Home Forums Movies Oscars 2020 Part 2 (Predictions Center Now Open)

Oscars 2020 Part 2 (Predictions Center Now Open)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 486 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
PJ Edwards
Seven
John Berchmans
  • DrewN92
    Participant
    Topics:

Tonight we will get reviews for Aeronauts and you will see why i think its major contender

I actually enjoyed the trailer and had high hopes for it, but I think Amazon changing its theatrical release strategy for this signifies they don’t think it’s going to be a huge contender.

Hoster1
    Participant
    Topics:

Posters fighting for their mutual crush is the last thing I expected to read on this forum.

The Queen is back!

Mukund
    Participant
    Topics:

Damn it. I missed it lol.

Qoslca
    Participant
    Topics:

Interesting Washington Post article on TIFF, the “Oscar kingmaker”:

https://bit.ly/2zvomd1

My username stands for “Quiet On Set! Lights, Camera, Action.”

Hammad Asif
    Participant
    Topics:

JOKER is 121 min long and it is a dangerous movie,Taxi Driver-Esque
    Initial Word from Twitter

Kubrick-Scorsese-Nolan-Coens-PTA-Fincher-Hitchock-Spike Lee-Tarantino
    19yr old Film School Student

gorman
    Participant
    Topics:

Interesting Washington Post article on TIFF, the “Oscar kingmaker”: https://bit.ly/2zvomd1

Interesting article. If I was gonna guess I’d probably have A Beautiful Day In The Neighbourhood as my favourite to win the People’s Choice Award at the minute. Based on the last decade you can all but assure the winner will be a BP nom, which is the main reason I still have ABDITN in my Top 10.

I also think Parasite or The Lighthouse could surprise and win it given the praise both won at Cannes. After those mentioned I would probably place my bets on Marriage Story, Jojo Rabbit or Just Mercy in that order, but I guess we’ll have no real idea until they’ve all premiered.

Qoslca
    Participant
    Topics:

@liam_gorman Yep, there are so many heavy hitters this year, it’s really hard to predict until they’ve premiered.

My too-early guess is that People’s Choice will go to ABDITN, Ford v. Ferrari, Jojo Rabbit, Marriage Story, or The Report.

My username stands for “Quiet On Set! Lights, Camera, Action.”

Salsa Club
    Participant
    Topics:

Uncut Gems is premiering tonight at Telluride and I can’t wait to see all the haters’ reactions to the acclaim!

JackO
    Participant
    Topics:

Interesting article. If I was gonna guess I’d probably have A Beautiful Day In The Neighbourhood as my favourite to win the People’s Choice Award at the minute. Based on the last decade you can all but assure the winner will be a BP nom, which is the main reason I still have ABDITN in my Top 10.

I also think Parasite or The Lighthouse could surprise and win it given the praise both won at Cannes. After those mentioned I would probably place my bets on Marriage Story, Jojo Rabbit or Just Mercy in that order, but I guess we’ll have no real idea until they’ve all premiered.

I got Just Mercy as my sleeper this year. It seems topical and by the guy who did Short Term 12. Hoping for a surprise!

Gabarnes43
    Participant
    Topics:

Could meryl win in lead comedy at the globes for The Laundromat

Globes FYC- Fleabag, Phoebe Waller Bridge, Jodie Comer, Dame Emma Thompson, The Crown

SAG FYC- The Crown, Olivia Colman, Fleabag, PWB

Critics Choice- Schitts Creek, Fleabag, Killing Eve, Bodyguard

BAFTA- Fleabag, Killing Eve

Oscars FYC ‘Little Women’ ‘Downton Abbey’ ‘Maggie Smith’

Salsa Club
    Participant
    Topics:

Aaaaannndddd goodbye Kristen Stewart

https://www.indiewire.com/2019/08/seberg-review-kristen-stewart-venice-1202169977/

Dana S.
    Participant
    Topics:

Could meryl win in lead comedy at the globes for The Laundromat

Possibly? Who knows. She’s Meryl. She can win GG for sneezing these days.

Victor Cruz
    Participant
    Topics:

I wouldn’t expect Zellweger to be liked by GoldDerbians but now that she’s supposedly in drama for the Globes, if Judy doesn’t flop and does some respectable box office, she’ll be a threat for the Globe and if she wins there over Johansson and Theron, needless to say she’s sweeping.

Was the Judy Drama placement confirmed? I also thought Marriage Story would go Comedy or Musical?

Dennis El Mar
    Participant
    Topics:

Was the Judy Drama placement confirmed? I also thought Marriage Story would go Comedy or Musical?

I don’t think Judy’s placement was officially confirmed but there’s apparently stricter rules on Musical/Comedy placements for musician biopics so people are assuming it’ll go Drama. I’m pretty sure that Marriage Story is going Drama, the reviews make it seem like an emotional and intense film with moments of comic relief, but not a full-blown comedy or dark comedy.

Dennis El Mar
    Participant
    Topics:

Someone on Twitter said it was submitted as drama in the festival? Not as musical.

I just saw that tweet now whoops, and this might be a stupid question but do they actually have a musical category at Telluride, and is there a precedent for biopics that enter as dramas at film festivals to still be entered M/C at the Globes?

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 486 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2020 Part 2 (Predictions Center Now Open)’ is closed to new replies.