Home Forums Movies Oscars 2020 Predictions (Make Your Picks Today!)

Oscars 2020 Predictions (Make Your Picks Today!)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 266 total)
Created
2 weeks ago
Last Reply
7 mins ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
EsOS
gabarnes43
Jays
  • JackO
    Participant
    Topics:

Why’s Downton Abbey so low in The Best Picture ranking. It’s a huge contender. Maggie Smith should be in the top 6 at least and it has a real good shot at Adapted Screenplay

It will get its requisite SAG noms because SAG is filled with basics and basically appear nowhere else.

ReplyCopy URL
    Seven
    Participant
    Topics:

Ronan, Gerwig and Chalamet have all been overhyped for the past 2 years so I’m not even surprised. I’ll laugh hard if Little Yt Women ends up crashing

• This reply was modified 6 days, 8 hours ago by  Seven.
    • This reply was modified 6 days, 8 hours ago by  Seven.
    ReplyCopy URL
    OneAndOnlyMe.
    Participant
    Topics:

Downtown Abbey won’t be going near a Best Picture nomination. It has a very good chance for being nominated for Makeup, Production, and Costume. Maggie Smith has an opportunity to be nominated but it will take a very good performance. Cinematography and Score (if eligible) are possibilities. Golden Globes Nominations are possible (especially Smith) and a SAG Ensemble nomination is VERY likely (along with a possible Smith).

ReplyCopy URL
    kellis
    Participant
    Topics:

This site gets so pressed towards Gerwig after one acclaimed film it’s nonsensical at this point lol.

In regards to the prediction center placement, I wouldn’t even pay attention to it at this point. There’s plenty of contenders in the center who have no chance but still are in before people like Spencer (none of us are letting this go lol), or are higher than they’re supposed to be. Streep in the top 2 for Little Women for such a long time was for sure a choice. Riley’s also stated at how the odds are never entirely accurate.

ReplyCopy URL
    Vektor
    Participant
    Topics:

Kris Tapley is predicting Streep in Supporting after watching The Laundromat. Please, at least give us the option to predict her there. That would also end the nonsense Streep Little Women prediction in Supporting Actress for a cameo role.

ReplyCopy URL
    thatnerdgreg
    Participant
    Topics:

Pundits are so high on this little women film. If the other one was barely popular with the Academy, what makes people think this one will.

After Lady Bird, Gerwig and Ronan have a lot of hype going towards them. A lot of people loved their work, and would love to see them win Oscars. Hell, in a different year the two of them likely would’ve won. Unfortunately for Ronan, Frances McDormand was unstoppable that year(and Sally Hawkins was likely the runner up), and for Gerwig, original screenplay was filled with some extremely strong contenders. I personally believe Ronan has a real shot to win this year. I believe the prediction center is correct, and it’ll likely be a showdown between her and Cynthia Erivo. Gerwig, however will likely only be nominated. This is a story that’s been told many, many times, so that makes her screenplay unlikely to win anything. This is also just not the kind of film that wins best director. However, what’s important is that the film looks like it’ll be great. It’s based on a beloved story, has a top notch director/writer, and features some hugely talented individuals (and Emma Watson) in front of the camera

ReplyCopy URL
    Akkara Love
    Participant
    Topics:

Picture

1. Parasite
    2. Once Upon a Time in Hollywood
    3. The Irishman
    4. Little Women
    5. The Laundromat
    6. Us
    7. The Farewell
    8. The Goldfinch
    9. The Lighthouse
    10. 1917

Director
    1. Bong Joon-ho – Parasite
    2. Quentin Tarantino – Once Upon a Time in Hollywood
    3. Lulu Wang – The Farewell
    4. Steven Soderbergh – The Laundromat
    5. Greta Gerwig – Little Women

Actor

1. Joaquin Phoenix – Joker
    2. Taron Egerton – Rocketman
    3. Leonardo DiCaprio – Once Upon a Time in Hollywood
    4. Willem Dafoe – The Lighthouse
    5. Daniel Kaluuya – Queen and Slim
    Actress

