Home Forums Movies Oscars 2020: Best Actress predictions

Oscars 2020: Best Actress predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 6 posts - 526 through 531 (of 531 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
9 months ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
Victor Cruz
kellis
Lil Tony
  • Profile picture
    Hoster1
    Topics:

I think she’ll end up being nominated but winning is a different story. If she continues to say stuff like this before the Globes, I can guarantee she isn’t winning. She’s already going down the trajectory of Mortensen in my eyes lol: he said the n-word and he was canceled as a front-runner immediately, while she said that she believes an accused sexual predator post-MeToo. It would be pretty easy for the competition to spin a narrative that consists of Johansson not standing with a fellow woman.

Mortensen was never considered a frontrunner tho, so there’s really no say in how much that debacle ultimately hurt him.

Profile picture
    kellis
    Topics:

Mortensen was never considered a frontrunner tho, so there’s really no say in how much that debacle ultimately hurt him.

Really? I thought that he was (or seen as competitive) for like a split second when Green Book premiered out of TIFF and then that whole thing derailed him to just an also-ran. I guess I’m just remembering things wrong. Oh well, the point still stands that I think this will just deem her as an also-ran.

“No user starts this shady” - someone culturally relevant.

Also got banned because...reasons? So, I guess ciao.

Profile picture
    Hoster1
    Topics:

ScarJo’s comments can definetly hurt her but what else is there? I guess Erivo if her film doesn’t flop, Zelly has raves but her film doesn’t have that great reiception (but there’s a possibility HFPA gives her a win and she snowballs from here)? And I can’t see Ronan winning for a 500th Little Women adaptation, let alone Awkwafina for Chinese-language indie.

• This reply was modified 9 months ago by Hoster1.
    Profile picture
    kellis
    Topics:

but what else is there?

We can make a prayer circle for when Pike gets raves out of TIFF so that Amazon sets a late release for 2019 instead of 2020 and she sweeps.

“No user starts this shady” - someone culturally relevant.

Also got banned because...reasons? So, I guess ciao.

Profile picture
    Hoster1
    Topics:

God I wish. She was the best in the category both times she was nominated. Seeing her with an Oscar is my only wish, so I can die happy lol.

Profile picture
    ginnala
    Topics:

ScarJo’s comments can definetly hurt her but what else is there? I guess Erivo if her film doesn’t flop, Zelly has raves but her film doesn’t have that great reiception (but there’s a possibility HFPA gives her a win and she snowballs from here)? And I can’t see Ronan winning for a 500th Little Women adaptation, let alone Awkwafina for Chinese-language indie.

Viewing 6 posts - 526 through 531 (of 531 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2020: Best Actress predictions’ is closed to new replies.