Home Forums Movies Oscars 2020 Part 2 (Predictions Center Now Open)

Oscars 2020 Part 2 (Predictions Center Now Open)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 486 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
PJ Edwards
Seven
John Berchmans
  • John Berchmans
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m guessing Ad Astra is the First Man of this years oscar season: nominations in both sound categories, visual effects, and maybe production design, but nothing else. It’s just so hard for straightforward sci-fi movies to get in nowadays.

For Your Consideration.

Best Picture: Parasite, Jojo Rabbit, Joker, Ford v Ferrari
    Best Director: Bong-Joon Ho, Taika Waititi, Todd Phillips
    Best Actor: Joaquin Phoenix, Robert Pattinson, Roman Griffin Davis, Christian Bale
    Best Actress: Lupita Nyong'o
    Best Supporting Actor: Willem Dafoe, Song Kang-Ho, Sam Rockwell
    Best Supporting Actress: Thomasin McKensie, Cho Yeo-Jeong
    Best Adapted Screenplay: Jojo Rabbit, Joker
    Best Original Screenplay: Parasite, Ford v Ferrari

JackO
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m guessing Ad Astra is the First Man of this years oscar season: nominations in both sound categories, visual effects, and maybe production design, but nothing else. It’s just so hard for straightforward sci-fi movies to get in nowadays.

Sounds about right. Even the raves are going on about how unshowy and meditative it is.

Joyce Byers
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m so excited about the reviews of Ad Astra and Marriage Story!!!!! Can’t wait for Scarlett Johansson to get the recognition she deserves since she was snubbed for “Lost in Translation”!!! SO EXCITED!!! And Brad Pitt is winning an Oscar this year!! I’m so happy!

Eddy Q
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m so excited about the reviews of Ad Astra and Marriage Story!!!!! Can’t wait for Scarlett Johansson to get the recognition she deserves since she was snubbed for “Lost in Translation”!!! SO EXCITED!!! And Brad Pitt is winning an Oscar this year!! I’m so happy!

Not so fast. Pitt is vulnerable as an early “frontrunner”.

Marcel
    Participant
    Topics:

Best Picture: Avengers Endgame (WINNER) The Irishman Once Upon a Time in Hollywood Little Women Harriet Joker Us Marriage Story Jojo Rabbit Rocketman Best Director: The Russo Brothers (WINNER) Martin Scorsese Quentin Tarantino Kassi Lemons Todd Philips Best Actor: Joaquin Phoenix (WINNER) Leonardo DiCaprio Adam Driver Adam Sandler Taron Egerton Best Actress: Saiorse Ronan Meryl Streep Lupita Nyong’o Cynthia Ervio (WINNER) Scarlett Johansson Best Supporting Actor: Robert Downey Jr (WINNER) Al Pacino Tom Hanks Taika Waititi Best Supporting Actress: Janelle Monae (WINNER) Emma Watson Scarlett Johansson Nicole Kidman Margot Robbie

Are you serious?

• This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by  Marcel.
    gorman
    Participant
    Topics:

At the minute I think Marriage Story is the firm front runner. I had it as my predicted winner prior to the premiere mostly based off of gut feeling but the reviews have definitely cemented my thoughts on it. I’m not sure if it will win but I think it will be the favourite once the festivals are over, as I doubt anything will match its critical acclaim and it’s the only film at all the major festivals.

Whilst people predicting Endgame to win is crazy, I don’t think predicting a nomination is. I don’t want it to happen, but the Oscars have essentially admitted openly after last year that they need viewers and popular support. If they’re willing to give Bohemian Rhapsody four Oscars and a BP nod, they’ll probably give the highest grossing film ever a Best Picture nod and a few other noms/ wins.

Ad Astra I don’t think will show up a lot at the Oscars – sound noms, visual effects, maybe a few others will probably be the limit, sadly.

Cordelia
    Participant
    Topics:

Best Picture:

Avengers Endgame (WINNER)

The Irishman

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood

Little Women

Harriet

Joker

Us

Marriage Story

Jojo Rabbit

Rocketman

Best Director:

The Russo Brothers (WINNER)

Martin Scorsese

Quentin Tarantino

Kassi Lemons

Todd Philips

Best Actor:

Joaquin Phoenix (WINNER)

Leonardo DiCaprio

Adam Driver

Adam Sandler

Taron Egerton

Best Actress:

Saiorse Ronan

Meryl Streep

Lupita Nyong’o

Cynthia Ervio (WINNER)

Scarlett Johansson

Best Supporting Actor:

Brad Pitt

Robert Downey Jr (WINNER)

Al Pacino

Tom Hanks

Taika Waititi

Best Supporting Actress:

Janelle Monae (WINNER)

Emma Watson

Scarlett Johansson

Nicole Kidman

Margot Robbie

This isn’t the People’s Choice Awards.

For Your Consideration:

Best Picture: Weathering With You, Parasite, The Lighthouse
    Best Supporting Actor: Willem Dafoe - The Lighthouse
    Best Animated Feature: Weathering With You, Promare
    Best International Film: Weathering With You, Parasite

ginnala
    Participant
    Topics:

They are never going to give best picture to Netflix. I already said this last year when people were predicting Roma and I’m saying it again.

Seven
    Participant
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: right;”>

They are never going to give best picture to Netflix. I already said this last year when people were predicting Roma and I’m saying it again.

</p>
    Doesn’t mean it can’t be competitive in acting, screenplay and even director where there’s no preferential ballot. I don’t think anyone is truly expecting it to win Best Picture anyway

ginnala
    Participant
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: right;”> </p> Doesn’t mean it can’t be competitive in acting, screenplay and even director where there’s no preferential ballot. I don’t think anyone is truly expecting it to win Best Picture anyway

Oh of course. I’m just reacting to the comments saying it’s the current frontrunner. I just don’t see it for that reason.

Victor Cruz
    Participant
    Topics:

Apparently no one remembers that a film with a 69 Metacritic score defeated the most acclaimed film of the year and a film with a 49 MetaCritic score won 4 Oscars including Best Actor. I’m skeptical Netflix wins any of the major 4 categories until it happens.

Honey
    Participant
    Topics:

Apparently no one remembers that a film with a 69 Metacritic score defeated the most acclaimed film of the year and a film with a 49 MetaCritic score won 4 Oscars including Best Actor. I’m skeptical Netflix wins any of the major 4 categories until it happens.

Netflix won director already.

Seven
    Participant
    Topics:

Oh of course. I’m just reacting to the comments saying it’s the current frontrunner. I just don’t see it for that reason.

Yeah, Best Picture is definitely cancelled. If a game-changer and filmmaking masterpiece like Roma couldn’t do it, I don’t think these oldheads will change their minds for Marriage Story

Someone mentioned that it won’t have to face the foreign language/slow paced/extremely highbrow bias and will actually have a strong SAG’s support, unlike Roma that was completely ignored there.

But it won’t have any political clout either, that’s why I don’t think it’s winning anyway

Let’s just watch for the 3 acting categories and screenplay. It looks competitive in all of these

• This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by  Seven.
    Victor Cruz
    Participant
    Topics:

Netflix won director already.

The three Amigos don’t apply. They’d win for anything.

Damiansport1
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m already bored from the trailer. This will likely flop. Everything looks like a flop this year. Unless it’s as good as like Gravity it isn’t going anywhere major Oscar categories wise.

I heard Aeronauts is pretty great so i wouldnt pay too much attention to trailer. Reviews tomorrow from Telluride

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 486 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2020 Part 2 (Predictions Center Now Open)’ is closed to new replies.