Home Forums Movies Oscars 2020 Part 2 (Predictions Center Now Open)

Oscars 2020 Part 2 (Predictions Center Now Open)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 486 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
PJ Edwards
Seven
John Berchmans
  • methaddiction
    Participant
    Topics:

Waves seems more like Beale Street than Moonlight in my opinion.

JackO
    Participant
    Topics:

Pete Hammond, whose basic taste often mirrors the academy, dismisses a bunch of films as BP players in one fell swoop in his TIFF preview write up.

There are many others that first got exposure on screens outside of Canada, but it seems unlikely that such titles as Honey Boy (trailer), The Climb, The Lighthouse (trailer), A24’s Waves (trailer) — hoping to become another Moonlight for the distributor — Seberg, The Aeronauts (trailer), Judy (trailer) featuring a sensation turn from Renee Zellweger as Judy Garland in her final months, Uncut Gems, Edward Norton’s Motherless Brooklyn (trailer), Clemency with the great Alfre Woodard, Fox Searchlight Cannes pickup A Hidden Life and Steven Soderbergh’s political comedy The Laundromat (trailer) will figure seriously into the Best Picture race. But each of them might be able to pick up added momentum from a great showing here, especially in other races.

Dorsey
    Participant
    Topics:

he’s so basic he makes me puke every year jfc

brb stanning Adam Driver

Kay
    Participant
    Topics:

Sterling K. Brown has entered the chat. I love him. I’m nervous.

Caelin Cripps
    Participant
    Topics:

Lol, I’m actually intrigued to watch Hustlers just to see if JLo is worth the hype.

It’s crazy to see how much heat she is getting for her performance. Even Variety said she deserves an Oscar nomination so we shall see indeed I suppose.

Hoster1
    Participant
    Topics:

Waves seems more like Beale Street than Moonlight in my opinion.

I agree with this. Currently predicting it for Supporting Actor, Original Screenplay and it can possibly get into Score (Reznor and Ross) or Cinematography.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by  Hoster1.
    • This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by  Hoster1.
    The One And Only of Gold Derby.
    Participant
    Topics:

It’s crazy to see how much heat she is getting for her performance. Even Variety said she deserves an Oscar nomination so we shall see indeed I suppose.

Is she even in the Prediction center?

That is the truth.

No exceptions.

A Rival To Thatcher’s Reign.

BICTH
    Participant
    Topics:

jlo getting nominated would be the campiest thing ever and I kinda wanna see it

Matthew anzalone
    Participant
    Topics:

VarietyIf there’s any justice, Jennifer Lopez will receive her first Oscar nomination for channeling the ringleader Ramona as Erin Brockovich by way of Matthew McConaughey in ‘Magic Mike.‘” Vanity Fair VanityFair

I dont know about the oscars, But an globe nomination for Jlo wouldnt be to far fetched. Does anyone know if there is a new song in the film?

Why U So Obsessed?
    Participant
    Topics:

It’s called ‘background vocals’.

Were Rebbie Jackson, Diana Ross, & Rockwell lip syncing to Michael Jackson’s voice when he sang the chorus on their songs ? No.

Artists in the music industry have always done that. J.Lo is a quadruple threat and continues to stay relevant. Be mad!

Anyway, “Hustlers” is getting no where near the Oscars. Not to compare Female led crime dramas BUT…if “Widows” couldn’t get in…then I highly doubt this will.

Maybe a SAG ensemble nod could happen. But that’s about it. J.Lo deserved nods for “Selena” & “Out of Sight”.

“The best way to make someone feel small, is to not say anything to them at all” —>clicks ignore button

Hoster1
    Participant
    Topics:

You guys can’t be serious, we had Gaga last year and now Jlo #payola.

Can’t wait for Oscar nominee Ariana Grande next year for The Prom.

thatnerdgreg
    Participant
    Topics:

Great, another category fraud on the way… unless they treat it as ensemble and Wu also ends up being campaigned as supporting. Then I don’t mind. Lopez is due for some major awards recognition. She’s a much better actress than certain recent nominees

MarinaBelo2
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t want to live in a world where Jennifer Lopez is considered Oscar worthy. The girl has the audacity to lip-sync on other females vocals and sell it to the public, stealing music from lesser known artists and y’all are like “she’s due for major awards recognition” how about learn how to have talent first.

But she’s a good ACTRESS. Why are you talking about her singing skills?

That’s why terrible actresses who are great singers have been nominated and won Oscars…

Victor Cruz
    Participant
    Topics:

LMFAO @ JLO GETTING OSCAR BUZZ. SHE’S A BETTER ACTRESS THAN LADY GAGA, I CAN GIVE HER THAT.

ginnala
    Participant
    Topics:

Lowkey here for JLo getting nominated lol.

Anyway, “Hustlers” is getting no where near the Oscars. Not to compare Female led crime dramas BUT…if “Widows” couldn’t get in…then I highly doubt this will.

Absolutely no one cared about Widows. Hustlers already has more buzz than Widows ever had. I’m not saying it will translate in any awards nominations, but still.

Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 486 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2020 Part 2 (Predictions Center Now Open)’ is closed to new replies.