Home Forums Movies Oscars 2020: Best Actress predictions

Oscars 2020: Best Actress predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 531 total)
Created
9 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
Victor Cruz
kellis
Lil Tony
  • The One And Only of Gold Derby.
    Participant
    Topics:

I would say Sony’s Priority before November is:

1. Once Upon a Time in Hollywood
    2. A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood
    3. Little Women

Then After November.

1. Little Women
    2. Once Upon a Time in Hollywood
    3. A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood

That is the truth.

No exceptions.

A Rival To Thatcher’s Reign.

kellis
    Spectator
    Topics:

Little Women will probably play at AFI since Gerwig is said to still be finishing the final cut due to the increased positive reactions from each screening. We really shouldn’t use social media as a driving force in our predictions if the Emmys and Oscars have taught us anything this year because the thinking may not be universal (for example, I only saw a Twitter moment regarding ABDITN because of who I follow whereas others could’ve seen it everywhere).

Wow, a genuine thank you for taking the time to dig up one of my old posts! I feel so honored haha 🙂

I gotta use that great source material lol.

“No user starts this shady” - someone culturally relevant.

Also got banned because...reasons? So, I guess ciao.

Jays
    Participant
    Topics:

I would say Sony’s Priority before November is:

1. Once Upon a Time in Hollywood
    2. A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood
    3. Little Women

Then After November.

1. Little Women
    2. Once Upon a Time in Hollywood
    3. A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood

OUATIH will be its #1 lmao, that’s not changing

Jays
    Participant
    Topics:

Little Women will probably play at AFI since Gerwig is said to still be finishing the final cut due to the increased positive reactions from each screening. We really shouldn’t use social media as a driving force in our predictions if the Emmys and Oscars have taught us anything this year because the thinking may not be universal (for example, I only saw a Twitter moment regarding ABDITN because of who I follow whereas others could’ve seen it everywhere).

I meant more in terms of its trailer’s views. They’re absurd on YouTube, Twitter and Facebook. And I only say that as it could easily correlate to big box office and big box office could correlate to Oscar success despite middling reviews (as we saw with Bohemian Rhapsody). ABDITH should have good reviews though, Heller’s been consistent so far so I don’t see why she would miss the mark here.

Thatcher, Former Prime Minister of GoldDerby
    Participant
    Topics:

Darlings, Whatever Ronan is probably getting a nod. That trailer was so classy.

Miles
    Participant
    Topics:

A clear alternative will most likely emerge but if I had to pick one person now who would be the safest bet for the win it would be Saoirse Ronan. Her fourth nomination, beloved role, second film with Gerwig. Like someone else said, it just feels like the right role at the right time. That being said, she’ll probably lose.

Victor Cruz
    Participant
    Topics:

If the trailer for Little Women is any indication, I will be rooting for Ronan to finally win her Oscar.

I really doubt Saoirse will win for Little Women. It looks very Saoirse Ronan.

John Berchmans
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t think Ronan is a lock in the slightest. Little Women might turn out to be Sony’s third priority behind Once Upon a Time in Hollywood and A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood – the latter is playing at TIFF and could easily win the audience award which would really bode well for its awards chances. Little Women should make money but so should A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood given how well the trailer played to the general public. My point is I don’t see Sony being able to get 3 films in Best Picture and Ronan has yet to be nominated for a film that wasn’t nominated for Best Picture. She’ll get great reviews, but she could easily miss. I think it’s a mistake on Sony’s part by not taking this to any of the fall festivals.

Fox has gotten 3 films into the Best Picture race in one year on multiple occasions (2015 and 2017 being the most recent), so there’s reason to believe Sony can’t do it too. All 3 of those films are huge contenders, and with enough campaigning they can easily all get nominated.

BP: Parasite, Jojo Rabbit, Joker, Ford v Ferrari, Marriage Story,
    BD: Bong-Joon Ho, Taika Waititi, Todd Phillips, Noah Baumbach
    Actor: Joaquin Phoenix, Robert Pattinson, Adam Driver, Roman Griffin Davis, Christian Bale
    Actress: Lupita Nyong'o, Scarlett Johansson
    S. Actor: Willem Dafoe, Song Kang-Ho, Sam Rockwell, Al Pacino, Alan Alda
    S. Actress: Laura Dern, Thomasin McKensie, Cho Yeo-Jeong
    AS: Jojo Rabbit, Joker, The Irishman

Victor Cruz
    Participant
    Topics:

