Home Forums Movies Oscars 2020: Best Actress predictions

Oscars 2020: Best Actress predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 14 posts - 511 through 524 (of 524 total)
Created
2 years ago
Last Reply
1 year ago
replies
views
users
Victor Cruz
kellis
Lil Tony
  • Profile picture
    Thatcher, Prime Minister of GoldDerby
    Topics:

Darlings, I like the irony of how Johansson has been seen as a feminist icon and an anti-Trump celeb but now for saying that she believes a person who she really knows very well she’s a fascist… I can’t with the disgusting and repulsive Social Justice Warriors. She didn’t even defend his innocence… she said she would like to work with him. Since the Best Actress award seems to be boring this year, I’m stanning her. Come on, Scarlett!!! Your vagina is getting a dildo!!!

As a famous singer said, "ain't nobody gonna Thatcher, Thatcher, Thatcher!"

Darlings, I like the irony of how Johansson has been seen as a feminist icon and an anti-Trump celeb but now for saying that she believes a person who she really knows very well she’s a fascist… I can’t with the disgusting and repulsive Social Justice Warriors. She didn’t even defend his innocence… she said she would like to work with him. Since the Best Actress award seems to be boring this year, I’m stanning her. Come on, Scarlett!!! Your vagina is getting a dildo!!!

It looks like a de facto defense of his actions in many people’s eyes, though.

Profile picture
    Cordelia
    Topics:

I literally called ScarJo saying dumb shit weeks ago. I wish I could be surprised, but it’s like expecting Lena Dunham not to put her foot in her mouth.

Netflix PR is going to have a messy Oscars year that’s for sure.

For Your Consideration:

Best Picture: Wolfwalkers

Best Animated Feature: Wolfwalkers

Profile picture
    Dana S.
    Topics:

You know, after GB won BP  with its bag of controversies, I won’t be surprised if it doesn’t affect ScarJo at all.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by Dana S..
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by Dana S..
    Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

You know, after GB won BP with its bag of controversies, I won’t be surprised if it doesn’t affect ScarJo at all.

as it shouldn’t

I STAN Lady Gaga and Roddy Ricch

As awful as some of the shit she has said is, I don’t see her comments on Woody Allen hurting ScarJo at all on the road to the Oscars.

Profile picture
    Hoster1
    Topics:

I kinda admire ScarJo this time lol.

Profile picture
    kellis
    Topics:

I think she’ll end up being nominated but winning is a different story. If she continues to say stuff like this before the Globes, I can guarantee she isn’t winning. She’s already going down the trajectory of Mortensen in my eyes lol: he said the n-word and he was canceled as a front-runner immediately, while she said that she believes an accused sexual predator post-MeToo. It would be pretty easy for the competition to spin a narrative that consists of Johansson not standing with a fellow woman.

“No user starts this shady” - someone culturally relevant.

Also got banned because...reasons? So, I guess ciao.

Profile picture
    Hoster1
    Topics:

I think she’ll end up being nominated but winning is a different story. If she continues to say stuff like this before the Globes, I can guarantee she isn’t winning. She’s already going down the trajectory of Mortensen in my eyes lol: he said the n-word and he was canceled as a front-runner immediately, while she said that she believes an accused sexual predator post-MeToo. It would be pretty easy for the competition to spin a narrative that consists of Johansson not standing with a fellow woman.

Mortensen was never considered a frontrunner tho, so there’s really no say in how much that debacle ultimately hurt him.

Profile picture
    kellis
    Topics:

Mortensen was never considered a frontrunner tho, so there’s really no say in how much that debacle ultimately hurt him.

Really? I thought that he was (or seen as competitive) for like a split second when Green Book premiered out of TIFF and then that whole thing derailed him to just an also-ran. I guess I’m just remembering things wrong. Oh well, the point still stands that I think this will just deem her as an also-ran.

Profile picture
    Hoster1
    Topics:

ScarJo’s comments can definetly hurt her but what else is there? I guess Erivo if her film doesn’t flop, Zelly has raves but her film doesn’t have that great reiception (but there’s a possibility HFPA gives her a win and she snowballs from here)? And I can’t see Ronan winning for a 500th Little Women adaptation, let alone Awkwafina for Chinese-language indie.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by Hoster1.
    Profile picture
    kellis
    Topics:

but what else is there?

We can make a prayer circle for when Pike gets raves out of TIFF so that Amazon sets a late release for 2019 instead of 2020 and she sweeps.

Profile picture
    Hoster1
    Topics:

God I wish. She was the best in the category both times she was nominated. Seeing her with an Oscar is my only wish, so I can die happy lol.

Profile picture
    ginnala
    Topics:

ScarJo’s comments can definetly hurt her but what else is there? I guess Erivo if her film doesn’t flop, Zelly has raves but her film doesn’t have that great reiception (but there’s a possibility HFPA gives her a win and she snowballs from here)? And I can’t see Ronan winning for a 500th Little Women adaptation, let alone Awkwafina for Chinese-language indie.

Viewing 14 posts - 511 through 524 (of 524 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2020: Best Actress predictions’ is closed to new replies.