Home Forums Movies Oscars 2020 Predictions (Make Your Picks Today!)

Oscars 2020 Predictions (Make Your Picks Today!)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 486 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
PJ Edwards
Victor Cruz
Seven
  • Pulp
    Participant
    Topics:

Like how Regina wasn’t happening?

Who said this? She was always happening.

#FreeTheBannedFour

Jays
    Participant
    Topics:

I lol every time someone has Lupita in their predictions but not Johansson. It’s just so objectively wrong lol.

Gabarnes43
    Participant
    Topics:

If Meryl goes Supporting for The Laundromat I think she’s winning

FYC Golden Globes- Fleabag, The Crown, Olivia Colman, Jennifer Aniston

FYC Oscars- Maggie Smith, Charlize Theron, Brad Pitt, Adam Driver

FYC Emmys- Schitts Creek, The Crown, Years and Years

Mickmack
    Participant
    Topics:

If Meryl goes Supporting for The Laundromat I think she’s winning

No she aint.

Matthew anzalone
    Participant
    Topics:

Laura dern is one of my favorite actresses. I dont care what movie its for, I just want her to be nominated.

Victor Cruz
    Participant
    Topics:

After Lady Bird, Gerwig and Ronan have a lot of hype going towards them. A lot of people loved their work, and would love to see them win Oscars. Hell, in a different year the two of them likely would’ve won. Unfortunately for Ronan, Frances McDormand was unstoppable that year(and Sally Hawkins was likely the runner up), and for Gerwig, original screenplay was filled with some extremely strong contenders. I personally believe Ronan has a real shot to win this year. I believe the prediction center is correct, and it’ll likely be a showdown between her and Cynthia Erivo. Gerwig, however will likely only be nominated. This is a story that’s been told many, many times, so that makes her screenplay unlikely to win anything. This is also just not the kind of film that wins best director. However, what’s important is that the film looks like it’ll be great. It’s based on a beloved story, has a top notch director/writer, and features some hugely talented individuals (and Emma Watson) in front of the camera

You’re measuring Ronan chances based on a one hit film Gerwig had. If you think she’ll win for little woman you’ll be very dissapointed. As for Erivo I won’t say anything until that film premieres but judging from that trailer, I’m not expecting anything good from it.

Victor Cruz
    Participant
    Topics:

I lol every time someone has Lupita in their predictions but not Johansson. It’s just so objectively wrong lol.

I took Lupita out of
    My predictions. It’s kind of a wishful
    Thinking. She’s been forgotten.

WildforFilm
    Participant
    Topics:

Why? Lupita is in a film that’s been publicly released, while Johansson’s film hasn’t. If Johansson’s performance is better, I’m sure people will adjust once its been seen.

thatnerdgreg
    Participant
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: left;”>

I took Lupita out of My predictions. It’s kind of a wishful Thinking. She’s been forgotten.

</p>
    Agreed. I thought Lupita was wonderful, but the hype surrounding her and the movie had passed. If Toni Collete’s raves (Olivia Colman was probably the only nominated actress that got better notices) couldn’t carry her to a nod, then Lupita doesn’t have much of a chance.

Jays
    Participant
    Topics:

Why? Lupita is in a film that’s been publicly released, while Johansson’s film hasn’t. If Johansson’s performance is better, I’m sure people will adjust once its been seen.

Lol so according to your argument, the only people we should predict right now are those who are in films that have already been released? That completely defeats the point of doing predictions. Anyway, Johansson’s film has been seen by Oscar pundits and they all have her in their predictions. It’s not like the buzz for the film is coming from no where. GD is the only place where there’s some people that are still doubting Johansson lol.

Tyler
    Participant
    Topics:

Johansson is just as win-competitive as Erivo if not more

Thatcher, Former Prime Minister of GoldDerby
    Participant
    Topics:

Darlings, I have to laugh if you think Cynthia Erivo is winning Best Actress. She’s a very limited actress. Her performance in Boring Times at the El Royale was annoying as hell. She better sticks at singing.

JackO
    Participant
    Topics:

Yeah Harriet looks like a glorious flop of a film. I think she gets in because of IMPORTANCE! but win? Nope.

The Artist Formerly Known as Xander Cassel
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m predicting Lupita until the day I die. Also, Hanks going Lead seems like a mistake to me–I thought he was gonna win Supporting, but now…

Anyway. Current lineup, in order of most likely to win, except for Picture, because idfk about that one.

Picture

1. The Irishman
    2. Once Upon a Time in Hollywood 
    3. Little Women
    4. 1917
    5. A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood 
    6. The Farewell
    7. Marriage Story
    8. Harriet
    9. The Goldfinch
    10. Parasite

Director

1. Quentin Tarantino
    2. Martin Scorsese
    3. Greta Gerwig
    4. Sam Mendes
    5. Bong Joon-Ho

Actress

1. Cynthia Erivo
    2. Awkwafina
    3. Saoirse Ronan
    4. Scarlett Johansson
    5. Lupita Nyong’o

Actor

1. Joaquin Phoenix
    2. Leonardo DiCaprio
    3. Tom Hanks
    4. Antonio Banderas
    5. Adam Driver

Supporting Actress

1. Laura Dern
    2. Shuzhen Zhou
    3. Meryl Streep
    4. Margot Robbie
    5. Jennifer Hudson

Supporting Actor

1. Brad Pitt
    2. Willem Dafoe
    3. Gary Oldman
    4. Al Pacino
    5. Joe Pesci

FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

How can one request an addition to a category? I really really want to predict Robert James-Coller for his portrayal of Thomas Barrow, the only gay character in Downton Abbey, but he is still not on the list of potential nominees….

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 486 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2020 Predictions (Make Your Picks Today!)’ is closed to new replies.