1. Scarlett Johansson (Marriage Story- Netflix) ** Box Office star, movie seems to have a lot of hype/BP contender. I’m still not sure this film will be flashy enough for a Best Actress win.
    2. Charlize Theron (Fair and Balanced- Lionsgate) I’ve heard she’s really good in this and her transformation is spot on. The movie could be divisive, but I see this doing well with the actors branch.
    3. Saoirse Ronan (Little Women- Sony)– Acting and below the line contender. I see Ronan steady getting nominated for everything but losing every single awards show.
    4. Natalie Portman (Lucy in the Sky- Fox Searchlight)– October release date + TIFF premiere might be a good sign for this.
    5. AWKWAFINA (The Farewell- A24) Diversity push + Box office indie hit + Critical darling.
    ———————————————————————
    6. Meryl Streep (The Laundromat- Netflix) Lead or supporting? I don’t know. But She’ll get in whereever she’s placed.
    7. Felicity Jones (The Aeronauts- Amazon)– I don’t see more than one streaming contender happening. Scarjo, Streep and Jones…I don’t think so.
    8. Cynthia Erivo (Harriet- Focus Features)- The movie looks like a big baity mess.
    9. Renee ZellWeger (Judy- Roadside Attractions)– This doesn’t have much box office potential + I don’t think critics will be kind to it outside Renee of course.

• This reply was modified 4 months ago by  Victor Cruz.
    Akkara Love
    Participant
    Topics:

Actress (List 1)

1. Cynthia Erivo – Harriet

2. Awkwafina (Nora Lum) – The Farewell

3. Lupita Nyong’o – Us

4. Meryl Streep – The Laundromet

5. Renee Zellweger – Judy

Actress (List 2)

1. Cate Blanchett – Where’d You Go, Bernadatte?

2. Cynthia Erivo – Harriet

3. Lupita Nyong’o – Us

Actress (List 3)

1. Awkwafina (Nora Lum) – The Farewell

2. Melisa McCarthy – The Kitchen

3. Lupita Nyong’o – Us

KAZ-2.5
    Participant
    Topics:

People have been predicting Scarjo to get a nomination for a decade now and it hasn’t happened. I’ll believe it when I see it.

Lil Tony
    Participant
    Topics:

I really doubt Saoirse will win for Little Women. It looks very Saoirse Ronan.

thank you. She’s receiving praises because she’s Ronan. It looked a very easy role from the trailer. Renée still looks like the best at this point

FYC
    Best Actor :.
    Taron Egerton = Rocketman
    Joaquin Phoenix = Joker
    Eddie Murphy = Dolemite is my Name

Best actress :
    Charlize Theron = Bombshell
    Alfre Woodard = Clemency

Supporting Actor
    Brad Pitt = Once upon a time in Hollywood

Supporting Actress =
    Margot Robbie = Any of her two performances.
    Dame Maggie Smith = Downton Abbey
    Octavia Spencer = Luce

Jays
    Participant
    Topics:

Fox has gotten 3 films into the Best Picture race in one year on multiple occasions (2015 and 2017 being the most recent), so there’s reason to believe Sony can’t do it too. All 3 of those films are huge contenders, and with enough campaigning they can easily all get nominated.

Sony isn’t Fox lol. Sony has never been able to do it, so yes there is reason to believe that they won’t be able to do it.

Lil Tony
    Participant
    Topics:

My early feelings: Golden Globe – Drama Cynthia Erivo, Harriet Golden Globe – Musical/Comedy Renée Zellweger, Judy SAG Awards Cynthia Erivo, Harriet BAFTA Renée Zellweger, Judy OSCARS Renée Zellweger, Judy PREDICTED OSCARS LINEUP

• Awkwafina, The Farewell
    • Cynthia Erivo, Harriet
    • Lupita Nyong’o, Us
    • Saoirse Ronan, Little Women
    • Renée Zellweger, Judy

<p style=”text-align: right;”></p>

has it been confirmed that Judy is going comedy/musical? They should better place it in drama where it belongs

FYC
    Best Actor :.
    Taron Egerton = Rocketman
    Joaquin Phoenix = Joker
    Eddie Murphy = Dolemite is my Name

Best actress :
    Charlize Theron = Bombshell
    Alfre Woodard = Clemency

Supporting Actor
    Brad Pitt = Once upon a time in Hollywood

Supporting Actress =
    Margot Robbie = Any of her two performances.
    Dame Maggie Smith = Downton Abbey
    Octavia Spencer = Luce

Thatcher, Former Prime Minister of GoldDerby
    Participant
    Topics:

Darlings, neither Cynthia Erivo or Renée Zellweger are winning. I’m sure about that.

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 531 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2020: Best Actress predictions’ is closed to new replies.