Home Forums Movies Oscars 2020 Part 2 (Predictions Center Now Open)

Oscars 2020 Part 2 (Predictions Center Now Open)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 478 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
1 year ago
replies
views
users
JackO
Seven
John Berchmans
  • Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

I’m confused: why does Hustlers have a 92% on Rotten Tomatoes but a 5.6 on IMDB. Do audiences hate this film way more than critics? If so, that could be a bad sign.

Stream After Hours and In Your Eyes (Remix)

Profile picture
    ginnala
    Topics:

I’m confused: why does Hustlers have a 92% on Rotten Tomatoes but a 5.6 on IMDB. Do audiences hate this film way more than critics? If so, that could be a bad sign.

It has 5.2 now. Seems like trolls more than anything else.

Profile picture
    BenitoDelicias
    Topics:

I don’t know if I can handle the thought of Jennifer Lopez as an acting nominee. I wouldn’t even buy her as a song nominee.

What I can do is remember some examples like “not the best actress ever Jennifer Aniston” once being a possible Oscar nominee who was nominated everywhere and they still said NO! So J.Lo has a long way to go. ‘Cause there’s a lot precedent for questionable actors being snubbed after being included everywhere else.

Profile picture
    JackO
    Topics:

I can’t say too much and won’t jump the gun on anything before official reviews come in on Tuesday. But I would say Erivo will be nominated and the film has a good chance at a Picture nomination. Not a sure thing but Odom Jr. is a standout as well.

Erivo COULD win.

Interesting that the film could be good after that flop trailer. If it does get a BP nomination the race is ovah. Sorry ScarJo.

Profile picture
    JanisEye
    Topics:

This is what usually happens when movies feature a predominantly female cast. Incels can’t stand it.

Profile picture
    Human Bartender
    Topics:

It’s worth nothing that you have to wait a while to get a good idea of what a film’s IMDB score will actually be. When The Interview first time came out, it briefly became the highest rated film on the site. But then, when people actually watched it, they realized it was terrible and it ended up getting a score of 6.5 (the only reason it’s not abysmally low is because so many people gave it 10/10s purely based on it’s hype). It wouldn’t surprise me if a few JLo and Cardi B haters gave the film bad reviews out of spite. Let’s wait awhile and see where the score really ends up.

Let’s Go Bucks

Profile picture
    Human Bartender
    Topics:

I know she’s currently listed as leading in the prediction center, but for anyone who’s seen Jojo Rabbit (cause I know someone on here said they did) say whether or not Thomason McKenzie is lead or supporting?

Let’s Go Bucks

Profile picture
    bellajoe
    Topics:

I’m really interested to see if Knives Out does anything. I could potentially see some academy members trying to rally to get Rian a nod after the fanboy’s immature response to Star Wars.

Profile picture
    Matthew anzalone
    Topics:

I’m really interested to see if Knives Out does anything. I could potentially see some academy members trying to rally to get Rian a nod after the fanboy’s immature response to Star Wars.

It depends on what the globes do with it.

Profile picture
    AMG
    Topics:

Single straight white male virgins voting down Hustlers when they haven’t even seen it.

They hate to see female centred films do well in any capacity.

See also the scores for: Ghostbusters, Bridesmaids, Widows, Crazy Rich Asians, Ocean’s Eight (among many others I’m sure)

Check out more of my thoughts on Twitter (@AMG_Review) and Instagram (amg_reviews)

Profile picture
    Yal
    Topics:

Erivo is NOT winning for Floppiet. The delusion..

Profile picture
    Human Bartender
    Topics:

Single straight white male virgins voting down Hustlers when they haven’t even seen it. They hate to see female centred films do well in any capacity. See also the scores for: Ghostbusters, Bridesmaids, Widows, Crazy Rich Asians, Ocean’s Eight (among many others I’m sure)

I just checked Bridesmaids’ score. Wow. 6.8. That really pisses me off, cause that film is absolutely hysterical. On the other hand, Ghostbusters deserves its lousy score cause that film is a hot pile of shit. I was originally all for the reboot, as I think the four stars are legitimately funny, but it just didn’t come together at all. Unlike the original’s fast paced and utterly brilliant dialogue, the reboot’s constant improvisation just dragged on and on. Hopefully the next iteration can capture the original film’s spirit (pun unintended), but I’m just not sure if I have it in me to deal with another Ghostbusters reboot.

Let’s Go Bucks

Profile picture
    JanisEye
    Topics:

Even Booksmart has a somewhat low score. I think it will go under 7 in a few months.

Profile picture
    TheRedBoy
    Topics:

When will JLo be added to the prediction center?

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

Original Screenplay is shockingly weak this year, so I think Knives Out has a solid shot at a nomination if the buzz continues. Right now though, my prediction is that OUATIH, Marriage Story, Ford v Ferrari, Parasite, and Waves are the 5 nominees.

Stream After Hours and In Your Eyes (Remix)

Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 478 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2020 Part 2 (Predictions Center Now Open)’ is closed to new replies.