1. Renee Zellweger – Judy
    2. Cynthia Erivo – Harriet
    3. Meryl Streep – The Laundromat
    4. Lupita Nyong’o – Us
    5. Saoirse Ronan – Little Women

S.Actor

1. Robert Pattinson – The Lighthouse
    2. Jamie Bell – Rocketman
    3. Gary Oldman – The Laundromat
    4. Brad Pitt – Once Upon a Time in Hollywood
    5. Jamie Foxx – Just Mercy

S.Actress

1. Meryl Streep – Little Women
    2. Margot Robbie – Once Upon a Time in Hollywood
    3. Annette BeningThe Report
    4. Scarlett Johansson – Jojo Rabbit
    5. Nicole Kidman – The Goldfrinch

O.Screenplay

1. Parasite
    2. Once Upon a Time in Hollywood
    3. The Farewell
    4. Harriet
    5. The Lighthouse

A.Screenplay

1. The Laundromat
    2. The Irishman
    3. A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood
    4. The Goldfinch
    5. Little Women

ReplyCopy URL
    Pulp
    Participant
    Topics:

Like how Regina wasn’t happening?

Who said this? She was always happening.

ReplyCopy URL
    Jays
    Participant
    Topics:

I lol every time someone has Lupita in their predictions but not Johansson. It’s just so objectively wrong lol.

ReplyCopy URL
    Gabarnes43
    Participant
    Topics:

If Meryl goes Supporting for The Laundromat I think she’s winning

FYC Emmys 2019 ‘Killing Eve’ ‘Sandra Oh’ ‘Fiona Shaw’ ‘Bob Odenkirk ‘Jonathan Banks’ ‘Fleabag’ ‘Phoebe Waller Bridge ‘Olivia Colman’ ‘Ted Danson’ ‘Alan Arkin’ ‘Kristin Scott Thomas’

FYC OSCARS 2020- ‘Little Women’ ‘Saoirse Ronan’ ‘Maggie Smith’ ‘Downton Abbey’ ‘Emma Thompson ‘Late Night’

ReplyCopy URL
    Mickmack
    Participant
    Topics:

If Meryl goes Supporting for The Laundromat I think she’s winning

No she aint.

ReplyCopy URL
    Matthew anzalone
    Participant
    Topics:

Laura dern is one of my favorite actresses. I dont care what movie its for, I just want her to be nominated.

ReplyCopy URL
    Victor Cruz
    Participant
    Topics:

After Lady Bird, Gerwig and Ronan have a lot of hype going towards them. A lot of people loved their work, and would love to see them win Oscars. Hell, in a different year the two of them likely would’ve won. Unfortunately for Ronan, Frances McDormand was unstoppable that year(and Sally Hawkins was likely the runner up), and for Gerwig, original screenplay was filled with some extremely strong contenders. I personally believe Ronan has a real shot to win this year. I believe the prediction center is correct, and it’ll likely be a showdown between her and Cynthia Erivo. Gerwig, however will likely only be nominated. This is a story that’s been told many, many times, so that makes her screenplay unlikely to win anything. This is also just not the kind of film that wins best director. However, what’s important is that the film looks like it’ll be great. It’s based on a beloved story, has a top notch director/writer, and features some hugely talented individuals (and Emma Watson) in front of the camera

You’re measuring Ronan chances based on a one hit film Gerwig had. If you think she’ll win for little woman you’ll be very dissapointed. As for Erivo I won’t say anything until that film premieres but judging from that trailer, I’m not expecting anything good from it.

ReplyCopy URL
    Victor Cruz
    Participant
    Topics:

I lol every time someone has Lupita in their predictions but not Johansson. It’s just so objectively wrong lol.

I took Lupita out of
    My predictions. It’s kind of a wishful
    Thinking. She’s been forgotten.

ReplyCopy URL
    WildforFilm
    Participant
    Topics:

Why? Lupita is in a film that’s been publicly released, while Johansson’s film hasn’t. If Johansson’s performance is better, I’m sure people will adjust once its been seen.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 266 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.