Home Forums Movies Oscars 2020: Best Animated Feature

Oscars 2020: Best Animated Feature

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
ospencer
HarmonV
gabarnes43
  • Mr. Tintin
    Participant
    Topics:

I know it’s a bit too early to discuss Oscars 2020, but I really wanted to talk about Best Animated Feature 2020.

Best Animated Feature, depending on who you ask, is either the most boring or most interesting category selection in years due to the animated films releasing this year. 2019 is mostly sequel-laden, so odds are that a sequel will be the winner.

In my perspective, the American frontrunners are currently How To Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World, Toy Story 4, Missing Link, and Frozen 2. I was hesitant about adding Frozen 2 to my predicted nominations due to the fact that the Oscars used to choose 3 American mainstream films and 2 indies, so I thought Toy Story 4, How To Train Your Dragon 3, and Missing Link will make it in the end, while Frozen 2 will be snubbed due to my prediction of it potentially weaker reviews. After Ralph Breaks The Internet got nominated despite my prediction that it would get snubbed, as well as Frozen 2’s teaser, I can see it have more of a chance, though it’s still 4th or 5th on my list.

My prediction as of now is How To Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World because the franchise is overdue and the film is fantastic all on its own, so there could potentially be a lot of support.

Emmys 2019: I stan Amy Adams, Mahershala Ali, and Jason Bateman.

Oscars 2020: I stan Amy Adams, Benedict Cumberbatch, Dean Deblois, and John Powell.

ospencer
    Participant
    Topics:

This is going to be a FIGHT.
    Frozen 2 looks stunning and Toys Story 4… is Toys Story.
    However, most people don’t see the point in a new Toys Story so it’ll need to be outstanding.

ReplyCopy URL
    OneAndOnlyMe.
    Participant
    Topics:
    • Frozen 2
    • How To Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World
    • The Lion King
    • Missing Link
    • Toy Story 4
    ReplyCopy URL
    Blanche
    Participant
    Topics:

I´m not buying the new characters on Toy Story tbh I´m not expecting much and the fact that is the fourth film of the franchise may be a problem.
    Meanwhile Frozen will probably be a hit and they took their time to make it so it could be really good.Also, if there is a lesbian character like its said believe this is a lock.

ReplyCopy URL
    Gabarnes43
    Participant
    Topics:

Toy Story 4 needs to be amazing with an emotional end

FYC Emmys 2019 ‘Killing Eve for Series, Jodie Comer, Sandra Oh and Fiona Shaw’ ‘Jim Parsons for The Big Bang Theory’

ReplyCopy URL
    BICTH
    Participant
    Topics:

if frozen 2 does indeed make elsa lesbian I would give it the award in a heartbeat even if the rest of the film is some emoji movie level bullshit, it’s been long enough since a big studio has allowed one of their planned top grossers to be potentially censored in china

ReplyCopy URL
    OneAndOnlyMe.
    Participant
    Topics:

Well, I think Lion King will win this one because unlike Jungle Book, there are no human characters.

ReplyCopy URL
    Matthew anzalone
    Participant
    Topics:
    Participant
    Topics:

Well, I think Lion King will win this one because unlike Jungle Book, there are no human characters.

Its not animated though so I doubt it would be legible

FYC Emmys 2019 ‘Killing Eve for Series, Jodie Comer, Sandra Oh and Fiona Shaw’ ‘Jim Parsons for The Big Bang Theory’

ReplyCopy URL
    Foolio
    Participant
    Topics:

The Addams Family could get a nomination. October release date certainly won’t hurt.

ReplyCopy URL
    Mr. Tintin
    Participant
    Topics:

The Addams Family could get a nomination. October release date certainly won’t hurt.

It’d have to be amazing in order to be considered, though. Barring Spider-Verse and Despicable Me 2 (the former because it’s a game changer in animation and the latter because 2013 was a weak year and it stood out as good among them), Best Animated Feature usually gives nominations to Pixar, Disney, DreamWorks, stop motion, and foreign films.

I’m not saying it can’t do it-in fact, I’d be overjoyed if it turns out amazing. We just need to wait and see.

Emmys 2019: I stan Amy Adams, Mahershala Ali, and Jason Bateman.

Oscars 2020: I stan Amy Adams, Benedict Cumberbatch, Dean Deblois, and John Powell.

ReplyCopy URL
    MKnight98
    Participant
    Topics:

There’s no way HTTYD3 gets snubbed, even with Addams Family in the mix. Films like Shaun the Sheep 2, Addams Family, and Wish Dragon are more likely to be snubbed. The Animation branch does like mainstream films, and HTTYD 3 was a critical and box office hit. Realistically, it’s more likely to be nominated than not.

• This reply was modified 3 months ago by  MKnight98.
    • This reply was modified 3 months ago by  MKnight98.
    ReplyCopy URL
    Tyler The Awesome Guy
    Participant
    Topics:

if frozen 2 does indeed make elsa lesbian I would give it the award in a heartbeat even if the rest of the film is some emoji movie level bullshit, it’s been long enough since a big studio has allowed one of their planned top grossers to be potentially censored in china

I completely agree. The left-leaning Hollywood elites will probably give it Best Picture too if that is the case, even if the movie sucked otherwise. It’s kinda sad.

However, co-director Chris Buck has said that he would include that subplot in Frozen 2… over his dead body.

I'm not perfect, but I keep trying.

ReplyCopy URL
    ospencer
    Participant
    Topics:

My Prediction. 01.The Addams Family 02.Shaun the Sheep Movie: Farmageddon 03.Missing Link 04.Wish Dragon 05.Frozen 2

I’m sorry but any prediction without How To Train Your Dragon 3 AND Toys Story 4 is just unrealistic.

ReplyCopy URL
    ospencer
    Participant
    Topics:

What about UglyDolls? It looks like a must watch for children and depending on the reviews, it could snatch a nomination imo.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.