-Joon Ho, Taika Waititi, Todd Phillips
    Best Actor: Joaquin Phoenix, Robert Pattinson, Roman Griffin Davis, Christian Bale
    Best Actress: Lupita Nyong'o
    Best Supporting Actor: Willem Dafoe, Song Kang-Ho, Sam Rockwell
    Best Supporting Actress: Thomasin McKensie, Cho Yeo-Jeong
    Best Adapted Screenplay: Jojo Rabbit, Joker
    Best Original Screenplay: Parasite, Ford v Ferrari

Victor Cruz
    Participant
    Topics:

Scarlett is trending all
    Over. Congrats to Renee or Charlize on their Best Actress win.

wattsgold
    Participant
    Topics:

Mmmm, not stanning for Johansson but I really find some posts here really inconsistent.

Maybe she should have been your hypocritical Best Actress Oscar winner who claimed they didn’t know anything about sexual abuse in Hollywood.

James Breheney
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t think she had much of a chance of winning anyway. I mean she has never been nominated before despite starring in several Oscar winning films. Surely this indicates that the Academy don’t see her as a serious actress. Being ever-present in the MCU movies for the last 10 years can’t have helped not to mention her seemingly constant controversial statements in the press. This Woody Allen thing is certainly not a nail-in-the-coffin for her Oscar prospects but it is something that could easily be brought back up in the press by opposition campaigns come awards season.

Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

This is hilarious. If Green Book, especially the writing team, and Bohemian Rhapsody (4-for-5) were able to overcome all the controversy brewing around them, then Johansson will as well. I mean, it’s not even comparable with the mess that those two movies created. Plus, it’s just September and this will be old news two weeks from now. I don’t like what she said, but that doesn’t change the fact that I think some people here are jumping to conclusions waaaay too fast.

Oscar FYC - Lupita Nyong'o & Elisabeth Moss ("Us") - Best Actress & Supporting Actress. It must happen; otherwise the Tethered are coming.

Dorsey
    Participant
    Topics:

Last year there were a lot of MALE winners that won despite being horrible. The standards are higher for women. Being likable is a must.

brb stanning Adam Driver

wattsgold
    Participant
    Topics:

This is hilarious. If Green Book, especially the writing team, and Bohemian Rhapsody (4-for-5) were able to overcome all the controversy brewing around them, then Johansson will as well. I mean, it’s not even comparable with the mess that those two movies created. Plus, it’s just September and this will be old news two weeks from now. I don’t like what she said, but that doesn’t change the fact that I think some people here are jumping to conclusions waaaay too fast.

I agree. She is not even my favorite one in contention, but what is this mess?

Some of you: “why the hell not let’s call her a dumb bitch cuz we feel like it” (also, “I don’t want her to win”)

wattsgold
    Participant
    Topics:

Last year there were a lot of MALE winners that won despite being horrible. The standards are higher for women. Being likable is a must.

…and fucking annoying. All those women being so fake-humble. I’ll take Colman’s awkward and authentic demeanor any day over the cheesy starlet “Give me an Oscar” fake assness

Honey
    Participant
    Topics:

I agree. She is not even my favorite one in contention, but what is this mess? Some of you: “why the hell not let’s call her a dumb bitch cuz we feel like it” (also, “I don’t want her to win”)

its been the same 3-4 posters lol since day 1. First Scarjo was supposed to miss for Blake Lively, then Marriage story was supposed to only get 1 nom, then marriage story suddenly wasn’t supposed to be eligible for BP cuz it’s not being released in theaters (but somehow eligible for every other categories), then marriage story will be a Beautiful Boy, then marriage story was a movie that didn’t have a serious matter, then marriage story would make no money at the box office. U can’t make this shit up.

Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

I mean, she wouldn’t have the performance anyway in order to win lmao. She’s just the it girl in a strong movie. But glad the way is clear for Renée to deservedly sweep even for an under 60 MC movie lol. Oh well, Rami won last year for an even worse rated one, so

Marcus Snowden (The Artist Formerly Known as msnowden1)
    Participant
    Topics:

When I see Marriage Story, I will do what I always do for awful entertainers: I will separate the art from the artist. With that being said, defending Woody Allen is just another inclusion in a long list of problematic shit that Johansson has said.

Eddy Q
    Participant
    Topics:

Classic overreactions littered all over this thread. Also I wouldn’t take it for granted that almost everyone assumes Woody Allen’s guilt, though that position has sort of become the “correct” one in US culture. I think Johansson will still be fine for a nomination at least.

BICTH
    Participant
    Topics:

First Scarjo was supposed to miss for Blake Lively

ginnala
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t think it’s really comparable.

ScarJo is starting to become notoriously known for her controversial statements, as it’s far from being the first time she says something like this. As I said previously, her tone deaf comments about taking minorities roles could have angered some people and now this. This isn’t a first time offense.

Regarding green book, I feel like the controversy was really small. As for Bohemian Rhaspody, they used the argument of hiring a second director after the allegations and the love for Queen to move past it. And no one gives a sh*t about its RT or metacritic scores, the GP loved that movie. However, I don’t really see what could help Scarlett, because again, this is far from being the first time she says things like that and she could continue to do so over the past few months.

I remember Timothee Chalamet being pressured to give away the money he made for shooting with Woody Allen, and y’all really don’t think supporting him won’t hurt ScarJo?

Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

Everyone in the industry loves Woody Allen, let’s be real for a bit. But he’s a disgusting human being and everyone also acknowledges that. Well, maybe not ScarJo lol.

Viewing 15 posts - 496 through 510 (of 533 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2020: Best Actress predictions’ is closed to new replies.