Home Forums Movies Oscars 2020 Part 2 (Predictions Center Now Open)

Oscars 2020 Part 2 (Predictions Center Now Open)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 13 posts - 466 through 478 (of 478 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
1 year ago
replies
views
users
JackO
Seven
John Berchmans
  • Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

This season is gonna be fun

Profile picture
    Thatcher, Prime Minister of GoldDerby
    Topics:

Darlings, I’m heartbroken. Cinema is dying… A comic book movie is going to get nominated AGAIN and will be acclaimed by hipsters and snobs as if it is the best movie of all time. And Joke Phoenix is winning for trying too hard to outact Dead Ledger. And SJW are now against Johansson. And politics and the anti-Trump movement will be so unbearable again. I’m already tired of this season.

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by Thatcher.
    • This reply was modified 1 year ago by Thatcher.

As a famous singer said, "ain't nobody gonna Thatcher, Thatcher, Thatcher!"

Profile picture
    Matthew anzalone
    Topics:

Darlings, I’m heartbroken. Cinema is dying… A comic book movie is going to get nominated AGAIN and will be acclaimed by hipsters and snobs as if it is the best movie of all time. And Joke Phoenix is winning for trying too hard to outact Dead Ledger. And SJW are now against Johansson. And politics and the anti-Trump movement will be so unbearable again. I’m already tired of this season.

I havent seen joker yet. But if it deserves to be nominated then it should. Saying that cinema is dying because a comic book might get nominated is ridiculous. But black panther didnt derserve a best picture nomination and I will stand behind that. Also there is no guarantee joker will be nominated. Nothing is for sure at oscars especially after last year.

Profile picture
    Thatcher, Prime Minister of GoldDerby
    Topics:

But black panther didnt derserve a best picture nomination and I will stand behind that. 

Darling, that’s like… obvious. People who think that movie deserved a nod should have their brains checked.

As a famous singer said, "ain't nobody gonna Thatcher, Thatcher, Thatcher!"

Profile picture
    lorelei lor
    Topics:

This season is gonna be fun

Profile picture
    rlk
    Topics:

Original Screenplay is shockingly weak this year, so I think Knives Out has a solid shot at a nomination if the buzz continues. Right now though, my prediction is that OUATIH, Marriage Story, Ford v Ferrari, Parasite, and Waves are the 5 nominees.

I read on The Film Experience that Ford vs Ferrari is based on the book Go Like Hell: Ford, Ferrari, and Their Battle for Speed and Glory at Le Mans by AJ Baime. So if true, expect it to move to Adapted Screenplay.

Profile picture
    TVFan365
    Topics:

Omg just realized Jennifer Lopez might get an acting nom at the Oscars before Ben Affleck. Lol

Profile picture
    Cordelia
    Topics:

I really hope Jojo rabbit does well. This Oscar race needs some spice. The Joker discourse has gone through what Green Book went through over several months already*, and there are an awful lot of biographies coming in to fill the performance categories.

It’s not like it’s been a dull year either. Parasite, Portrait of a Lady on Fire, Weathering With You, Pain and Glory, Bacurau – those are all great films and in many regards, the sort of original and passionate film-making people lament that we lack. But they are too Foreign, so I guess we’ve got to entertain DC comic book adaptation pastiche of Scorcese and Scorcese pastiche of his own filmography as the Oscar candidates of note.

*We should’ve just said “no, this is derivative and hacky” instead of trying to engage politically with Green Book, and based on the script I read, Joker.

For Your Consideration:

Best Picture: Wolfwalkers

Best Animated Feature: Wolfwalkers

Profile picture
    Rinolo Twenty-two
    Topics:

Adapted Screenplay is weaker than Original Screenplay. At least, there is enough acclaimed films to make a lineup in Original.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Cordelia
    Topics:

THE GOLDFINCH is a disaster. – David Ehrlich

THE GOLDFINCH is one of the worst movies I’ve seen all year. It’s shockingly bad. – Matt Goldberg

THE GOLDFINCH: The longest movie of the year. Don’t fact check that. Just trust me. – Brian Tallerico

We have the first THIS HAD OSCAR BUZZ of the season right here! Unless you count Where’d You Go Bernadette

For Your Consideration:

Best Picture: Wolfwalkers

Best Animated Feature: Wolfwalkers

Profile picture
    Damiansport1
    Topics:

Duh. Everybody knew this would flop. Not surprised at all. Only people who dont really follow the oscars were predicting it.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
Viewing 13 posts - 466 through 478 (of 478 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2020 Part 2 (Predictions Center Now Open)’ is closed to new replies.