Home Forums Movies Oscars 2020 Predictions (Make Your Picks Today!)

Oscars 2020 Predictions (Make Your Picks Today!)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 254 total)
Created
2 weeks ago
Last Reply
3 hours ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
EsOS
gabarnes43
Jays
  • thatnerdgreg
    Participant
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: left;”>

I took Lupita out of My predictions. It’s kind of a wishful Thinking. She’s been forgotten.

</p>
    Agreed. I thought Lupita was wonderful, but the hype surrounding her and the movie had passed. If Toni Collete’s raves (Olivia Colman was probably the only nominated actress that got better notices) couldn’t carry her to a nod, then Lupita doesn’t have much of a chance.

ReplyCopy URL
    Jays
    Participant
    Topics:

Why? Lupita is in a film that’s been publicly released, while Johansson’s film hasn’t. If Johansson’s performance is better, I’m sure people will adjust once its been seen.

Lol so according to your argument, the only people we should predict right now are those who are in films that have already been released? That completely defeats the point of doing predictions. Anyway, Johansson’s film has been seen by Oscar pundits and they all have her in their predictions. It’s not like the buzz for the film is coming from no where. GD is the only place where there’s some people that are still doubting Johansson lol.

ReplyCopy URL
    Tyler
    Participant
    Topics:

Johansson is just as win-competitive as Erivo if not more

ReplyCopy URL
    Thatcher, Prime Minister of GoldDerby
    Participant
    Topics:

Darlings, I have to laugh if you think Cynthia Erivo is winning Best Actress. She’s a very limited actress. Her performance in Boring Times at the El Royale was annoying as hell. She better sticks at singing.

LENA HEADEY hasn't got an Emmy for Game of Thrones????? Emmys you need to win her right now!!

Lena Headey ("Game of Thrones") for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series.

If Lena Headey doesn't win the Emmy, I'm leaving GoldDerby forever.

ReplyCopy URL
    JackO
    Participant
    Topics:

Yeah Harriet looks like a glorious flop of a film. I think she gets in because of IMPORTANCE! but win? Nope.

ReplyCopy URL
    The Artist Formerly Known as Xander Cassel
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m predicting Lupita until the day I die. Also, Hanks going Lead seems like a mistake to me–I thought he was gonna win Supporting, but now…

Anyway. Current lineup, in order of most likely to win, except for Picture, because idfk about that one.

Picture

1. The Irishman
    2. Once Upon a Time in Hollywood 
    3. Little Women
    4. 1917
    5. A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood 
    6. The Farewell
    7. Marriage Story
    8. Harriet
    9. The Goldfinch
    10. Parasite

Director

1. Quentin Tarantino
    2. Martin Scorsese
    3. Greta Gerwig
    4. Sam Mendes
    5. Bong Joon-Ho

Actress

1. Cynthia Erivo
    2. Awkwafina
    3. Saoirse Ronan
    4. Scarlett Johansson
    5. Lupita Nyong’o

Actor

1. Joaquin Phoenix
    2. Leonardo DiCaprio
    3. Tom Hanks
    4. Antonio Banderas
    5. Adam Driver

Supporting Actress

1. Laura Dern
    2. Shuzhen Zhou
    3. Meryl Streep
    4. Margot Robbie
    5. Jennifer Hudson

Supporting Actor

1. Brad Pitt
    2. Willem Dafoe
    3. Gary Oldman
    4. Al Pacino
    5. Joe Pesci

ReplyCopy URL
    FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

How can one request an addition to a category? I really really want to predict Robert James-Coller for his portrayal of Thomas Barrow, the only gay character in Downton Abbey, but he is still not on the list of potential nominees….

ReplyCopy URL
    paulsonalypse
    Participant
    Topics:

Call me crazy but I think Best Actress is a done deal with Renée finally winning the Oscar that Nicole Kidman “stole” right out of   her hands almost 20 years ago. Of course Nicole should of won for Moulin Rouge! the previous year but yeah we wouldn’t be having a black actress still winning Best Actress to this day if that had happened.

ReplyCopy URL
    Pulp
    Participant
    Topics:

How can one request an addition to a category? I really really want to predict Robert James-Coller for his portrayal of Thomas Barrow, the only gay character in Downton Abbey, but he is still not on the list of potential nominees….

He’ll never be in the center, you’ll have to blackmail the editors.

ReplyCopy URL
    Gabarnes43
    Participant
    Topics:

Current front runners that will most likely flop:

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood and The Irishman- they will both probably get a decent amount of nominations but I see them both going away empty handed. I don’t see The Irishman getting any acting noms

Cynthia Erivo- Harriet will flop and I doubt she will be nominated, let alone win

Renee Zellweger- Judy will Likely not got any noms other than maybe Costumes, I find it hard to believe that Zellweger will win an Oscar for this

FYC Emmys 2019 ‘Killing Eve’ ‘Sandra Oh’ ‘Fiona Shaw’ ‘Bob Odenkirk ‘Jonathan Banks’ ‘Fleabag’ ‘Phoebe Waller Bridge ‘Olivia Colman’ ‘Ted Danson’ ‘Alan Arkin’ ‘Kristin Scott Thomas’

FYC OSCARS 2020- ‘Little Women’ ‘Saoirse Ronan’ ‘Maggie Smith’ ‘Downton Abbey’ ‘Emma Thompson ‘Late Night’

ReplyCopy URL
    DrewN92
    Participant
    Topics:

Does anyone know of a consolidated list with all fall movies and which festivals they will be showing at? I feel like last year I referenced a list like this all the time but for some reason can’t find it right now for this year.

ReplyCopy URL
    Seven
    Participant
    Topics:

Current front runners that will most likely flop: Once Upon a Time in Hollywood and The Irishman- they will both probably get a decent amount of nominations but I see them both going away empty handed. I don’t see The Irishman getting any acting noms Cynthia Erivo- Harriet will flop and I doubt she will be nominated, let alone win Renee Zellweger- Judy will Likely not got any noms other than maybe Costumes, I find it hard to believe that Zellweger will win an Oscar for this

I agree about OUATIH and Irishman. I think both of them will get in Best Picture and could likely snatch an award or two but nothing more.

For some reason I think the Academy is slowly getting tired of big prestige (white) ensemble movies by established (should I say legendary) male directors. I keep thinking about the way The Post completely failed 2 years ago despite being the perfect Oscar bait (it even had that political leverage both OUATIH and Irishman probably lack)

• This reply was modified 2 days, 18 hours ago by  Seven.
    ReplyCopy URL
    Miles
    Participant
    Topics:

The Harriet trailer looks bad but I could still see Cynthia Erivo making it in at this stage in the game. Also, I don’t think Renée Zellweger is win-competitive but I think she is a very strong contender for a nomination. And I doubt she would need Judy to score other nominations for her to get in.

ReplyCopy URL
    jonny
    Participant
    Topics:

I agree about OUATIH and Irishman. I think both of them will get in Best Picture and could likely snatch an award or two but nothing more.

For some reason I think the Academy is slowly getting tired of big prestige (white) ensemble movies by established (should I say legendary) male directors. I keep thinking about the way The Post completely failed 2 years ago despite being the perfect Oscar bait (it even had that political leverage both OUATIH and Irishman probably lack)

Yeah i agree, i think The Irishman in particular will flop, its not the type of movie the Academy go for anymore

ReplyCopy URL
    Milk Money
    Participant
    Topics:

I have a weird feeling that Johansson will become the front runner for Best Actress.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 254 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.